Page 272 of 384 FirstFirst ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 9590
    What am I looking at there? Water main?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    What am I looking at there? Water main?
    Main sewer line. It had clogged and foolishly I let them "water jet" it in an attempt to clear it. I think they fucked it up and separated the line at the point it entered the sewer in the street. All they had to do was replace that small section of blue pipe. It probably took them the better part of two days just to dig the hole. The soil kept sluffing down. I guess that's why they call it Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Main sewer line. It had clogged and foolishly I let them "water jet" it in an attempt to clear it. I think they fucked it up and separated the line at the point it entered the sewer in the street. All they had to do was replace that small section of blue pipe. It probably took them the better part of two days just to dig the hole. The soil kept sluffing down. I guess that's why they call it Sandy.
    Are you not in the Sandy Suburban Sewer District? That free lateral line insurance is a pretty awesome benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Are you not in the Sandy Suburban Sewer District? That free lateral line insurance is a pretty awesome benefit.
    We're in South Valley Sewer District.

Woof. That whole thing looks like a pain

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I still think you're getting fucked.
    Maybe. As noted, I didn't just get the water heater done. The sewer line cleanout hadn't been opened in 20+ years and was so seized he had to cut it out and replace it. Also, with an active leak that was getting worse by the day, a trip this weekend that I'm leaving for momentarily, and a packed work week ahead I'm happy I was able to get it done when I did. Sometimes a "Good/Fast/Cheap, pick 2" situation is the only option.

Thanx for letting that ^^ info slip, reminds me of customers who would casually mention after 2 days of me working on their system that oh by the way nothing has worked since they dug up the street and fucked everything in the building
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Thanx for letting that ^^ info slip, reminds me of customers who would casually mention after 2 days of me working on their system that oh by the way nothing has worked since they dug up the street and fucked everything in the building
    "I also had them remodel the upstairs bathroom and replace the washing machine......."

Knowledge is power ... always hold some info back
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The developer who built our Sacramento neighborhood in the 30's planted plane trees on every lot directly over the cast iron sewer lines. I think every line on our block has been replaced. We were the last. We must have had the line rotorooted a dozen or more times over the years. Finally bit the bullet when they couldn't get it open. Maybe the developer thought shit spilling out of broken sewers would be good for the trees, or maybe his son-in-law was a plumbing contractor.

^If I were a developer in the 1930s, there’s no way I’d think tree roots would penetrate cast iron.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Also, that Caillebotte floor scrapers painting is a favorite of mine, as I grew up near Chicago, and it’s at the Art Institute there.
    Yes those dudes would be sore, but plenty of folks do indoor rowing, (isn’t there a thread here about it?), and their floors prolly could be refinished every couple years instead. #pelotonisstupid
    Caillebotte's Paris street, rainy day is hanging at the Art Institute, the floor scrapers is at the Orsay in Paris (saw it in April).

What would really suck about scraping that floor is how hot the scraper gets - that shit will burn your fingers when you get at it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Caillebotte's Paris street, rainy day is hanging at the Art Institute, the floor scrapers is at the Orsay in Paris (saw it in April).

What would really suck about scraping that floor is how hot the scraper gets - that shit will burn your fingers when you get at it.
    Dang! I get these museums all mixed up.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Put this in the "don't" category. Buddy sent me these, one week before move in. Painter fucked up.

That’ll buff right out

Lucky to have missed that high pressure gas line
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Lucky he/she missed the king stud or that would have been a real mess.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    With the current market, my assumption:
    - No contractor is coming to your house to do a days work for less than $1k.
    - No contractor is coming to your house to do a small project for less than $5k.
    - No contractor is doing a remodel for less than $200k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    been listening to sadboy loko for a half hr nwo
    sure as shit ate 20mg of edibles at one thinking my day was over
    nope spent the afternoon in a 10 milion dollar house measuring and trying to figure out how to make it better it's alittle dated for the new owner
    cameras all over the house so I know she was watching me touretting out and talking to myself then I spent ten minutes trying to find where I left my laser tape measure
    ate 15 more mg of edibles around 5 so I could go for a bike ride

unless people tell there kids togo into to the trades your gonna pay out the asshole for any services
    better hope for some immigration reform
    shit might hit the fan but wages will not go down trades people will be in demand there are none have you tried calling one?
    150 an hr for plumbers and electrians now plus plus plus I'm at 80 an hr per employee thats someone to take the trash out and move a broom

Hey Fred whatever. There just aren’t plumbers or electricians here. Period.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Put this in the "don't" category. Buddy sent me these, one week before move in. Painter fucked up.

What resi painter needs a 60’ boomlift? That’s the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    been listening to sadboy loko for a half hr nwo
    sure as shit ate 20mg of edibles at one thinking my day was over
    nope spent the afternoon in a 10 milion dollar house measuring and trying to figure out how to make it better it's alittle dated for the new owner
    cameras all over the house so I know she was watching me touretting out and talking to myself then I spent ten minutes trying to find where I left my laser tape measure
    ate 15 more mg of edibles around 5 so I could go for a bike ride

unless people tell there kids togo into to the trades your gonna pay out the asshole for any services
    better hope for some immigration reform
    shit might hit the fan but wages will not go down trades people will be in demand there are none have you tried calling one?
    150 an hr for plumbers and electrians now plus plus plus I'm at 80 an hr per employee thats someone to take the trash out and move a broom
    My comment wasn’t a knock. You’re preaching to the choir here… I work on the commercial side. The biggest risk to the industry is declining skilled trade. I’m two weeks behind on the erection of a $300m hospital tower because there are no more welders to be found in local 86. Average age of a plumber I see onsite must be late 40s / early 50s.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My comment wasn’t a knock. You’re preaching to the choir here… I work on the commercial side. The biggest risk to the industry is declining skilled trade. I’m two weeks behind on the erection of a $300m hospital tower because there are no more welders to be found in local 86. Average age of a plumber I see onsite must be late 40s / early 50s.

Those lifts are renting for 975 a day here. New job for me and GC didnt want to spend that money so I guess my hourly will make up for having to deal with shitty access. He also built half a house before realizing the eves were gonna hit the power lines.....that only cost another 48k to have power company raise them 20ft. People are strange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I thought the same but there's actually another story above that subroof that looks like a pain to reach with a ladder.

Anybody recommend a good exterior house painter in SLC or really north like Layton where I live?

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Leaking bathroom faucet valve on an old grohe faucet. Cartridges are $30 each worth it or replace with a cheaper new faucet? Planning a bathroom remodel in a few years so leaning towards a cheap new one so I don’t have to do the other cartridge too.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Leaking bathroom faucet valve on an old grohe faucet. Cartridges are $30 each worth it or replace with a cheaper new faucet? Planning a bathroom remodel in a few years so leaning towards a cheap new one so I don’t have to do the other cartridge too.
    You can get a cheap new one for what, $40? That's for sure what I would do.