Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Snow is shaping up in the Pass went for a fitness hike on Sunday and actually scored some good turns. Vis was crap and the hike was creek land mine central. The ski out was pretty sporty and the skins took a crap kicking but no base damage!

Here is a little clip http://instagram.com/p/vMtr4AsTvn/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogerspassCcreak-1.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	160161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogerpassCcreak-2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	964.0 KB 
ID:	160162

Was up at the Asulkan Hut Saturday to Monday. On the way in put skis on after 90 minutes hiking (had to take them off again a few times) - others put them on either just above the mousetrap or at the bottom of the tree triangle. The new snow was very welcome - plenty of faceshots below the hut. Skiing by braille above the hut. Skied down to the end of the rail grade, although had to take them off a few times for rocky or bare wet sections. If it stays dry it won't take a lot of traffic for much of the trail to be unskiable again. Rock skis recommended!

Found an Atomic Tour Carve with a broken tip and a missing Fritschi heelpiece above the hut. Looked like the result of a nasty fall :-(
    Last edited by nickinbc; 11-11-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Good work lads. Beta's been hard to come by. Mcr report has been thin. Emphasis on thin. Any annual early season comparative coverage pics like last yr Nic?

Word is about 100cms at TL around revelstoke. Sounds like there skiing out there if you don't mind going through all that shot lower down. Hopefully this high pressure fucks off earlier than the forecast suggests.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Definitely. Just a couple top to bottom dumps and good to go. Ride the bike for a couple more weeks. Itchin though

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good work lads. Beta's been hard to come by. Mcr report has been thin. Emphasis on thin. Any annual early season comparative coverage pics like last yr Nic?
    Should have stayed up an extra day to enjoy some visibility. From what I could see there were plenty of open slots. Before the new snow that was certainly the least snow I've seen at this time of year, except perhaps high on the glacier above the Nov 6th rain line.

There was 100-120cm at 2300m w/ 30cms of new from the storm Saturday. Really noticeable line at around 1800m where it gets deeper very quick. Saw a few cars in the Visitor centre parking lot yesterday on my way through to golden looked like better vis. It would have really sucked to get up higher through the normal uptracks in Connaught. But I am sure Video would have been VERY good yesterday and today.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Should have stayed up an extra day to enjoy some visibility. From what I could see there were plenty of open slots. Before the new snow that was certainly the least snow I've seen at this time of year, except perhaps high on the glacier above the Nov 6th rain line.
    ya eh. might be one of those yrs. it was extra thin last yr to start. sounds like it was good turns regardless

Quote Originally Posted by powdergangsters View Post
    There was 100-120cm at 2300m w/ 30cms of new from the storm Saturday. Really noticeable line at around 1800m where it gets deeper very quick. Saw a few cars in the Visitor centre parking lot yesterday on my way through to golden looked like better vis. It would have really sucked to get up higher through the normal uptracks in Connaught. But I am sure Video would have been VERY good yesterday and today.
    thought that's the area your pics/vid was from. a friend said quite a few cars at asulkan parking today

Video peak looked okay....I guess . I think il take my sled out this weekend and get as high as I can then . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1415756038.694189.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	385.7 KB 
ID:	160193
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Went up frisby yesterday. drove about 7 km then unloaded the sleds. Good coverage and access is sporty but once you're there things are great right now. Super supportive base with about 20cms of low density pow. There's about 95cms up there and one huge mother of a rain crust , like 20cms huge . Going to be problematic the next storm cycle. Was nice being up there, great for sledding , skied a few laps and enjoyed the sun. Few days left in this high pressure , enjoy the last few days of vitamin D.

Name:	sledhalla.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	625.4 KB 
ID:	160454

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416107318.104266.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	160455

IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416107318.104266.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	160455[/QUOTE]
    [/IMG]

noice

this week looks promising. its time by the fack by

Moving pictures update .

http://youtu.be/0Y94wtlL0gc

There's that rockies work ethic Kyle, haha. I believe the people of this thread wait until the rocks are covered, a foreign concept to you or I.

I'm in Kamloops for a good chunk of the winter. Anyone else nearby? Where does one go to make turns that are not of the resort variety around here? The Gorge? Coquihalla Summit?

Both! Coquihalla is only 1.5 hrs from Kamloops. Lots of options there. Gorge you need a sled a little longer to get to but less busy.

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    There's that rockies work ethic Kyle, haha. I believe the people of this thread wait until the rocks are covered, a foreign concept to you or I.

I'm in Kamloops for a good chunk of the winter. Anyone else nearby? Where does one go to make turns that are not of the resort variety around here? The Gorge? Coquihalla Summit?
    Matt we can hook up at the gorge ! got a few sled friends now . can hook you up with a tow !

Thought I'd ask the mags: how hard is it to survive car less around Golden & KH? I understand there is no more shuttle/transit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Matt we can hook up at the gorge ! got a few sled friends now . can hook you up with a tow !
    Awww yeah! I'll be through/around revy and the pass quite a bit this winter as well so we'll definitely have to get some turns!

Quote Originally Posted by auxym View Post
    Thought I'd ask the mags: how hard is it to survive car less around Golden & KH? I understand there is no more shuttle/transit?
    You need the Cnd Rockies thread.

WTF happened to the snow? At least the surf was good in Maui the past 10 days.

Looks like a good dump for the monashees starting tonight through sunday.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    You need the Cnd Rockies thread.
    Shucks, forgive this east coast jong.

Its winter on the Trans-Canada. Watch out for idiot transport drivers crossing the centreline.

don't worry auxym ... you were rite to start with. KH is not in the rockies and should be in the interior thread ...

but we be crazy like that ...

you can always hitcha ride to the hill, just walk past sobeys and some one will pick u up ...

but not me, been a few years since i rode the hill ...

edit ... its iga now ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Its winter on the Trans-Canada. Watch out for idiot transport drivers crossing the centreline.

I've only been to the interior twice, but I've seen at least two scenes like this there. Is this just standard fare?

Pretty much. Missed it by about 3 hrs. Starting to stick to the road again now. Hope there's not a repeat till I'm outta here. Skiing should be a bit easier to get to at the pass now or. Atleast after this

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1416667741.892170.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	160675

Hype!!