Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2628
    TEXASS -
    Excellent description. My lady understood immediately.
    Thank you.

This latest discourse sure sums up our season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    TEXASS -
    Excellent description. My lady understood immediately.
    Thank you.
    Clever lad you are!

Well, I could thank telemike and eastcoastpdr, or I could talk about the frozen groomers. I was at the top of 10 yesterday. Perhaps one of the most miserable runs of my life. Even when I hit the groomer it was still frozen, until the final 400' of vert or so. Frozen. By far my favorite runs were the two I took at the end of the day with my son after his lesson. Suddenly he has got it. Waiting for air, and going to ski a few mid day runs with him before testing tires on the drive home.

This does totally sum up our winter. Move this thread to tech talk.

Tech talk? Nah. I'm fired up to ski some blower on top of rocks and dirt next week. Gotta love October turns in April.

Frozen cord is great!

Last Tuesday at Diamond Peak

Photo credit goes to First Track Productions

Anyone inbounds at the wood tomorrow? Interested in carpooling from anywhere off 50, 580 or 88? I might day trip to get one last day (er, my second day) on my pass before the cold weekend weather comes in.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

It's already cold dude, dusting last night in south lake a couple inch's up on Rose and it's supposed to get pretty cold tonight.

Looking at the Carson pass snotel, it barely got above freezing today.

What happened 33 years ago today at AM? For both the young and the senile of us...

NOAA has high of 45F tomorrow at mid mountain with light winds. Could make for decent afternoon inbounds skiing, at least with titanium layered skis ... or am I smoking crack?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    NOAA has high of 45F tomorrow at mid mountain with light winds. Could make for decent afternoon inbounds skiing, at least with titanium layered skis ... or am I smoking crack?
    Alex, skied Wednesday. Never really found much off of Zach that was consistent. Lost Cabin was as far out as I explored in Wagon Wheel. Maybe should have gone further. Sentinel was a frozen mess. Ten was fiiiirm down too te flat section of buckboard. Lap through eagle was doable.

Today skied 5 with my boy from 1ish-2ish. Mostly soft, but a few firmer sections in the shade.

I'd watch hold cold it gets tonight. My car thermo read 35F in the parking lot at 12:30 today.

Could be good, but pretty much anything that would have softened up te past two days is just rock.

Zachs was fun hot lapping though. For a bit. Had much more fun skiing slush laps on 7 though. It is amazing watching skiing suddenly click. He What's open?has a GS turn in his arsenal. I think this thing is going to work for us.

An thanks for those who helped get my son on the slopes today and us home safe. Damn tire light thing be damned.

I've been around these parts longer than most, and yet its still hard to imagine an avalanche of that magnitude happening at the base of Alpine, let alone on March 31.

My how times have changed.

Ended up at Alpine. Rolling solo in the morning with White helmet / Die Living sticker on Prophet 100's ... Call me a beater if you want to share a lift! Gonna try to hook up with NorCalNomad this afternoon.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

[drought]I'm going to Kirkwood tomorrow....I'll be the guy fucking killing it [/drought]

Fuck Amazon. Buy it at the bookstore at hooligan rocks in Truckee. You can get the book about the La Traviata (Revelstoke) avalanche there as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428107648.974012.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	165892

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428107670.376517.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	165893

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428107681.880975.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	315.1 KB 
ID:	165894
    I know it looks bad, but hey I brought my rock skis, skied from 930 to 330, found good corn and technical (due to low tide) lines, and had a blast.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

@skier666 i will be there with you. Snow?! Who needs it! Volkl Xplosiv to the rescue.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Couple of skis on the bottom of Cushing right now. A couple of 1 minute swims today didn't produce anything. One is a Mantra 184, can remember the other one. One guy is headed back tomorrow in a dry suite with no goggles.
    live the life.

Out at Alpine in a fairly significant storm. Great to see the little team kids at the top of summit, having a ball in the wind and snow. A lot of the adults not so much. Props to the coaches.
    And can someone explain to me the lemming-like urge that compels skiers and boarders with no ability to ski bumps, or ice, or steeps to fling themselves onto the Face in full view of the lift?

^^^^* teh funnez.

My lady won't ski tough lines anywhere near a lift line. She does not want to be part of any gaper show. In general, I won't ever deal with icy bumps, regardless I my skill or lack ther of.

So. Serious storm? How much snow? Almost 90 today in Palm desert. But can feel the breeze picking up.

What, like you've never felt those urges?
    Could be worse. They could all be downloading!
    This is our first non-skiing Easter in many years (transport issues). Would appreciate some reports.
    How bad was it yesterday?
    ^^^ So, today is windy & wild?
    Is there much dust on that there crust?
    White out or patchy showers?
    Cheers.

Well...got some turns in at Kirwkood yesterday. Groomers weren't half bad. Early morning firm corduroy on Upper Zachary, Upper Lookout Janek with some rocky patches here and there. The snowpack is soooooo thin at the bottom, but they have done a great job keeping pushing snow around for access to the chairs. At some point you wonder why they are open...until you look at the fairly decent snowpack on the upper part of the Wall. Yesterday was sunny but breezy, so stuff was still firm at 2pm when I left for dinner and a movie with the Mrs in the city. Best coverage is off the Wall and the upper sections thereof, and off of 6, Oops and Poops still has the deepest snowpack. Everything else is a bit dire. The exit from the drain to the bottom of Buckboard is a one foot wide strip of snow next to a creek that patrol shoveled into place. It is remarkable how much work they have done to keep this place open.

Slalom skis came in handy in the morning...

Dblatto ripped some tasty turns on the top of 6...

Sisters Chute was firm...obviously

Dblatto actually found some psuedo-powder under Sisters...

A Very Light 3"-4" on the ground at 7,800'. Very light blower. Not enough yet to cover much. But it feels like Winter here now. Nice.