Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    One look at my car, and you know I'm gnar...

one look at your car and I'm glad I live in the west where it is cold,steep, deep and only soccer moms cover their cars with stickers.

I love the Gnarcakes shredderz that spell out their entire wet dream in bumper sticker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Sticker guy should be badass...usually isn't. There should be a sticker that says, "Nobody cares that your rocket box in perfectly stickered in a "look at me, I'm a backcountry skier" way", but it would be false because lots of people do care.

Reminds me of a potential client I met with a rig looked like something a ski rep would have professionally done. It was extremely important to her that I was fully aware that she was on the inside with a certain boutique front range ski manufacturer. If I needed to fit in SIA, she'd be my stylist. Bitch couldn't ski but constantly had her hackles but defending her image. All about the name drop, TR drop, lingo drop.
    X 1 zillion in agreement. Fucking clowns. " change for a nickel " sure fire way to spot a kook with a motor mouth and a ball cap that says something ski guy at the bar later. Puke. go away.

Skied 21 days last winter and paid only $93 plus gas/beer/food. No $ spent on gear except to tune.

Split cost of two 2 fer tickets to Cannon and split the cost to drive up the Auto Road for turns on the first day of June. The other days turns were earned and free.

Didn't count the days guiding because although fun that's not skiing.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    3 with 4 but short term

64 days plus 4 BC lodge, would have been more but about 10 days on sleds . Next year sled+ski

spend? pass $750 , gas, skis $260, binding $300, skins ? $130
    You've come over to the dark side? We should try and get out again, assuming you don't mind digging me out instead of actually skiing.

As usual I don't fit the categories well,
    #3 + negative #6 (Weekday Warrior) + #8(Definitely a kook my ski skills are degrading along with the rest of my body...).
    Got about 20 days inbounds (self-employed no area weekends.) and 20 days backcountry. Felt like way too few days for such a snowy year but life gets in the way, plus I spent February in Colombia/Costa Rica and March recovering...
    Mostly spent yard sale money on ski gear, hardly worth counting but maybe $100 for soft-shell, skis and skins, plus maybe another $100 on ski shop tunes and mounting, mostly skied Eldora by bus using my EcoPass(free) plus maybe another $100 for gas. No stickers. Purchased Eldora Off Peak pass for $269. Have 3 full BC setups (boots/skis/bindings/skins) that I share with my son and friends. Guess I don't contribute much to ski economics..
    As always, next season will be better...

Hugh Conway Guest
    oh go suck a big fat colorado dick foggy dickbag. My days a year since I've posted here have been from 5-100+, the $ spent from a couple hundered to too many $k to count. And all of the profags can go eat big fat dicks, same with all of the locals, and all of the other assholes.

^I'm drunk too!

Kind of fun to look at the calendar. Cool stoke idea.
    No. 9 Insider
    101 Inbounds, 22 touring
    Oct: 4bc 0ib
    Nov: 2bc, 2ib
    Dec: 4bc, 23ib
    Jan: 3bc, 25ib
    Feb: 4bc, 22ib
    Mar: 1bc, 19ib (pneumonia that month)
    Apr: 0bc, 9ib
    May: 3bc, 0ib
    Jun: 1bc, 1ib

Spent just under $800 on skis and boots.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^I'm drunk too!
    well, at least two people are still old skool posters. It was bullshit in the good years, it's bullshit in the bad years, eat a bowl of dicks. Jesus, I'm supposed to get stoked over the number of inbounds versus bc days? I'm doing it all fucking wrong. I just try to get truly awesome memories, if it's just one. No wonder I don't fit into klan asshole.

^^^Its Colorado bro!!! All we've got is the biggest fattest dicks. Suck it.

I'm thinking about starting my winter beard.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Can you be a 2 and a 3? That is what I consider myself. Lifelong skier that lives nowhere near snow. It doesn't bother me much anymore, but I still consider skiing my favorite thing to do.

Last time I bought new skis was when some store in Missoula was on here advertising a blow out sale. I bought some Head Mojo's (the ones with the snake on them), and had them shipped to my friend's house in Bozeman. That must have been 2004 or 2005. Those skis have been money, and they look brand new, because they basically are.

I get out every 2 years now to SLC. My best bud from HS lives at the bottom of LCC, so it only costs me plane tix and lift tix at Costco. Probably about a $750-$1,000 trip every 2 years. I buy new gear every couple of trips. Goggles or helmet, or jacket, depending on what is breaking.

Sometimes I regret living in FL, but then I see buddies that live 20 min. from skiing, and don't ever get out. That would suck worse. When I am getting more days, or the same amount as those guys, something is wrong. Once their kids get older, that will change though.

Hugh Conway Guest
    ^^^Its Colorado bro!!! All we've got is the biggest fattest dicks. Suck it.
    everyone has a 14er that's a mile wide?

Or - you actually know someone's a person and you call them out and play asshole to boost your e-cred? That's the Colorado way, and that's what you chose foggy dickbag. Hope you break a leg. Maybe you could go into the whiteroom with all the other ex shitstains.

I'm passionate enough about skiing to ski 70 days in a miserable Tahoe season, buy a new pair of skis I didn't need, do two out of town trips, and to have retired early to a ski town. I'm smart enough to know I ski like shit. I'm lucky enough to have friends who don't care how well i ski

this has been entertaining. turned into a stereotypical #6 since joining the real world. ~25 days, closer to 35 if its duping around xmas as i get a couple weeks off around that time; hasn't panned out well the last few years. grad school wont help the cause this year.

skiing is decent for a big unathletic fuck; i just try to stay healthy and ski another day. gear is ahead of most but not on par w/ the tech talk taints. the trend has been $1k on gear/passes and $1k on gas the last few years.

long term plan is to make some career moves then end up somewhere where i can ski where i want to in < 45 min. ~2hr commutes to battle weekend lines is turning me more fair-weather by the year.

hoping season #20 for me is as good as those that have passed.

what's the best way to remove stickers? The indie kind has special glue I think

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    what's the best way to remove stickers? The indie kind has special glue I think
    Summer's Eve Winter Fresh.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I actually took a break. After multiple 60-70 day a year seasons.

Spent not a day on snow last year. Not really planning on it this year either.

Burnt out, tired of being injured. Enjoying other things in life.

Am moving in a few months to somewhere much warmer with great surf. Planning on getting into surfing, and may plan a cat skiing trip or two the year after.

I probably got 60 or so days last year. Too much resort. Not enough backcountry. It felt good to be back in the mountains this year, but it was a weak snow year and my knee felt kind of fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Summer's Eve Winter Fresh.
    would be pretty sweet to get a summer's eve die cut

I got 85+/- lift served days last year. Most of those days involving multiple sidecountry laps.
    Maybe another 12 days of pure backcountry touring and a couple days of cat skiing.
    I spent like $325? total. I pro-formed a new helmet, a midlayer vest, and some poles.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Been a fun read ! I'm a painter in the summer and the rest of the year I'm chasing the dream .
    I got out 70+days broke two boards , I spend what ever it takes to get me there !
    To rate my self "plane snow junkie "

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    I'm thinking about starting my winter beard.
    By the time it snows people will think you're a terrorist haha

15-20 lift and 10 touring days . Injured knee playing hoops and spent time in a warmer climate . By the time the knee healed in the spring I got slammed at work. Probably the least I've skied in a decade. Also the least amount of doe I've spent. $800 ski pass and gas. I have gear out the ass and did not need to buy anything this year.
    Last edited by Ski to Be; 09-06-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Sticker guy should be badass...usually isn't. There should be a sticker that says, "Nobody cares that your rocket box in perfectly stickered in a "look at me, I'm a backcountry skier" way", but it would be false because lots of people do care.

Reminds me of a potential client I met with a rig looked like something a ski rep would have professionally done. It was extremely important to her that I was fully aware that she was on the inside with a certain boutique front range ski manufacturer. If I needed to fit in SIA, she'd be my stylist. Bitch couldn't ski but constantly had her hackles but defending her image. All about the name drop, TR drop, lingo drop.
    Spot on. The whole concept of stickering up is idiotic. There is zero stickers on my car. I have a nice car and slapping tons of stickers on it would just be silly. It's like doing free advertising for others, and at the same time make your self look like a high school fool. Nothing wrong with being in high school, but you get my point. The best skiers I know, tend to be very humble guys and girls.