Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Freel from yesterday, the gully between Freel and the subpeak to the left would be good after a little refresher for the truly motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolingham View Post
    Thinking about camping the hot springs Thursday and Friday nights next weekend and hitting Heavenly and Kirkwood opening days. Any one interested? It shouldn't be horrific to camp and one of the last early winter weekends that isn't going to be "winter camping". Plus there are hot springs.
    I think I might be up for the wood opening day.

Especially if this system(s) produce. I'm glad I'm mentioning it/jinxing it.

boo 6pm gfs, boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    boo 6pm gfs, boo.
    If you don't talk about it, maybe it'll go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I prefer to wave my magic wand.

I always heard silence = death.

Surf is pumping.

so i've been out of the loop wandering around the southwest skiing on things other than snow. kirkwood has done away with their webcam live stream in favor of still shots like all the other vail resorts. the new view is of the base of 10 and 1 from over near red cliffs.
    http://www.kirkwood.com/mountain/web-cams.aspx
    what is the new building at the bottom of 10?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

wake and bake? that is monte wolfs/the lodge. you can't see the base of 10. Just 1, and a bit of 11.

why don't you drive up and check it out for your self. and test that snow.

Yeah it's pretty clear now. There was some water on the lens this morning so I couldn't see the upper floors. Yeah, that's what it was, water dropletz. and speaking of monte wolf, it now appears to be bare.

Not to worry. Vailwood posted this more that it was important to soak the mountain first before skiing on it. I mean, remember in 2012 all that early season fluff. That stuff sucked (it kept blowing in my face every damn turn) until it rained just before Thanksgiving and finally allowed that stuff to settle and firm up. And the rest of that year was pretty epic in the amount of sunshine we received.

Bet the MTB will be good this weekend.

^^ Yep. This could be the best MTB weekend in the bay area since April. I still have the storage wax on all of my skis... hoping this potential wave of storms from the 19 - 23rd is enough motivation to finally pull them down and scrape.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Yep. This could be the best MTB weekend in the bay area since April. I still have the storage wax on all of my skis... hoping this potential wave of storms from the 19 - 23rd is enough motivation to finally pull them down and scrape.
    I still have storage wax on mine too, but more because I'm lazy and the snow wasn't hard enough to scrape it off.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Bet the MTB will be good this weekend.
    sadly, my steed is continuuing on the trip to boston in the bumble beast along with most of my climbing gear. i do stihl have my chain saw and maul so i'll be lumberjacking away til i can't no more. any tahoe mags need firewood? i got lodgepole all ready to go for $200/cord. you pick it up. discounts for more, anti-discounts for less.

Powdork - gimme a call tomorrow for that thang.

I'm a newb to Tahoe. I just moved to the area and I will be a weekend warrior but I am not afraid of long walks in the woods. AIARE level I and II certified. Squaw/Apline passs. Yes I know this should be in the "Hook Up" forum. Looking forward to meeting some of the Tahoe folks.
    Last edited by ski_faster; 11-14-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post
    I'm a newb to Tahoe. I just moved to the area and I will be a weekend warrior but I am not afraid of long walks in the woods. AIARE level I and II certified plus. Squaw/Apline passs. Yes I know this should be in the "Hook Up" forum. Looking forward to meeting some of the Tahoe folks.
    Welcome to Tahoe. I hope you are bringing some of that Idaho quality snow with you. Looking forward to making some turns with you again.

Large flock of tundra swans just arrived from the north slope of Alaska near the west end of Donner Lake--probably be here for a few days before they head south.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post
    I'm a newb to Tahoe. I just moved to the area and I will be a weekend warrior but I am not afraid of long walks in the woods. AIARE level I and II certified. Squaw/Apline passs. Yes I know this should be in the "Hook Up" forum. Looking forward to meeting some of the Tahoe folks.
    Nice! So I can now sell you skis in person instead of shipping them to Idaho?

Where did you move to?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    I think I might be up for the wood opening day.

Especially if this system(s) produce. I'm glad I'm mentioning it/jinxing it.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in hitting a run together. I am thinking Mardi Gras Beads this opening day.

Unless we get a solid delivery of goods, you should not have a problem finding each other on race course or whatever Vail is calling it these days.

photos of Coon Canyon off Castle Peak 2 weeks ago Nov 1-2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	160397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	160398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0611.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	160399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	160400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg 
Views:	200 
ID:	160401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg 
Views:	201 
ID:	160402

Video from Coon Canyon, Castle Peak Nov 2

holy shit that looked awesome!

Bravo Skiwald. Thanks for the stoke. I'm impressed how far down you dared to descend, but coverage looks a damn sight better than when I was there two weeks ago. Some good stoke to offset the bikesterbation.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Yes we can meet a Kirkwood or Squaw and drop off skis next time. We moved to Roseville. I have never skied in Tahoe so this will be fun. All new terrain.