Page 68 of 106 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2628
    sounds like spatula snow. trad skis would be hooky i assume in snow that is 25% liquid.

14/?? The OFFICIAL Tahoe Thread

25%?

BV had 5" of snow last night that measured out at 2.04" of water....
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 02-07-2015 at 08:15 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

So, yeah, spats then? At least this stuff won't blow away tuesday when the east winds blow.

At Mt Rose today. Thickest slab I've ever skied - mostly unbreakable, but when I broke through, it got ugly. For 20"+ of snow, it skied like 2".
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Coming over Echo Summit right now. Snowing just barely at Sierra at Tahoe entrance. Not sticking it all
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I think I'll go on tour next week. Rose T W Th El Chup?

Noon today at soda springs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1423375926324.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	163596  
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    25%?

BV had 5" of snow last night that measured out at 2.04" of water....
    Untracked was tolerable in the early morning: not many people braving the light hail/sleet mix.
    Then it got warmer... and rained and rained and rained. My kids lasted a grand total of 3
    runs between them: I got in a few good runs on Tigger's and Porridge before giving up myself.
    Sigh... Hoping it's colder for the Sunday storm.

S

Up top at Squaw was good. Dumping at Sibo until close. It was the best wettest day I can remember.

Alpine was decent, did 6000 laps on roundhouse. Anything steep was good. Hope alpine bowl chair opens.

^^ yeah good wet day...skiing wise. Comfort not so much
    Glad we had our big skis
    10 was good
    Eagle Bowl was great
    So stoked to get smooth untracked "near to" Saddle. On a Saturday!
    Most other peeps heading to end of rope line next to Cirque above Saddle (backside).
    Sentinel was surprisingly crappy
    We will see what today will bring...

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I think I'll go on tour next week. Rose T W Th El Chup?
    I'd expect the Rose backcountry to be crusty too - kinda depends on what happens with the Sunday - Monday storm.

I really only tour for pow, so fresh crust isn't that appealing to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hey Tahoe,
    We're doing a slideshow/book signing next weekend. Sunday the 15th at Tahoe Mountain Sports. Still working out the details on our presentation, but probably talking about the book a little bit and then showing a bunch of pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMS_BackBook851.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	163618
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMS_BackBook.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	163617  

Hola TGR! If your only mountain experience is buying a snowboard at anymountain and liking Kirkwood on Facebook, then Tuesday is THAT DAY to come ride pow, pow. Pack the truckster and call in sick, amigos! Cup:0:Joe in hand and stoke meter *at 9.6 as we see a second wave of "snain" at 8500', we will open ALL lifts today with 6, 10, 3, 5, 2, 6, and 2 on wind hold as Mtn. ops slows'yr roll with Ma Nature's natural natch.

Stay thirsty,
    Coop

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'd expect the Rose backcountry to be crusty too - kinda depends on what happens with the Sunday - Monday storm.

I really only tour for pow, so fresh crust isn't that appealing to me...

"on tour" meaning road trip to Tahoe and thinking of going to Rose

Anyone with a Gold SquawAlpine pass that has used the 50% Mountain Collective discount before? Do you just show your season pass at the ticket window or is some special process required. Thanks.

Raining pretty good at the base of alpine. Hoping snow levels drop quickly.

Duuuumping in the coast. Got be close to a 1/8" in the last 20 minutes alone. At least the northern state is getting some damn water. And veto g those higher peaks are gettin a killer spackle right now. Makes me glad I bought some skis for high alpine spring tours. Better get them mounted up.

I'm out for mon/tues so I fully expect those snow levels to quickly drop to the valley floor.

Squaw sucked. Only gold coast and Shirley.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCoop View Post
    Hola TGR! If your only mountain experience is buying a snowboard at anymountain and liking Kirkwood on Facebook, then Tuesday is THAT DAY to come ride pow, pow. Pack the truckster and call in sick, amigos! Cup:0:Joe in hand and stoke meter *at 9.6 as we see a second wave of "snain" at 8500', we will open ALL lifts today with 6, 10, 3, 5, 2, 6, and 2 on wind hold as Mtn. ops slows'yr roll with Ma Nature's natural natch.

Stay thirsty,
    Coop
    Screw you, Coop. I'm really pouty right now and your sarcasm is NOT helping. This winter has really been horrible and you can't make that even remotely funny ironic joke. maybe if you hadn't been so deceitful over all those years about lift schedules and operations that never really happened you would have less bad karma buildup that is screwing us all right now

WestCoastPDR Guest

Stay thirsty,
    Coop
    Hasn't the real Coop posted on here before. Like early season telling us not to hike and what not. There is no way this is "the real coop". The real coop doesn't get paid unless he plugs HH, Smith or some other official vail partner for 13 minutes out of a 15 minute snow report video posted to face book.

Stay thirsty,
    Coop
    Hard to be thirsty when a firehose is literally drowning your sorrows in a flood of liquid sorrow

Not really tahoe related.....but went to the Ruby Mtns a few weeks ago. Maybe this will lighten the mood in here.

Couple of hot laps on Shirley from Saturday morning before things went to shit.

Aaaaanndd..........

.........it's raining at the meadows on mt rose.

Full on wet barely slop up to 9500

Fun while it lasted! Hope everyone had a good winter.

See ya next year!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Screw you, Coop. I'm really pouty right now and your sarcasm is NOT helping. This winter has really been horrible and you can't make that even remotely funny ironic joke. maybe if you hadn't been so deceitful over all those years about lift schedules and operations that never really happened you would have less bad karma buildup that is screwing us all right now
    I don't think the troll who is sarcastic and the person who who refer to being deceitful over all those years are the same person, so the bad karma connection is not really there.

OTOH, it has not snowed in Tahoe since Vail bought the Wood, so maybe that is the bad karma you are looking for. It is because Ullr is angry with VC. Basically, if you are going to buy a hill and kill its vibe, Ullr at least expects you'd put money into it to improve the lift system, base facilities and parking issues. Ullr does not expect things to get worse. Ullr is pissed. Ullr expects something to change. *

And don't worry. Monday is gonna rock. I can't ski anymore. Damn Scarlet Fever.

*this is all conjecture. i do not speak to, or for, Ullr.