Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Anything up super high was actually pretty decent yesterday. Yeah.. Noticed the fast sloughing too.
    Anything lower than about 1900m suuuuuucked.

Long term forecast calling for some great biking and maybe a little surf.

RIP winter 2015

Husume upper ramp was all time today! Progessively shittier as I descended into the chute, but what can u do? Switzerland!?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Been gone for a little over a week, holy shit it looks like April, brought my truck back with sled deck so I could get into places you can't take a trailer, maybe should have just brought the bikes instead?

I actually thought you'd be bringing bikes too. Could put them on the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Husume upper ramp was all time today!
    From the 4cm a week ago? All time.

Since conditions are superb... anyone have any lift tickets they want to let go for cheap? Have a friend from out of town here heading up, and I wouldn't mind stretching the legs. Pretty hard to justify regular cost...

Just need a single 1-dayer, though 2 days would be even better.

Skied 9th hole on Decker on Monday Feb 16th. Skin track up Decker was a little sporty but made much easier with crampons. Snow conditions were nice in the 9th. Powdery ankle deep turns without much refrozen stuff.
    Spearhead glacier was also quite nice. Not sure of the name of the long line lookers right of Cham Chutes, but that was quite bone rattling as the sun never really came out to soften anything up. Would be awesome after some warming.
    My 2 cents!

I thought skiing in the interior over xmas was OK conditions.
    I look back and it was epic compared to the crappy conditions we have now.
    Not a single day skied at WB this year
    RIP ski season 14/15
    [B]Safety third.......

Quote Originally Posted by SquamptonBC View Post
    From the 4cm a week ago? All time.
    Its called sarcasm dumbass
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

And now it's called irony

Pow 11 is still all wound up even after a family vacation. Take a chill pill bro or the purple one.

Thanks doubleject...

Another recent summary of the area, can't embed from phone:

http://youtu.be/v9AFhGsYyTk

Short/Mid-term climate forecast released; remaining months in the west are hot (not warm) and dry. Seeya next year.

Get ready for #miraclemarch

Short/Mid-term climate forecast released; remaining months in the west are hot (not warm) and dry. Seeya next year.
    Exact opposite of what it was showing yesterday. Calm down.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

MARCH MADNESS EVERYBODY

Is that when people actually snap and go mad?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Pow 11 is still all wound up even after a family vacation. Take a chill pill bro or the purple one.
    Im like a junky going cold turkey. Ski toured out to Fissile the other day just to get out of the house. It was the skier equivilant of a crack head on their hands and knees sniffing around in the carpet looking for some powder that may or may not be there. Hahaha

Im like a junky going cold turkey. Ski toured out to Fissile the other day just to get out of the house. It was the skier equivilant of a crack head on their hands and knees sniffing around in the carpet looking for some powder that may or may not be there. Hahaha
    I hear you!

I am heading up the Hurley on saturday with the sled just to get out. Fully expect to be running with the scratchers down the entire time, want to go shred some packed ice?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I am heading up the Hurley on saturday with the sled just to get out. Fully expect to be running with the scratchers down the entire time, want to go shred some packed ice?
    Went to Tofino to surf and eat fish. Back on Tuesday. Would love to go out anytime after that.

Hurly sled report says to be prepared to have your arms ripped out of your sockets because they are done grooming.... Parking at 19km. Active logging.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 02-20-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Yeh, just read that, rethinking and may try Brandywine, although that doesn't really sound any better, and the last time I was out on it, the whoops were just as bad. But they say they are still grooming, so who knows. Or maybe I will just go ski, although the freezing level is supposed to drop big time, so the spring snow is going to set up again. So many choices of bad.... Anywhere I can demo bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Went to Tofino to surf and eat fish. Back on Tuesday. Would love to go out anytime after that.

Hurly sled report says to be prepared to have your arms ripped out of your sockets because they are done grooming.... Parking at 19km. Active logging.
    Didn't get out, was putting an air spring kit in the Tacoma and that took up most of the day, but at least now it isn't on the bump stops with the sled in the back. Dropped the sled off for some work and Won't have it back until Friday. Then Saturday have to watch the wife race in the P2C , but would be good to get out on Sunday. Looks like there may even be some snow coming by then.

A friend told me the Hurley was a soul crushing experience not worth repeating.

On another note, no snow to the top of Pura Vida...

Forecasts starting to look cool and snowy around mar 3rd and on. Fingers crossed!