Page 242 of 385 FirstFirst ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 9615
    Oh boy

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Installed a new faucet in the downstairs suite kitchen tonight. Managed to kink the braided faucet hose while trying to thread through the counter-weight. Was only for a moment but damn it. Obviously low pressure application but any concern here? Tenants aren't the most attentive and apparently the old faucet was leaking for a while at the head joint before they noticed the water was pooling in the space below the sink. Don't want it to happen again and god knows if they'd ever notice a slow leak happening below the sink if the water simply flowed through the cabinet base to what lies beneath.

Sorry for the lack of dildo photos in this post.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

We are discussing a major remodel in Eagle County. Kitchen, bathrooms, flooring throughout, fireplace, decks (plus new hot tub?), exterior paint, finish the basement. $$$ will be flying out the door. Any contractor recommendations?

Any contractor recommendations?
    FastFred...seriously. $250-300K ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Installed a new faucet in the downstairs suite kitchen tonight. Managed to kink the braided faucet hose while trying to thread through the counter-weight. Was only for a moment but damn it. Obviously low pressure application but any concern here? Tenants aren't the most attentive and apparently the old faucet was leaking for a while at the head joint before they noticed the water was pooling in the space below the sink. Don't want it to happen again and god knows if they'd ever notice a slow leak happening below the sink if the water simply flowed through the cabinet base to what lies beneath.

Sorry for the lack of dildo photos in this post.
    I had one of those hoses fail recently after 8 years or so; it was replaceable but in my case it was a proprietary part and a real pain in the butt to thread through the faucet body. If it doesn't leak on installation, I suspect you're good for quite awhile. Maybe consider a leak alarm for under the sink and call it a day: https://www.amazon.com/water-leak-al...ter+leak+alarm

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

How do I support the sink from the dishwasher side? I'm not sure I follow exactly what I need to do here. Sorry I'm dense.
    We just went through this with our new counters and undremount Franke sink (was free, so we wanted to make it work...). Sink listed a cabinet minimum said 36", ours measured 34.5" - https://www.franke.com/us/en/hs/prod...95_detail.html

When the countertop guys came, they had me do a quick (and shitty) sawzall of the sink cabinet sides to drop them 1/4". They added some braces to the cabinet sides and put a brace across the dishwasher opening that looks similar to this: https://originalgranitebracket.com/p...33725523132513 [to support the counter tops and cabinet, not for the dishwasher]. Then they installed the sink with all of it's mounts/brackets.

The main issue we ran into was the front to back spacing and installing the faucet. We neglected to pay the countertop guys to do it and had a plumber friend help us out. He didn't have enough space to properly tighten the faucet in with normal methods/tools and it took a few trips and a custom cut block/shim to get it all right. Something to consider and measure, depending on your situation.

Otherwise very happy with the big ass, single basin sink.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    It can be tough to keep up sometimes.
    i'm def gonna have trouble keeping up with the tgr dong meme for home reno projects

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    FastFred...seriously. $250-300K ballpark.
    sounds low

TGAPP just got a raise and he hasn't even started work

I used to work avon to vail area, edwards maybe pushing it, I'm booked out till late fall next year anyways

150 sq ft for full house interior strip down rebuild, leave drywall (obviously demo'd as needed) is the starting point for costs

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    TGAPP just got a raise and he hasn't even started work

I used to work avon to vail area, edwards maybe pushing it, I'm booked out till late fall next year anyways

150 sq ft for full house interior strip down rebuild, leave drywall (obviously demo'd as needed) is the starting point for costs
    exterior work is not included in the 150sq ft

Bought something like that just in case, but I actually got it to work by putting a washer on the closet bolt and slipping both of them through the flange. Toilet is operational again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Well done? I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Well done? I guess?
    What do you mean? The fix worked. Isn't that the point of it?

What do you mean? The fix worked. Isn't that the point of it?

I think if you strapped that thing on while doing the self level pour it would have worked perfect the first time. Something about the guy with the big swinging dick gets things done....

Am I the only one who thinks that tgapp's project deserves its own thread, and it would certainly rate 5 stars?

As my uncle used to say, good enough for the girls we date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	396075

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	396076
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The important question is: do you still have all of your fingers, and were you impaled by the board on your first attempt at cutting the bevel with the table saw?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Uneventful. The only tragedy was using a 24t blade to do the cuts.

Nicely done! Will you do a transition strip for my house next?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Nicely done! Will you do a transition strip for my house next?
    Thanks! I’ll add you to the list. Between a glut of waiting projects, my turtle pace, and having to redo everything several times, I should have it done sometime in early 2023.

Alright, here's what I'm in the middle of...

Master shower lost pressure. It's not the shower head. I have it at about .6 gallons per minute where everything else in the bathroom is three times that. Happening with both the hot and cold. I pulled out the cold valve and that seemed fine (two handle faucet.) So I think it's a blockage after the valves.

I just took the showerhead off, spun the shower head pipe upside down, drained out the water, turned the valves closed, and filled the shower head pipe up with CLR down to the handle valves. Letting it sit for 20-30 minutes.

Who thinks it'll be improved when I turn the water back on? Not me, I'm afraid. Next step is the plumber but I thought I'd try this first.
    Last edited by EWG; 12-12-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Alright, here's what I'm in the middle of...

Master shower lost pressure. It's not the shower head. I have it at about .6 gallons per minute where everything else in the bathroom is three times that. Happening with both the hot and cold. I pulled out the cold valve and that seemed fine (two handle faucet.) So I think it's a blockage after the valves.

I just took the showerhead off, spun the shower head pipe upside down, drained out the water, turned the valves closed, and filled the shower head pipe up with CLR down to the handle valves. Letting it sit for 20-30 minutes.

Who thinks it'll be improved when I turn the water back on? Not me, I'm afraid. Next step is the plumber but I thought I'd try this first.
    First go round - if flow test is better it's not better by much. . Trying for another 25 minutes...

That makes no sense. Hella hard water to think it blocks the 1/2” pipe up to the shower head.
    If the waters that hard the shower head would be clogged long before.

It’s something else.
    But the separate hot cold valves makes it confusing.

Try removing the valve stem and having someone turn the water back on. If it gushes out the wall, your theory may be correct.

How old is the shower control?
    If it’s a newer two handle it might still have temperature balancing plates. Trying to look vintage but still having anti scald.
    . . .

I’ve had big chunks of shit dislodge from old galvanized pipes and clog things before but never a full pipe, especially if whatever it might be made it through through the hot/cold valves. If you’ve got some old Romex laying around, take one wire out of the loom and start fishing it down the shower head pipe with the water on (after you’ve flushed out the CLR of course). Maybe you’ll dislodge something.

I haven’t tried showering in it yet, but before I started it would fill a red solo cup up about 75% in 10 seconds. After the second time of CLR it was filling the entire cup up in 6 seconds. So I think significant improvement. We shall see in an hour when I try it out.

What sort of plumbing does your house have? It sounds like this is an old galvanized issue. I’ve also had the city work on pipes in the street and then my faucet filters all be full of little pebbles and chunks.