Page 172 of 380 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 9497
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    I thought its common sense not to have goodies or goodie crumbs in a shed
    Mice will knaw thru wood for food
    Mice wont know the shed is a shed if they cant smell something attractive
    Yep first step is always remove the attractors. Food of any kind they will search and get....it's not shelter they are after most times.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Virtually impossible to keep rodents out of a shed unless it is built very well.

This woman has been looking for a sucker on Front Porch Forum for this job for a while, good luck.

Seeking Someone to Rebuild/Fix a Rotted Shed

Kira Clement • Grand Hollow Road, Warren

Seeking recommendations
    Rebuild/fix a rotted shed and make it rodent proof

Ozzy Man with a timely video

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I've seen mice go right through my stone fireplace surround, although that says more about the idiot who built it (probably previous owner himself) than about mice.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've seen mice go right through my stone fireplace surround, although that says more about the idiot who built it (probably previous owner himself) than about mice.
    Cross forum post
    Sounds like a house mouse
    You need a pair of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20210718-164342_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	379819
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210705_124409.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	379818  

“Great stuff” foam is sold in a pest blocking variety. No idea what’s in it, but it’s worth a shot. For bigger critters use hardware cloth to cover any gaps. And kill the fuckers with poison or an electronic trap. The zap trap I got last year has nuked about two dozen mice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    “Great stuff” foam is sold in a pest blocking variety. No idea what’s in it, but it’s worth a shot. For bigger critters use hardware cloth to cover any gaps. And kill the fuckers with poison or an electronic trap. The zap trap I got last year has nuked about two dozen mice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up
    Ive been out of the foam game for a while

What is the collective opinion of using a product like SimpleMat for tiling jobs? Is it worth heading in that direction or will that be too much work? Are there other tiling shortcuts I should know about?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Burn the building down.

Is this in relation to my question or the ratshed, riser?

Seriously, any mag who knows this kinda shit and wouldn't mind answering random questions now and then... I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink to pick your brain. Just don't wanna cunt up this thread with a million dumb questions

Never heard of it…all our installs are Kerdi these days
    (except CA, where they seem to like traditional mud…)

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Is this in relation to my question or the ratshed, riser?

Seriously, any mag who knows this kinda shit and wouldn't mind answering random questions now and then... I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink to pick your brain. Just don't wanna cunt up this thread with a million dumb questions

Sorry, rat shed.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    <snip> I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink
    Wait. Dope coffee?

Name:  smoking-chimp.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  42.4 KB

I was part of a project where the tin roof had to be pulled off a BC lodge completly, all the insulation fixed all the holes sealed off with the armoured mesh cuz of rodents

the mice went thru the roof making tunnels and nests, so the martens seeing a good meal followed them in, ate all the mice but left a mess, right next to the stove pipe they had knocked a piece of wood which was slightly charred but didnt catch

I was on the water project which was also a huge job but pulling a roof off and putting it all back looked like a huge job
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I was part of a project where the tin roof had to be pulled off a BC lodge completly, all the insulation fixed all the holes sealed off with the armoured mesh cuz of rodents

the mice went thru the roof making tunnels and nests, so the martens seeing a good meal followed them in, ate all the mice but left a mess, right next to the stove pipe they had knocked a piece of wood which was slightly charred but didnt catch

I was on the water project which was also a huge job but pulling a roof off and putting it all back looked like a huge job
    I think you are the most “Canadian” of any Canadians posting here. Kudos.

And I don’t mean that as a bad thing by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That simplemat shit looks like something a housewife would use to surprise her husband after watching an HG network show.
    For a quality tile job there are no shortcuts. Trust me, I have seen a shitton of fucked up tile.

I'd like to get fastfred's opinion.

But until then I agree with VT-Free. IMO other than trowels and plastic buckets, pretty much anything you buy at HD in the tile aisle will guarantee a fucked up tile job. That shit is taking it to a new level of fuckupedness.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I think you are the most “Canadian” of any Canadians posting here. Kudos.

And I don’t mean that as a bad thing by the way.

could be a canadian bot eh

I always laugh at the steel wool mitigation for rodent issues and now I see we got rodent proof foam,

so what do you do when it doesnt work, well you do it again or maybe the structure fire takes care of it

I think yer takeaway should be don't do a chicken-shit-job

or in this case a marten-shit-job
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-23-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sorry not a remodel question but I’m not really familiar with well pump/pressure tank set ups. Should the well pump run constantly when running a garden hose? I don’t seem to remember it running constantly before. For other use, it seems like the pump will run for 15-20 seconds after a toilet flush and sink run. Google seems to think that is running too often and for too short of a cycle?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Sorry not a remodel question but I’m not really familiar with well pump/pressure tank set ups. Should the well pump run constantly when running a garden hose? I don’t seem to remember it running constantly before. For other use, it seems like the pump will run for 15-20 seconds after a toilet flush and sink run. Google seems to think that is running too often and for too short of a cycle?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Pressure tank should fill from well pump and the water comes from there. When my pump died we had water, from tank, until it ran dry. Sounds like the pump is working too much to me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

If the bladder fails in the tank it will short cycle and run after each flush ect. or constantly using a hose.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So a pressure tank replacement is needed? Is there any other way to diagnose or are those symptoms enough?

So a pressure tank replacement is needed? Is there any other way to diagnose or are those symptoms enough?

Watch the pressure gauge when the water is turned on.
    And also when the pump cycles on.

But yeah, bladders go bad after 20 years.
    I’d agree with the diagnosis
    . . .

Hold on, you need to check what kind of controller you have. You might have a constant pressure controller, where your pump will run most of the time, but at variable speeds to match water usage.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Hold on, you need to check what kind of controller you have. You might have a constant pressure controller, where your pump will run most of the time, but at variable speeds to match water usage.
    But I never noticed it running this much when I moved in. If it were variable speed could you hear the different speeds? What would I look for.

Took a look at the tank. It has a schrader valve up top but no gauge. I’ll throw a gauge on there and take a look.

The controller is going to be an electrical box pretty close to the pressure tank. It will have a wire going to a pressure switch down at the bottom of the pressure tank. Get a model number of the controller and put it in Google.