Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    ^right on Mud! It's so cool to see the stuff sealife that would otherwise be out of view.

I'm glad to have gotten my cert. I've used it in some cool places since I made this post back in the day- I did a drysuit dive between tectonic plates in Iceland, I did some open water diving with seals in South Africa where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet (crazy temperature swings) and I also dove in the caribbean.

Nothing has been better than the reef diving that I experienced in Fiji back in 2014. I really hope those reefs haven't been bleached out.

There were only three of us in my class in Fiji back in the day- just me and a honeymoon couple from Melbourne. They invited me to third wheel their dinners that week and we ended up becoming pretty good friends. I visited them in Melbourne a couple years later.

Folks I learned to drive from were more about carrying trauma shears than a knife. A danger here in the deep murky is steel leaders on fishing line.

I’ve tied enough steel leaders to hopefully have the peace of mind to just bend it back and forth until it snaps. Still need to get something, that’s the last piece of safety gear I need.

utila used to be the cheapest place in the western hemisphere to certify

I had open water & advanced open water in 15 dives probably something to do with the money I was handing the surly dutch dive school owner who no longer even did any divivng

my son recently got the cert on a Lombok dive boat, it sounded kind of high end
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's cheaper than learning to be a pilot, probably not when including bar tabs.