Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    They've been putting traffic circles everywhere in WA. the last few years and I've noticed drivers here treat them completely differently than they do in Mass.. Driving in Mass as a kid I learned not to hesitate and just enter the circle as soon as there was a small space, in WA they still treat them as stop signs and no one moves until there's no other car in the circle.
    [I think] in MA, the cars entering a traffic circle (not a fucking roundabout; we fought the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 so we didn't have to submit ourselves to British tyrrany!) have the right of way. It's certainly not that way in NH or NY so when Massholes cross state lines, chaos ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    [I think] in MA, the cars entering a traffic circle have the right of way.
    Nope.

They do have "rotaries" (larger, often irregularly shaped, traffic circles with 25 mph speed limits) that out of staters understandably don't handle well.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Nope.

They do have "rotaries" (larger, often irregularly shaped, traffic circles with 25 mph speed limits) that out of staters understandably don't handle well.
    I've always called them rotaries, I think they were all called that in MA. most people think your talking old phones when you say rotary.

They are referred to as rotaries in MA, driver already in the rotary has the ROW, always a shit show.

+1 ^^. Never really understood why people find rotaries confusing.

The only tricky part is that even though the car already in the rotary has the right of way, you can't count on the car entering the rotary to respect your right of way and give it to you, so don't leave a big gap between you and the guy in front of you in the rotary or the guy entering it will try to jam themselves in there. But that's expected.

Hooray for the Massholes!!!!! Ur # 1!!!!!!

What if you’re going faster miles an hour? With the radio on?

It’s all about building up enough centrifugal force and releasing when you achieve escape velocity.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    It’s all about building up enough centrifugal force and releasing when you achieve escape velocity.
    Heh. I love veering to the inside, passing a few folks, then slingshotting out my exit.
    Centripetally Trippy
    . . .

I live really close to a gnarly one at the airport in Hyannis on Cape Cod. Gotta deal with it daily. Funny, because consistently people wanna take the inside line when they intend to exit. Crossing into the outside lane, cutting someone off. We have several that are always busy, especially in the summer.. Bourne bridge rotary is pretty nuts. Right over the canal bridge and WELCOME to Cape Cod. Even has a State police barracks right there.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.