Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    2 winters ago in chamonix a guy I know thats one of the heavy hitters in the bad boy club there told me,,,,,,,,it doesnt matter what you did yesterday and it doesnt matter what you did today, all that matters is what you are doing tomorrow.

31 days at 14 mountains...
    Baker, Stevens, Alpental, Mission Ridge, Crystal, Bridger Bowl, Big Sky, Schweitzer, Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Snow Basin, Red Mountain, and Whitewater.

I spent a motherfracking fortune... 2 season passes to Stevens and Alpental ~$1100, I skied Brighton, Snow Basin, Crystal, Big Sky, Bridger, Schweitzer and a day at Mission for free... I paid for all the other lift tickets.... as well as airfare to Utah, and a bag for my skis to transport them to Utah, and a rental SUV in Utah...a new pair of Intuition boot wraps ~$250... multiple nights of lodging (some of which I used accrued hotel points for, and a new backpack ~$70 (half off)... a pair of poles after snapping one in half... and couple of coats... about 4 pairs of socks... a TON of gas... three pairs of bindings for my three pairs of skis (had to replace a shitty pair of Head bindings on my Automatics that I kept popping out of)... two pairs of skis, USED Blizzard Cochise 193 $250... New Atomic Rituals 190 $450... Annnnnnnd.. a couple new lenses for my Smith IOX... Food.... Drinks... Grand total = ONE PISSED OFF GIRLFRIEND!

90 inbound days. 50 bc days. 10 mixed days. basically a mix between 3, 6, 7 and 9. Most days are from 9. Own too many skis...5 pair = 1 alpine, 1 duke, 1 skinny dynafit, 1 fatter dynafit, 1 tele.

I'm a 7 in my own mind. I ski 30-40 days a year. Half week at Taos or Wolf Creek when visiting family in ABQ around Christmas. A week or two visiting family in the Dolomites in Feb and or Arpil. That's the key for me- turning family visits into quality ski days. Otherwise I couldn't afford the time or the airfare without pissing off a whole bunch of people I care about.

I do one extended East coast BC trip a year, a hand full of weekends and "sick days" in NY, VT, NH. I probably buy 7-10 lift tickets a year, and tour the rest. I've been lucky to have couches to crash on and friends who hook me up with an occasional free lift ticket, including several generous folks I met here. I buy and sell a fair amount of used gear, but don't spend that much money, in part because I don't have room to store much gear.

Getting out to tour on an icy bump in the Catskills can be a beautiful escape, especially when I've been stuck in the city for a couple weeks, but for the most part I don't make the drive unless skiing is good. In years when good weather and snow matches my schedule, I get more days. Staying reasonably fit, and being ready to drive 12 hours round trip when time is right has let me have my best ski years while working in Brooklyn.

That said, I'm jealous of all of you who spend more than an 8th of your year in beautiful, high places. I've good reason for living where I do, but every time I fly home from a place like this, I wonder what the fuck is wrong with me:

(That's my 66-year-old mom in the Puez Odle).

ISBD, you're a 10 in my mind. No homo. Cough!

this thread is full-on dick-swinging retarded. go skiing and shut the fuck up about it.

I'm a 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I ski 60-70 days at squaw, another 30 backcountry.

this year, not so much snow, so a lot of my resort days were 2-3 hours (and on groomers).

pass is 800, I buy a couple of pairs of skis every other year.

plus skiing expenses my wife, and one of the two kids, the other one starting soon.

so altogether, about $8,000 a year.

I live in squaw.
    Am I forgetting anything?

Hugh Conway Guest
    you only mentioned squaw thrice. to me a true mountain person you need to mention it at least 10 times. Bonus points if you call yourself an "insider" a "lifer" or a "soul" skier.

I'm 6/7. Get in about ~40 days a year skiing on weekends and school breaks. About 90% inbounds-although this year I got some skins/at adapters so am looking to bump that number up. One march break trip every year to somewhere out west, and one family day weekend trip to vermont.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Hugh Conway Guest
    FOGGY FUCKING GOGGLES KNOWS YOU SUCK GAY4PAY! OWNIT! A TRANSPLANT CARPENTER IN COLORADO IS CALLING YOU OUT BECAUSE YOU AREN'T A GOOD ENOUGH SKIIER! OWN IT! JUST BE GLAD IT ISN'T RYAN CUNTFEE! BECAUSE THIS TGR SHIT ISN'T FREE!

Be honest. Well last winter was good in CO, skied ten days before all hallowed eve. Of course that was ten days straight of skiing. Skied 5 days in Telluride, free tickets because I know a lot of folks. Meat of the season was 100+ days skiing the 'backcountry', because it's so very close and easy access from the casa. One week skiing at the Sorcerer lodge in B.C. And two weeks in Cham. Spent five grand on the two trips. Good season.

100+ days a year mainly in the Aspen area

Pass is included with work.
    $600 on gear/year
    Took one roadtrip to Jackson last year and used the Mountain Collective discount.
    Usually take one big trip a year - honeymoon in AK/Whistler last year. Cost varies.
    I used to do a lot more roadtrips, but skiing here requires so little effort and gas is too expensive.

35 days in Idaho, resort conditions, etc. Scored a season pass to Bogus for free, bought a $199 pass to Tamarack.

Spent probably $1,000 on getting two used pairs of skis, bindings, avvy gear.

Did 5 days of bc touring in ID, 1 resort day at Mt. Hood Timberline.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Bonus points if you call yourself a "soul" skier.
    i kindsa miss the blurry 11 skier of soul
    but the whole frycook $15 minimum wage fight needed to be fought by the best
    did he win
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    FOGGY FUCKING GOGGLES KNOWS YOU SUCK GAY4PAY! OWNIT! A TRANSPLANT CARPENTER IN COLORADO IS CALLING YOU OUT BECAUSE YOU AREN'T A GOOD ENOUGH SKIIER! OWN IT! JUST BE GLAD IT ISN'T RYAN CUNTFEE! BECAUSE THIS TGR SHIT ISN'T FREE!
    You know what would be cool? It would be pretty cool if HC had a forum - skiing, fishing, rating Thai bordellos, doesn't matter. But I'd totally sign up.

^Agreed. Hugh brings a special something. Half the time, he's right, too.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    this thread is full-on dick-swinging retarded. go skiing and shut the fuck up about it.

I'm a 15
    On or off piste?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

did he win
    Yes, he won.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Got about 80 days at Blackcomb and 10 in Jackson Hole. Sendin it brah!

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    go skiing and shut the fuck up about it. I'm a 15
    ^^ hard to top that

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Reveal yourself mortal
    Ha,ha. Ok. I have a pretty good beat on the system! I'm 32 but I went back to school and I'm a junior right now. I work at night to pay the bills, plan my classes solely around the purpose of snowplay, and sleep in the off-season. Hit me up if you ever want to hitch a ride.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

(That's my 66-year-old mom in the Puez Odle).
    Just came back to say love this pic!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    On or off piste?
    I guess I'm a 30 than

Edit: fingerstache.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I'm a 227
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Clearly I am a 229