Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That's right, because it isn't about whether or not he's having fun, it's about satisfying you.
    Good one bro. Poor kid has to suffer skiing on awesome gear and getting occasional tips from his stepdad on powder vacations his friends cannot even comprehend. Maybe I should leave him home so he can wait for his dad to (not) call. Yeah it is all about me. Internets wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    well, she is awesome. could stand to commit to the parallel turn, but that's about me, not her. we have fun, that's all I want.

this is her...

this is what she wants to do...
    She's almost got it. Still has a bit of Midwest in her style but that can be cured getting her upper body facing downhill.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    She's almost got it. Still has a bit of Midwest in her style...
    Funny.

I'd get the girl some mids (80 ish) that she can lay down an edge with and make sure they have tip rise for pow slaying. My stepson fell love with his Nordicas the first day.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 09-16-2014 at 02:24 AM.

They'll be fine. The Tantrum is really more of a 4-point than a 5-point since there's no significant tail taper or rocker. It's basically a smaller version of the TST (with a cap instead of sidewalls). If she struggles with them you can pick up a cheap pair of park or AM skis for groomer days. My girl was 10 last year and usually preferred her 143 Shiros over narrower options unless she was going to be in the park.

Nuts to put a 10 year old girl on Armada Tantrum 138's as everyday ski?

My 10 year old son has been on Armada Tantrum 147cm for a year now and he's shredding them in most conditions. He still likes the Volkl Gotama better for firm groomer days but the big ski is his mostly daily driver.

Putting Barons on them for spring.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So much hate.

100 does seem a bit wide. doable, but not needed.

Both my boys are on Mantra Jr. Wide enough for deep pow, narrow enough for carving hardpack. Plus some rocker for the pow ease.

Aside from the whole width/angulation equation, I think more in terms of needed floatation. How much float does a 80 pound kid really need? do they need waterskis or do they want more faceshots?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Good one bro. Poor kid has to suffer skiing on awesome gear and getting occasional tips from his stepdad on powder vacations his friends cannot even comprehend. Maybe I should leave him home so he can wait for his dad to (not) call. Yeah it is all about me. Internets wins again.

Ripped open and left for the crows to pick over.

/stepdadstruggles
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Have you looked at the praxis offerings?

Slightly narrower, traditional shape, seems like a great option as well. Some good deals in the small sizes right now.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    My 10 year old son has been on Armada Tantrum 147cm for a year now and he's shredding them in most conditions. He still likes the Volkl Gotama better for firm groomer days but the big ski is his mostly daily driver.

Putting Barons on them for spring.
    Glad to hear Owen is digging them. I sometimes kick myself for selling those to you. Makes it easier seeing the pics.

I posted this before, Granddaughter on her 7th birthday, skiing Moment Carson's 84 underfoot.Name:  Allisonpictoftheday.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  165.8 KB

This is like me on 225cm boards that are 150mm wide
    Plenty of stability and flotation
    NTTIAWT

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

. . .