Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2632

14/?? The OFFICIAL Tahoe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Classic Tahoe conditions...

Nice work on the Handrail in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Classic Tahoe conditions...

Great footage as usual. West shore looked dicy. Interested to find out if those sticks are next year's deathwish or a new moment. We will find out soon...
    Go Sox!

This shot skied pretty nicely around noon today.

Looking for some splitboard bindings if anyone has a lead around the Tahoe area...

Anybody touring this weekend? Is it even worth it anywhere?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Corn isn't cooked, Sherwood Express loading area is now totally burnt.
    They keep moving snow to cover it up--wonder how much longer they can keep going. Props to management for keeping Sherwood open for the handful of people willing to hike.

I was impressed Sherwood was even open. The groomer trail itself is horrible and probably the worst option, but if you traverse over a ways there's still some nice snow and soft bumps, but no better than the other side of the mountain so not really worth it IMO. A troller told me they were going to try to keep it open until the (fingers crossed) MLK weekend storm. He kind of shrugged, though, as in, I guess. I don't see it happening but I like the positive outlook.

With the sun angle, towards the end of the day high yellow is actually really nice about half an hour after the sun finally hits it. Maybe a handful of people skied it all day so it was way better than expected.

unpossible - I assume you were over on Sherwood today? There were only about 10 of us total, at most.

Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-08-2015 at 07:36 PM.

nice 6er. looks like conditions just keep getting betterer and betterer
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by tpacent View Post
    Great footage as usual. West shore looked dicy. Interested to find out if those sticks are next year's deathwish or a new moment. We will find out soon...
    Those are actually Tahoe's from two seasons ago...but they have the latest 'mullet rocker' which actually makes them more fun to throw around. They are also pretty hefty and solid ski - I think of them as a big mountain comp ski but at 96mm underfoot.

Deathwish are being made for shows and samples as we speak...still my favorite current ski. I kinda killed mine landing on rocks in December...go figure...rocks in Tahoe in December. I'd love to say more but the interwebz will leak everything as soon as the first trade show hits.

On that note, I'm kind of at the point where I just ski what I want to ski, rocks be damned. December, February, June, whatever - there's barely any difference these days and the weather has broken me to the point where I just don't give a crap. Who wants to spend 9 out of 10 days on their rock skis from 5-7 years ago? Pretty sure I'm not alone here. On the plus side my ski tuning / waxing / repair skills have improved considerably.

So... MLK weekend isn't too far away. Bring on the rain crust.

lepistoirOttime, life is too short to drag peeps through the weeds. Nuff said. You live here right? Atencion mag.

All skis are rock skis.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    unpossible - I assume you were over on Sherwood today? There were only about 10 of us total, at most.
    Nope, was last there on Saturday, however, I saw a pic from two days ago and the skiers left side entrance to the corral was totally burnt, with the right side not close behind. Figured with another 2 days of warm temps that both sides would be toast. Props to AM for keeping it going, still not as bad as last year when we had to walk the bottom part.

Sticky drunk snow

So Incline now has its own brewery and, more importantly, a decent bar: Alibi Ale Works. I've been by a couple times and it's got good beer and a good vibe. They don't have food yet, but apparently plan to have food trucks by quite often. They also allow you to bring in your own food (T's is just a block away).

Sounds like Denver Brewing Co. Do they allow dogs?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Sounds like Denver Brewing Co. Do they allow dogs?
    My guess is that they do. They don't serve food, so I don't think there are any ordinance issues and it would be kind of lame if they didn't.

Dheli and I are doing CP to KW tomorrow if you're interested.

More:
    http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/nor...yoshimi-cheney
    http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/new...ke-alibi-tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    All skis are rock skis.
    Here, here!!!

AK, backside of sisters looked nice last weekend, but kind of thin through the choke, fyi

looks like tweener weather for that CP2K tour this weekend.

As in, somewhere in-between "I really ought to be mountain biking," and "these turns were definitely way better than mountain biking." I guess you're less likely to get weather disturbances on the south side of the basin than the north side with the way this forecast is shaping up ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I am fence about going up tomorrow. I always enjoy my time on snow, but it looks like possible rain or blue skies over ice tomorrow. It is certainly snowing wet stuff over Markleeville.

Anyone want to do an easy tour?

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Anyone wanna chime in on castle peak area conditions?

was on castle peak a couple days ago...rode the coulior.

twas not the corn we wanted, just some nasty slop. coulior is burnt out. the nw and ne facing stuff looked fun, but the snow there wasnt really good either. maybe a couple extra days of freeze thaw made it better?

if youre gonna go i would reccomend the n facing over highway facing side.

soft snow is soft...hard snow is hard.
    Epic Spring here in Tahoe! Almost time for biking season again