Page 44 of 385 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 9616
    Seems like some decorative corner bracing might be a good idea (if you want to take building advice from a doctor).

Seems like it should work, and the doctor is correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We've done some tile in a couple houses we've finished (finishing…) and have gone the whole max route with screwing down the cement board and painting that with that black sealant.

My wife is a perfectionist in laying the tile. She did our first house bathroom in cream 12" travertine with super thin grout spacing, reviewed by Bill Gate's personal contractor as professionally perfect.

She did a killer job on a bathroom in the new house with custom tiles and here vv is the layout, again with custom tiles in the entryway, prepped in the same way (haven't buttered and grouted yet obviously)

So all that prep is a done deal. My wife cut and laid out this ^^ from 4"x4" tiles.

But now, we going to finish a sunroom as a solar collector in dark green slate. I wouldn't mind skipping the days of measuring, cutting and placing the cement board nor the joy of painting the black sealant goo. I'd do this Schluter system if I understood why the grout wouldn't crack.

We've also got a steamshower and master bath with tubsurround to finish.
    whatz going right here?
    Pretty sweet job !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	309.7 KB 
ID:	285221
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    whatz going right here?
    Pretty sweet job !

Name:	tile.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	309.7 KB 
ID:	285221
    We have a piece of the Berlin Wall we're milling down to fit. This is just the layout, not mortared in yet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buster why are you worried about flex? Just follow Kerdi's instructions, it will be fine. The "original" kerdi system was just the waterproofing membrane on top of regular sheetrock with UNmodified thinset holding it on. Sheetrock is flexible as shit until it is screwed onto the studs, at which point it no longer flexes. Same with the new foam board systems.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    basically something like this
    Attachment 285157

yea posts will be set on top of footings and anchored in w post bases. the sway thing kinda makes sense but it will/should be pretty rigid when all said and done so...
    i think i'm leaning toward 2x10 beams and 2x8 rafters (and 1x purlins) but...
    That thing is going to rock like the fucking titanic unless you put corner bracing and/or bury the posts as suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Buster why are you worried about flex? Just follow Kerdi's instructions, it will be fine. The "original" kerdi system was just the waterproofing membrane on top of regular sheetrock with UNmodified thinset holding it on. Sheetrock is flexible as shit until it is screwed onto the studs, at which point it no longer flexes. Same with the new foam board systems.
    Most people, contractors included, have not idea how tile works. Brush up on "tile assembly" and "de-coupling". Shluter and Wedi systems are great but all they are doing in passing on the time savings of the installer to the customer in the form on higher product cost.

I have a love/hate relationship with tile. It looks great but I have a hard time making money at it. Plus a tile job is only made out of three things. Dust, wet and heavy. If I was really into it, which I'm not, I'd love to apprentice under a Hispanic master in Florida. Those guys have some mad skills.

^^ start at $20.00 sq ft and go up from there quickly, you'll make money
    250 a niche 250 a bench 55.00 sq for the shower floor deco extra, 18" x 18" tiles or lager extra, shelfs 100 each, bostik, profusion, or ceg lite grout, all extra
    read your TCNA book everynight
    and always use the white stuff that comes in the big bucket
    hope you charge 30 sqft to frame it's 2019 the end is near fist fuck the customer or stay home

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Dust, wet and heavy.
    You left off "scrubbing out buckets," but I hear you. I don't even really like tile except in showers and for backsplashes. Cold, hard surfaces in heating climates suck.

Everytime I read this thread I consider my planned second floor addition and my ass starts to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ^^ start at $20.00 sq ft and go up from there quickly, you'll make money
    250 a niche 250 a bench 55.00 sq for the shower floor deco extra, 18" x 18" tiles or lager extra, shelfs 100 each, bostik, profusion, or ceg lite grout, all extra
    read your TCNA book everynight
    and always use the white stuff that comes in the big bucket
    hope you charge 30 sqft to frame it's 2019 the end is near fist fuck the customer or stay home
    I should move to Kremmling and work in Summit County. Except then I'd have to live in K Town and work in Summit County. Fuck framing customs, that is hard work. About the only new construction I do these days is trim for just a few generals I've know for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You left off "scrubbing out buckets," but I hear you. I don't even really like tile except in showers and for backsplashes. Cold, hard surfaces in heating climates suck.

Everytime I read this thread I consider my planned second floor addition and my ass starts to hurt.
    I can't wait it build a single level with only LVP for flooring, 2bds. shop with an office, a house full of chickens and a yard full of hogs.

You spend enough time in $million houses you realize that it is just fucking stupid, people crying about the color of paint on the walls. Your second home ain't more important than my life. No I'm not gonna come by on a Saturday to discuss your closest systems. 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday are your options. I don't recommend late Friday.

I love my job and I do like to make people happy, but don't make it what it isn't. We all grew up this linoleum floor and laminate counters and me turned out fine.

You just described our house. Want to come to Gunnison and build it for me?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I can't wait it build a single level with only LVP for flooring, 2bds. shop with an office, a house full of chickens and a yard full of hogs.

You spend enough time in $million houses you realize that it is just fucking stupid, people crying about the color of paint on the walls. Your second home ain't more important than my life. No I'm not gonna come by on a Saturday to discuss your closest systems. 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday are your options. I don't recommend late Friday.

I love my job and I do like to make people happy, but don't make it what it isn't. We all grew up this linoleum floor and laminate counters and me turned out fine.
    When we started the maker space here the guy who fixed all the broken donated machines and made anything out of metal we needed had a full time job as a handyman for some megamansion. Among other things the $5000 Japanese toilets kept plugging up. I guess American shits are bigger than Japanese shits.

nothing wrong with a perfectly placed water jet in your shower installed to clean your ass hole for you

luxury is no accident

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We have a piece of the Berlin Wall we're milling down to fit. This is just the layout, not mortared in yet.
    i thought it might be for a teton/dead collaboration kruggerand or something....
    www.freeridesystems.com

anyone ever acquire mesetheleoma from huffing mdf.....got a few little projects going on and a lot of dust in my ears.... about 350sf worth so far....and why my post count is lagging over last few days....

before

Name:	IMG_3923.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	879.5 KB 
ID:	285322
    after

Name:	IMG_3933.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	285324
    www.freeridesystems.com

anyone ever acquire mesetheleoma from huffing mdf.....got a few little projects going on and a lot of dust in my ears.... about 350sf worth so far....and why my post count is lagging over last few days....

before

Name:	IMG_3923.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	879.5 KB 
ID:	285322
    after

Name:	IMG_3933.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	285324
    You should be using a dust extractor these days especially with MDF or similar product HEPA type filtration is best not just your old shop vac

Name:	Image1560224002.910385.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	285368
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    You should be using a dust extractor these days especially with MDF or similar product HEPA type filtration is best not just your old shop vac

Name:	Image1560224002.910385.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	285368
    ive been doing all the cuts outside...does that help?
    www.freeridesystems.com

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Certainly helps, part of the problem with MDF is the formaldehyde in the adhesive the other is sawdust is known to be a carcinogen and since MDF is basically sawdust and glue you get the picture another advantage to good dust extraction is you can be inside close to your work and not have to walk in and out all day long
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

2festool vaccums= 6 new pairs of skis

But they are great we have 5 or 6

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Those two vacuums will get you a pair of Volkls with about $37 left over,My last two pairs of skis were free
    Last edited by snoqpass; 06-11-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    MDF is the formaldehyde in the adhesive the other is sawdust is known to be a carcinogen and since MDF is basically sawdust and glue
    this should be illegal
    www.freeridesystems.com

expensive paint or expensive brush

discuss

prerequisites for this discussion:

be able to cut freehand (both hands) vertical/horizontal real deal mullions
    no razoring glass
    no tape
    no drop cloth
    www.freeridesystems.com

discuss

prerequisites for this discussion:

be able to cut freehand (both hands) vertical/horizontal real deal mullions
    no razoring glass
    no tape
    no drop cloth
    dream on

Yes.

And expensive rollers.

I will, however, use a drop cloth if there is any sort of carpet or fabric around just because multiple beers + whatever else = occasional lapse of concentration. I will also use tape if painting trim, but only if it needs painter's caulk to fill gaps, and then I will paint over the tape and use a new blade to cut as I pull the tape.