Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2628
    WestCoastPDR Guest
    Lassen looks to be on the cold side of the storm. Still heavy snow but it's tempting to head up that way and poke around.

it might be a good time this weekend to watch the big event at a foothill river crossing

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    it might be a good time this weekend to watch the big event at a foothill river crossing
    maybe something like this from 1997:

Hwy 193 bridge at Chili Bar

source: http://www.coloma.com/flood/

There's not enough snowpack good that.

hey people, visiting some old friends this weekend in tahoe, sad about the weather conditions, but them the breaks i guess.

seeing that skiing is likely off the table:

quick questions, i kind of need exercise everyday; will be staying in truckee area 1) is there a good spot to go running along the lake? i dont mind driving or wet feet. 2) i have a winter wetsuit and all that fun stuff, is there a place to rent surf boards if the wind picks up? i havent really looked into surfing the lake at all, and im not even sure if its feasible with this particular storm, google only led me to SUP rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Did this during last February's (same weekend, funny enough) AR event:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ic-River-Event

That Monday was pretty good, as I'm sure you recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So... if you have to pick one day... I'm thinking it's going to be Monday at Kirkwood. Maybe Tuesday if the second wave comes in on the later side? Right?
    Trying to figure out which of those two days I'll be putting the kiddo in ski school. I'll be around both days, although one we will stay on 7 & 9

Quote Originally Posted by pogs4ever View Post
    quick questions, i kind of need exercise everyday; will be staying in truckee area 1) is there a good spot to go running along the lake? i dont mind driving or wet feet.
    I assume you mean Donner Lake? The run around the lake is 7 miles (all paved), some running along Donner Pass Road but there's a bike lane. Park on DPR east of the lake near the state park entrance, run west along the road past the lake and then left on South Shore Drive and through the park. Or start by heading into the state park and do an out-and-back on the south side of the lake (avoids running on the main road).

Not by a lake but Emigrant Trail is a good low elevation trail run, out and back so you can go however long you want. It's dirt though so it might be muddy this weekend.

A little further away - there's a bike trail between Squaw and Tahoe City, about 5 miles each way.

Some stoke before the STORM OF OUR LIFETIMES???

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    I assume you mean Donner Lake? The run around the lake is 7 miles (all paved), some running along Donner Pass Road but there's a bike lane. Park on DPR east of the lake near the state park entrance, run west along the road past the lake and then left on South Shore Drive and through the park. Or start by heading into the state park and do an out-and-back on the south side of the lake (avoids running on the main road).

Not by a lake but Emigrant Trail is a good low elevation trail run, out and back so you can go however long you want. It's dirt though so it might be muddy this weekend.

A little further away - there's a bike trail between Squaw and Tahoe City, about 5 miles each way.
    Running around donner lake you can also run on gravel if you prefer--at least on Donner Pass Rd. Forgive me for stating the obvious but if you run on the bike trails please face traffic so you can see the bikes--there's a lot of them out these days. (only gapers like me ride on the bike trail along 89--serious bike riders use the road shoulders. Despite signs every few hundred feet telling people to ride right, walk left people still can't figure it out. One woman thought she was on the proper side because the sign on the pavement said to walk in that lane--except the sign was reading from the other direction. No accounting for the stupidity of tourists. Rant over).

hey people, visiting some old friends this weekend in tahoe, sad about the weather conditions, but them the breaks i guess.

quick questions, i kind of need exercise everyday; will be staying in truckee area 1) is there a good spot to go running along the lake? i dont mind driving or wet feet. 2) i have a winter wetsuit and all that fun stuff, is there a place to rent surf boards if the wind picks up? i havent really looked into surfing the lake at all, and im not even sure if its feasible with this particular storm, google only led me to SUP rentals.
    Check with Watermans Landing. Jay should have boards you can rent.

i kind of need exercise everyday;
    I've been that way about beer lately.

Mine seems more fun.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Kings Beach has lots of smooth sand.

Will be at Alpine tomorrow and Friday. Yay.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I just threw up a TR on snowbrains showcasing current conditions at Kirkwood...

http://snowbrains.com/fickle-snowpac...ood-last-week/

Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Tele, Dhk, Goat, and Huck, thanks for the advice. Also, thanks for the tip on running left instead of right, I probably would have gaped that up.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Mine seems more fun.
    touche, exercise allows more beer; guilt-free binge drinking about lack of pow or abundance of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So... if you have to pick one day... I'm thinking it's going to be Monday at Kirkwood. Maybe Tuesday if the second wave comes in on the later side? Right?
    seeing that skiing is likely off the table
    I think Sunday could be pretty damned good. Saturday might even be, especially in the afternoon. But this is a hard one to be sure about. The predictions I'm seeing suggest less than 1* difference between 6000 and 10000 feet. That means we could get six feet of snow, six inches of rain, or some combination.

Break out your funshapes....

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Mine seems more fun.
    Johnny come lately.
    not counting days 2016-17

Am I the only one who looks at the southerly flow and thinks this is December megastorm all over again?

Please let us enjoy the anticipation a little longer^^

school hasn't been preemptively cancelled for monday yet, so no. ^^^

I would love to have December all over again.

just secured a cooking position with PNH. leaving in 2 weeks. so pumped

Awesome, Nuthon! That'll be a nice change.

Hey Splat why not come out skiing at KW on Saturday?

(Kirkwood & The Angry Inch...
    ...of snow left after the rain)!!

Cinders & me and our (mostly) Girlie Crew are planning to be there.
    Gonna break out the Lhasa's...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...