Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    The progression is always the same with every wolf hater douche I've ever dealt with: they start out with their "science based management " bullshit and how they are "conservationists" and then once they feel comfortable they are amongst their fellow serial killer wannabes their true sadistic nature come out: shoot/shovel/shut up, intentional gut shooting, wiping out a den. There's a species out in the woods that needs to be nuked from the face of the Earth (preferrebly from orbit - and then beheaded if any remains can be found after said nuking) but it sure as fucking hell ain't wolves. A lot of these puds feel they can do whatever they want in the woods because there really isn't any law out there, and they're right. However - that "no law" thing goes two ways.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Poisoning an animal??? What a bunch of pussies. Need to kill a wolf? You should be able to do it with a hunting knife if your man enough.
    or maybe a small middle-aged Indian woman with a sickle:

Indian woman kills leopard with sickle after it attacks her

Kamla Devi, 56, says she battled with the animal for half an hour after it attacked her while she was tending her fields
    A 56-year-old Indian woman is recovering in hospital after killing a leopard that attacked her, as she tended her fields armed only with a sickle.

The woman told Indian broadcaster CNN-IBN that she battled with the leopard for half an hour on Sunday morning before finally delivering a killer blow with her sickle.

"The leopard lunged at me many times and we fought for a long time," she told the channel from her hospital bed in the northern state of Uttarakhand, her arms bandaged and a big scar across her right cheek.

"I got hold of my sickle and fought with it. That's when the leopard was killed," said the woman, named as Kamla Devi.

Devi, who was widowed a few years ago, told the Hindustan Times she was terrified when the leopard attacked, but was determined not to succumb.

"I gathered my courage to fight back. I promised myself that this is not my last day here," she told the paper.

She told AFP that she grabbed the ear of the attacking leopard with her right hand and kept swinging at the animal with the sickle in her left. Hearing Devi's screams for help, villagers in the Rudraprayag district came running but the leopard was dead by the time they reached her, a witness, Jagdish Singh, said.

Dr Rakesh Rawat said Devi's injuries, which include fractured hands and deep cuts on her body, were not life threatening and she was recovering.

Leopard attacks are relatively common in rural areas of India, although it is rare for the leopard to come off worse. In 2009 a nine-year-old boy in the same state fought off a leopard that had attacked his sister.

The animals are increasingly venturing into populated areas as their habitat becomes depleted. Video footage from Mumbai last year showed a leopard creeping into an apartment block complex and snatching a small dog.

Conservation group WWF called for better management of forests and other habitats for India's leopard population, which numbered 1,150 in a 2011 census.

spook Guest
    looks like the michigan wolverines suck too

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    looks like the michigan wolverines suck too
    Yeah, not their year - even Rice got points on the board against ND.

What the fuck is wrong with this Missoula jackass?

some waste of space pud brags about running down wolves with his wife's van

Fucking inbred moron. Fess up, someone knows this clown.
    I still call it The Jake.

I don't know hom, but since they talk about restitution for those grizzlies in that article, perhaps the state ought to pay him for saving the cow and calf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

"While I snapped a few photos, I heard the pup howling in distress ... and a few minutes later I heard quite a ruckus up above ... then all went quiet. I do believe that the adult wolves finished off their severely injured offspring."

Son of a fuckin cum guzzling mother fucker . I hope that SOB dies of something lingering and painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

"While I snapped a few photos, I heard the pup howling in distress ... and a few minutes later I heard quite a ruckus up above ... then all went quiet. I do believe that the adult wolves finished off their severely injured offspring."
    The cougar killed again the other night - ghastly sound listening to the poor animal die. Night was still and quiet except for its desperate cries.

^^^^KQ, in my simple life, there is a world of difference between some cocksucker trying to and succeeding at hitting an animal with his car. (I have fucked guys up that tried to run over a cat) and what nature has set up in the food chain. Not like I want it to happen, but I know when I go surfing, there is a very slim chance a shark will bite me and I may bleed out prior to getting to shore. Same thing with people that live in an area that is bordered by wilderness. They have to accept other creatures are trying to live there too and give them the room to do so or move back to the city with the rest of us jongs. Leave the critters alone, so they will still be there, once I can finally move there.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The cougar killed again the other night - ghastly sound listening to the poor animal die. Night was still and quiet except for its desperate cries.
    You didn't toast the cougar's success with a doobie and a nip of scotch? I sure would have.

^^^^KQ, in my simple life, there is a world of difference between some cocksucker trying to and succeeding at hitting an animal with his car. (I have fucked guys up that tried to run over a cat) and what nature has set up in the food chain. Not like I want it to happen, but I know when I go surfing, there is a very slim chance a shark will bite me and I may bleed out prior to getting to shore. Same thing with people that live in an area that is bordered by wilderness. They have to accept other creatures are trying to live there too and give them the room to do so or move back to the city with the rest of us jongs. Leave the critters alone, so they will still be there, once I can finally move there.
    I only meant to report what I heard following the other post to the same effect. BTW - I don't live on the edge of the wilderness. I live on the valley floor in the heart of wheat country 50 miles from the mountains which is the same distance between Bellevue Washington and Snoqualmie Pass (not that that makes any difference) Again... not going after the cat, just wish it would move on.

^^^So sadly, because of where you live, at some point the law will end up killing the Mountain Lion I hope they will at least try and tranquilize and relocating it first before resorting to lethal force. We are talking about awesome top tier predators here. In my mind we need to give them plenty of room to hunt and live, but sadly my take is in the minority.

^^^So sadly, because of where you live, at some point the law will end up killing the Mountain Lion I hope they will at least try and tranquilize and relocating it first before resorting to lethal force. We are talking about awesome top tier predators here. In my mind we need to give them plenty of room to hunt and live, but sadly my take is in the minority.
    I was told by someone who has lived here longer than me that the last time there was an issue in these parts with a cat that came to stay they trapped it and her three cubs and relocated them to the mountains. As I mentioned before, it has killed 3 cows (5 now I think) and a horse and yet it still roams so obviously this community isn't "kill the predator" happy.

Damn, vibes to the horse. Cows are raised for slaughter and are pretty much dumber than bricks. In their shoes, I would rather feed a mountain lion and her cubs than some fuckin ejit ordering a cheeseburger.

Stay in the slimy communist shit hole that you call home. People who want to move to MT and change the culture to be like California are not welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Farmer, are you, like, from the 50s?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I was told by someone who has lived here longer than me that the last time there was an issue in these parts with a cat that came to stay they trapped it and her three cubs and relocated them to the mountains. As I mentioned before, it has killed 3 cows (5 now I think) and a horse and yet it still roams so obviously this community isn't "kill the predator" happy.
    KQ, what have your neighbors done to deter the kitty? Donkey or llama perhaps? Pretty cheap insurance compared to five cows and a horse. Do they stable the animals at night or leave them out during cougar kill time?

Also, do your neighbors get rental income from a crp as well?

Farmer, are you, like, from the 50s?
    He's from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    KQ, what have your neighbors done to deter the kitty? Donkey or llama perhaps? Pretty cheap insurance compared to five cows and a horse. Do they stable the animals at night or leave them out during cougar kill time?

Also, do your neighbors get rental income from a crp as well?
    The operation that has been hit the hardest is a breeding farm. The guy raises championship bloodlines (Black Angus) and ships them all over the world. He does not raise them for slaughter (sure they eventually do but the intent is to breed them not send them to the feed lot). He is a very small operation and his cattle are kept within 50 yards of his house/barn area in a fenced pasture. His wife totally freaked out when they realized the cat had been living in a stand of trees on their property right by where she liked to park her son in his pram while she worked outside.

The horse was next door to the cattle breeder in a fenced pasture. Mine all come into the barn at night which is about a quarter mile from the river. I get coyotes up that far but have not seen cat tracks.

Cattle breeder does not have a CRP area. I'm on across the river from him and I do but it passed out of the program two years ago. Now I maintain it with my own funds.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Stay in the slimy communist shit hole that you call home. People who want to move to MT and change the culture to be like California are not welcome.
    Thousands of American Indians are laughing at your carpetbagger idiocy at this very moment.

I've said it before: "I live in a place that I couldn't even GET to five months out of the year if it weren't for the government plowing hundreds of miles of roads so I can drive around in a heated 4WD, that I'd freeze to death in if I didn't have public electricity and gas brought to my remote location at great expense, and I cost the government at least ten times more than an average city dweller...

...but I'm going to pretend I'm fucking Lewis and Clark."

There's a reason everyone mocks you and people like you: your relentless drive to shoot everything and put up Wal-Marts inevitably results in the destruction of the land and culture you claim to value.

But, dude, AMERICA
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

The operation that has been hit the hardest is a breeding farm. The guy raises championship bloodlines (Black Angus) and ships them all over the world. He does not raise them for slaughter (sure they eventually do but the intent is to breed them not send them to the feed lot). He is a very small operation and his cattle are kept within 50 yards of his house/barn area in a fenced pasture. His wife totally freaked out when they realized the cat had been living in a stand of trees on their property right by where she liked to park her son in his pram while she worked outside.

The horse was next door to the cattle breeder in a fenced pasture. Mine all come into the barn at night which is about a quarter mile from the river. I get coyotes up that far but have not seen cat tracks.

Cattle breeder does not have a CRP area. I'm on across the river from him and I do but it passed out of the program two years ago. Now I maintain it with my own funds.
    Hmmm, guess I don't get why your neighbor has an issue. They are the one putting their cows in harms way without any sort of deterrent. That is cougar country and cougar is just doing what cougars do - if it had thumbs I'm sure it would write a nice note to the cattle breeder thanking them for the feasts. Wouldn't be surprised if it drags chunks of meat up to the front door as it is...

The cows probably feel like 16YO Mormon girls at your typical ski town house party

Do your neighbors whine when they get ripped off after leaving their car unlocked with valuables in plain site in crime-ridden neighborhoods?

Dang - Spats beat me to the Farmer Reality Beatdown. I don't know about the Injuns in MT, but the Injuns here in Wisconsin are unified against the wolf slaughter. And I'm not talking as some dumb Lilly white Liberal in Madison - I'm visiting friends on the Rez as I type this. Wait - hold on - I'll ask them...

...yeah - they said take your dipshit redneck "culture" back to Europe where you came from.

Thumbs up

In the UK and Europe we have wiped out populations of key predator species, cos we are dumb fucks. In most countries they are extinct. Amazing relict species like the Iberian lynx face severe threats to their survival. In some countries lynx, wolf and bear ranges are increasing but it is mostly a story of extinction or continued persecution.

I used to be a hunt saboteur - http://www.huntsabs.org.uk/ - in the late 80s and early 90s but packed it in when the fighting, being arrested, and seeing pals having their skulls cracked got tired. It was good though and we had successes: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting_Act_2004

Jer, more power to your elbow bro.
    Gone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Hmmm, guess I don't get why your neighbor has an issue. They are the one putting their cows in harms way without any sort of deterrent. That is cougar country and cougar is just doing what cougars do - if it had thumbs I'm sure it would write a nice note to the cattle breeder thanking them for the feasts. Wouldn't be surprised if it drags chunks of meat up to the front door as it is...

The cows probably feel like 16YO Mormon girls at your typical ski town house party

Do your neighbors whine when they get ripped off after leaving their car unlocked with valuables in plain site in crime-ridden neighborhoods?

Perhaps we all need trade shoes and walk a mile.