Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Snowy March would be amazing and past the time of seasonal hordes. The biking has been so good I haven't even been stressing about the skiing, silly fun day in Roberts Creek yesterday

Westside trails are probably in better shape than they will be in summer, pura Vida danimal North, peice of cake, a la mode, 3 birds, ACDC this morning was awesome!

got myself a nice fix out in Golden... nice skiing above 2300m, so you need a sled or heli to make it happen!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Westside trails are probably in better shape than they will be in summer, pura Vida danimal North, peice of cake, a la mode, 3 birds, ACDC this morning was awesome!
    big time! a bit of west and south side from last weekend

Damn...nice photos P11. Wish I was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

From last week. Great steep skiing conditions, dust on super-edgeable crust.

Wow. Great shot!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Damn...nice photos P11. Wish I was there.
    I will be heading back again this week... a bunch of Whistler people will be lurking about too. Probably one of few places left with decent conditions in the province. You should make the drive up the trench with your sled!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I will be heading back again this week... a bunch of Whistler people will be lurking about too. Probably one of few places left with decent conditions in the province. You should make the drive up the trench with your sled!
    So last year.

Its all about " shit f*ck condtions" now a days. And those conditions are getting good with last nights 2cm dump!

Besides I now get 50% off meals on hill!

Well, march madness started with an absolute bang. 2cms

So how are conditions inbounds overall? I realize with virtually no new snow in recent memory things aren't going to be great, but is coverage holding up in the alpine?

Groomers are good. Managed a couple of good turns in some wind blown snow yesterday, before clattering through the corral

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    So how are conditions inbounds overall? I realize with virtually no new snow in recent memory things aren't going to be great, but is coverage holding up in the alpine?
    Things are skiing better then they were, At least now most places are edgable. Coverage is good. Ive been skiing Spankys all week and even got face shots yesterday thanks to the strong winds and drifting in Saphire Bowl.

I'll be coming up from Seattle with my annual crew on Wednesday next week and it looks like the next system could be promising in the alpine. Any Whistler mags have any guest passes or b1g1 free passes they are looking to unload? I've bought from various mags most years I've come up. Can meet at Husky or the on Wednesday morning. Need at least 4 days. Looking to spend $70 or less per day. Let me know what you got so I can help you out.

Spent yesterday ripping runs down to Creekside as they were blowing snow on it all day. It was surprisingly good, West Bowl on the other hand was not.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Spent yesterday ripping runs down to Creekside as they were blowing snow on it all day.
    They better be getting that snow down now when they can. Looks like this weekend is going to be a warm one!

And the award for Bullshit Marketing Doublespeak goes to ... Cypress Mountain, for this line in the breathless announcement that they managed to make enough snow to reopen:

"We'll continue to make snow with the Guns aimed high right until opening - the finish will be a layer of soft powder snow on top of soft groomed powder - great carving today!"

Bullshit or not, I welcome man made winter back to Vancouver. lets smash some rocks and slush and such

22cm on Wednesday woot woot and more in the forecast. Its about fucking time

Where is that forecast? Everything I see says soaring freezing levels again. Would love to be wrong but.....

Im new to the forums so i cant post links but look at snow-forecast.com and the official whistler site.
    Accuweather is the same as well. All of this is in the high alpine though due to the high freezing levels

Quote Originally Posted by PowdaHound1997 View Post
    Im new to the forums so i cant post links but look at snow-forecast.com and the official whistler site.
    Accuweather is the same as well. All of this is in the high alpine though due to the high freezing levels
    Looks like alpine will get some wet snow with rain just above roundhouse/mid-mountain. Hopefully the storm comes in a bit colder than the current forecast. I'm coming up for Wednesday, so I have my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looks like alpine will get some wet snow with rain just above roundhouse/mid-mountain. Hopefully the storm comes in a bit colder than the current forecast. I'm coming up for Wednesday, so I have my fingers crossed.
    I'm coming up for 10 days on the 15th, so i'm hoping for a solid late march

Ah SnowGuess.com.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Ah SnowGuess.com.
    We will see soon enough