Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    You'd sure want snow tires tonight.....https://twitter.com/BC1/status/55190...495553/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I wonder how wet and heavy the snow is going to be overnight.
    snow is coming down in sheets right now and still nice and fluffy!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    freezing level is supposed to be reasonable through tomorrow, it was cold and windy up there today, definitely got better as the day went on. massive wind transport in the alpine, new snow was very slabby and very reactive.

Well I hope everyone enjoyed how quiet the hill was this afternoon with all the pow, and didn't wait for the crap tomorrow.

Looks like a whole shitload of elephant snot for the morning as its above freezing right now at Pig Alley and hovering right at 0' at the Roundhouse with the inversion tonight.

Could be a long morning for control with such heavy snow/mid mountain smoo
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

2014/2015 Whistler Blackcomb - South Coast - Duffey Lake Thread

In continuing the thread drift, wife observed a sign at the car rental agencies in the Kamloops airport. It said "winter tires are available upon request" (I am assuming they meant real winter rubber and not just M&S). Seriously? I can understand at YVR, but in 'loops? You'd think proper winter tread would be standard for a rental in the interior, especially since I'd bet those all seasons have 1/2 or less tread left.

Just went out and rode a lap of our street in Bayshores as it was still knee deep on the walk home. On the walk back up it was raining.

Days like today make me wish more than ever that I was still in the interior
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Well I hope everyone enjoyed how quiet the hill was this afternoon with all the pow, and didn't wait for the crap tomorrow.

Looks like a whole shitload of elephant snot for the morning as its above freezing right now at Pig Alley and hovering right at 0' at the Roundhouse with the inversion tonight.

Could be a long morning for control with such heavy snow/mid mountain smoo
    none of that matters on one of these...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by BCMountainHound View Post
    In continuing the thread drift, wife observed a sign at the car rental agencies in the Kamloops airport. It said "winter tires are available upon request" (I am assuming they meant real winter rubber and not just M&S). Seriously? I can understand at YVR, but in 'loops? You'd think proper winter tread would be standard for a rental in the interior, especially since I'd bet those all seasons have 1/2 or less tread left.
    Rental cars with proper winter tires are available from most agencies across BC. Our sales reps book them for road trips. They are in short supply so don't expect one when you just walk up to the random rental desk.

What a shit show the drive was Sunday night.

I suggest a new relocation program. Bag and Tag every person that got stuck on the highway and relocate them to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've never been to Whistler, but Mrs. C. and I are going in Feb., driving up from Seattle. Do we need a 4WD rental, or are the roads generally sufficiently cleared that I can get by with a 2WD? (and along those lines, are there chain checkpoints that would stop us in a 2WD rental anyway?)
    Rent something with AWD.

AWD with all season tires won't leave you stuck on the highway or the parking lot.

98% chance it will be clear for your drive up and down, but if it does snow down to sea level at least you won't be the tourist holding up thousands of people.

Damn you Blackcomb Harmony chair, you cost many of us a good lap this morning.
    But those first laps were sweeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    Damn you Blackcomb Harmony chair, you cost many of us a good lap this morning.
    But those first laps were sweeeet!
    Uh you mean Whistler?

Whistler alpine still closed, Blackcomb full open. Looks like a ghost town on the webcams.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Uh you mean Whistler?
    Crystal. Sensor or something kept tripping every 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    Crystal. Sensor or something kept tripping every 15 seconds.
    Ah, didn't even think of that. Kinda forget that our new Crystal chair is Whistler's cast off.

The Whistler God's did smote me this morning for betraying them for Blackcomb...I was in that damn Crystal line

Drove back from Calgary yesterday towing a trailer and sled., decided to forgo my usual lilloet to Whistler route figuring highway 5 would at least get more attention, but Kamloops to Merrit was frightening, no visibility and ice covered road, still ugly from there until Hope then 2 hours to get from Vancouver to Whistler , I bet it was 3 + hours going the other way with cars abandoned on every hill. Yesterday was one of those times where Four wheel drive and full on winter tires were required.

The Whistler Goddesses did smote me this morning for betraying them for Blackcomb...I was in that damn Crystal line
    fify
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smote

Duffey temps are just at subzero at Cayoosh Pass. Rogers Pass - 11 deg C !!

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Drove back from Calgary yesterday towing a trailer and sled., decided to forgo my usual lilloet to Whistler route figuring highway 5 would at least get more attention, but Kamloops to Merrit was frightening, no visibility and ice covered road, still ugly from there until Hope then 2 hours to get from Vancouver to Whistler , I bet it was 3 + hours going the other way with cars abandoned on every hill. Yesterday was one of those times where Four wheel drive and full on winter tires were required.
    Just over 5 hours from Lot 8 to Upper Lonsdale in North Van. It's usually an hour and a half.

Just over 5 hours from Lot 8 to Upper Lonsdale in North Van. It's usually an hour and a half.
    god I love living less than 5 minutes from creekside....5 with shitshow traffic

Man, that makes the usually 2 hour turned 3 hour drive home yesterday from Stevens Pass back to North Seattle seem like a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Duffey temps are just at subzero at Cayoosh Pass. Rogers Pass - 11 deg C !!
    Where can I get my Guide Book?

god I love living less than 5 minutes from creekside....5 with shitshow traffic
    15 mins to walk from White Gold. But I'm proletariat

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Where can I get my Guide Book?
    Now Selling! In Revy stores!

- 7 at Sol Mountain in the Monashees! But temps forecasted to spike tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

- 7 at Sol Mountain in the Monashees! But temps forecasted to spike tomorrow.
    Go 1 more range further east. Think I will be heading that way in a couple days. Once you are east of Revy its not a matter of freezing levels, its a matter of cold or really f#n cold.

Crystal was such a gong show today with the stopping and starting, 3 people max per chair. Still managed a few good runs tho, before it all turned to cement. Sunday was the better day for sure. Spankies was getting pretty deep towards the end of the day.

It's good to finally get some natural snow down low. Hopefully it survives the week.

I-70 eat your heart out. Yikes.