Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2632
    Aaaaanndd..........

.........it's raining at the meadows on mt rose.

Full on wet barely slop up to 9500

Fun while it lasted! Hope everyone had a good winter.

See ya next year!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Screw you, Coop. I'm really pouty right now and your sarcasm is NOT helping. This winter has really been horrible and you can't make that even remotely funny ironic joke. maybe if you hadn't been so deceitful over all those years about lift schedules and operations that never really happened you would have less bad karma buildup that is screwing us all right now
    I don't think the troll who is sarcastic and the person who who refer to being deceitful over all those years are the same person, so the bad karma connection is not really there.

OTOH, it has not snowed in Tahoe since Vail bought the Wood, so maybe that is the bad karma you are looking for. It is because Ullr is angry with VC. Basically, if you are going to buy a hill and kill its vibe, Ullr at least expects you'd put money into it to improve the lift system, base facilities and parking issues. Ullr does not expect things to get worse. Ullr is pissed. Ullr expects something to change. *

And don't worry. Monday is gonna rock. I can't ski anymore. Damn Scarlet Fever.

*this is all conjecture. i do not speak to, or for, Ullr.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Aaaaanndd..........

.........it's raining at the meadows on mt rose.

Full on wet barely slop up to 9500

Fun while it lasted! Hope everyone had a good winter.

See ya next year!
    meh. cold rain really doesn't do that much to the snowpack.
    tomorrow is likely to be the most wintry day of the year.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ottime do you really have scarlet fever? That's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    meh. cold rain really doesn't do that much to the snowpack.
    Gee really?

Lies. All lies.

The last two days were a really nice bonus. Very glad I didn't have measles.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 02-08-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Ottime do you really have scarlet fever? That's fucked up.
    Not me. My boy. And maybe. He did test positive for strep and his skin was splotchy and red. The urgent care doctor was a bit of an oddball, but seemed knowledgable. Anyway, nothing that some basic antibiotics can't cure. Just would be kind of irresponsible to throw him the car, drive to elevation, and drop him off at ski school in the morning. Perhaps even selfish and cruel. And the mrs. can't really call in sick to take care of him while I go ski.

I'm betting powdork is right. As long as that cold air moves in before the precip stops.

Otoh, be smart and safe out there tomorrow, especially if you are headed out BC and high, where you will likely want to be.
    Last edited by Ottime; 02-08-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Interesting...

Good dad.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    "on tour" meaning road trip to Tahoe and thinking of going to Rose
    I misinterpreted -- do you need a place to stay out here?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Raining hard at 7800 feet base of kirkwood

WestCoastPDR Guest

14/?? The OFFICIAL Tahoe Thread

^^^^

Your embracing the storm huh. marketing at its finest.

Raining at 7500 kingsbury grade near Boulder lodge. I remember a summer rain storm the felt colder than this

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I misinterpreted -- do you need a place to stay out here?
    Mebbe. Was mostly looking for someone fun to roll with. 50/50 at this point. I'll email you if I can actually get away.

Anyone think its worth using the free Sugar Bowl pass from your silver squaw pass tomorrow at Sugar Bowl tomorrow ? Or wait until Tuesday after they get bombing done

Or you may want to just wait for a colder storm.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Maybe not as wintry as mid-December, but more wintry than January.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

New Construction In Protected Alpine Wetlands
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCoop View Post
    Hola TGR! If your only mountain experience is buying a snowboard at anymountain and liking Kirkwood on Facebook, then Tuesday is THAT DAY to come ride pow, pow. Pack the truckster and call in sick, amigos! Cup:0:Joe in hand and stoke meter *at 9.6 as we see a second wave of "snain" at 8500', we will open ALL lifts today with 6, 10, 3, 5, 2, 6, and 2 on wind hold as Mtn. ops slows'yr roll with Ma Nature's natural natch.

Stay thirsty,
    Coop
    HEY VAIL!!!

THANKS FOR CALLLLLLLLLLLLING KIRKWOO.... I mean... THANKS FOR FUCKING UP KIRKWOOD .. It is 9pm in the early evening and let's see what we have in store today.... Rain til 10,000feet on a 30" base.

This is not the Kirkwood that I knew and ran like a tight ship... No sirree... The Kirkwood that I knew and ran had the lightest, driest, and whitest powder in the Tahoe basin. This rain shit never happened under MY watch thank you very much. Sure we had generators blowing up but hey, it snowed every few days!!! Chair 10 hard snow holds? PFFFT! Bunch of pussies! Back in my day we just put up a "No Gapers allowed" sign and trained our funny talking lifties to bum rush anyone on rental gear.

I'm sure every Kirkwood local around here is saying "Where is my goddamn time machine?". Thanks for calling Kirkwood and here's hoping that VMR doesn't trade you for a pack of cigarettes to the next owner.
    "The vision of Kirkwood is to develop a resort that can be both a big mountain and a small community. We see Kirkwood as the kind of place where you know your neighbors and don't worry about your kids. A resort where everyone in the family, regardless of their generation, can enjoy the true high Sierra experience."

Any updates? It looks like the temp is really supposed to drop in the next couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    Couple of hot laps on Shirley from Saturday morning before things went to shit.
    I love that little zone off Shirley.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Still pissing rain in Tahoe Donner. Temps are dropping though, just need to drop faster.

Alpine tomorrow, then debating heading to Sugar Bowl on Tuesday.

I'll be at Alpine tomorrow too. Yellow jacket, blue pants, blue helmet.
    .))
    .))

It snowed until 11:30am on Chair 6 today at Kirkwood. I was having a blast until then. Chamoix and Oops was filing in fast and was buttery smooth. I grabbed a beer and it started pouring rain. Mini jets finished early and we bailed by 2pm. It was insanely rainy for about 40 miles in the direction of SF.

Angry god level rainfall at Kirkwood all day. Was getting worried that I should save my firewood to build an Ark. Front yard is now a foot deep slush lake. Looks like it's trying to switch over to snow now.

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    Not really tahoe related.....but went to the Ruby Mtns a few weeks ago. Maybe this will lighten the mood in here.
    Can I be your friend?
    .))
    .))

just turned to snow at kirkwood. starting to accumulate on the rail, maybe an inch so far hoping that more waves spin in now that the temps are finally down

Fourth down Hail Mary pass

14/?? The OFFICIAL Tahoe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Can I be your friend?
    If you can turn this rain into snow.......you can be whatever you want!

Bonjour mis *amis*,

Glass:O: Duckhorn in hand at 7700'. Some passionate responses here. We all love the mountains and recognize that e'v'r'y day in Mother Nature's bounty is a gift. We are lucky to share these hills, and to partner with brands that share this love.

Let me be *up* *front* and say this #megastorm was exactly what we needed to build the base and refresh aquifers. Snow levels dropping and stoke levels rising overnight, Tuesday's the day! Call in sick, quit y'r job, tell y'r parole of'f'c'r to #keepthefaith! We will be once again offering the most open terrain in Tahoe with all lifts operating over 42 skiable trails and *zero* haunted native american grave sites #shell #mound. Very minor changes to snow forecast over the northern Sierra- expect some impacts to develop at the higher elevations overnight as snow levels lower to 6900'- I'm calling for a sleeper day Monday, with 3"-7" possible down low and up to 33" falling above 11'000'. Expect winds to increase in the Central Valley during the evening as gradients tighten and become more east-west oriented across the valley. Thanks to a lowering Rex Block, we thank our majority shareholder 600 Park Avenue Fund XVI *Bermuda* LLC and we have extended the wind advisory for the northern half of the Sacramento Valley into early M'nday m'rning.

Mis amigis, I can't say enough about our Mtn Ops and the spirit they've shown since the change in management from sev'ral years ago. While we respect and cherish all our friends at other, minor, Fr'sno-centric locales, th' air smells sweeter and Bub's nachos taste better when certain someones who maybe don't wipe quite th'rougly enough after #2 aren't around. #keepthefaith!~ and enjoy y'r time on spaceship Earth.

Stay'n thirsty,
    Coop