Page 222 of 380 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 9497
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Shift the radiator or get a shorter one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ding, ding, ding: we have a winner.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

The post is holding up a bed in a ski bum cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Nah, just wrap it in aluminum foil and call it a day.
    This was the answer I was hoping for, but I'm fearful it's still too risky. The rest of the cabin is a fucking tinderbox

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Cut post off at cinder block height. Insert cinder block below end of post. Drink a beer to celebrate a job well done.
    Honestly this was my first thought.

Thanks for all your input
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Nah, just wrap it in aluminum foil and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did that work with the Giant Sequoias? I think school is still out on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    The post is holding up a bed in a ski bum cabin.

Why didn't you say so in the first place? As long as there's a window upstairs that people can jump through into a snow bank, just leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Oh get the fuck outta here. You’re so fucking obtuse. I bet you’re this obtuse with your clients too, which is why they’re blowing you the fuck up all the time. Did anything I quoted in fastfred’s post have anything at all to do with the inherent dangers and concomitant emotional trauma of the construction trade?
    are you ok? do you need a hug? is that tie you wear to work make you feel like your getting strangled every day? adele has a new album coming out I'm excited are you?

and can you use the work abtuse and fuck a few more times I'll look up the concomitant sounds like congugal to me

@Bronic - go to the Habitat restore and get a few ceramic tiles and glue them on the heat side of the post. Even a piece of gypsum sheetrock will do.
    Both are heat resistant. Think tiles on a space shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Suffice it to say that the skills and aptitudes that make one a good carpenter do not translate well in to preparing bids and figuring out estimated taxes every quarter.
    every quarter? shit man I have to pay the feds every 2 weeks ue and state taxes are every quarter

and yeah you are very right I couldn't figure out how to pay taxes if my life depended on it thats why I have people who do that for me giving the govt 3-4k every two weeks is sickening and they just suck that shit out of my account then four times a year I have to sit down and they explain my finances to me and taxes and I just sit there nodding my head acting like I'm paying attention and trying not to drool running a business is hard work

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    every quarter? shit man I have to pay the feds every 2 weeks ue and state taxes are every quarter

and yeah you are very right I couldn't figure out how to pay taxes if my life depended on it thats why I have people who do that for me giving the govt 3-4k every two weeks is sickening and they just suck that shit out of my account then four times a year I have to sit down and they explain my finances to me and taxes and I just sit there nodding my head acting like I'm paying attention and trying not to drool running a business is hard work
    A big reason I worked for Kaiser was so I could do what I loved--operate, collect a salary, and let someone else deal with the business. I've never regretted that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck my wife
    She always wants to seal or stain cedar. Which defeats the whole point of cedar.
    Cedar is as cedar does. Let it be.
    Pics please.

A big reason I worked for Kaiser was so I could do what I loved--operate, collect a salary, and let someone else deal with the business. I've never regretted that decision.
    one of my MD buddies claims that orthopedic surgery is in fact just good carpentry

he also ribs his brother that he is not a real doctor ... just a radiologist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    one of my MD buddies claims that orthopedic surgery is in fact just good carpentry

he also ribs his brother that he is not a real doctor ... just a radiologist
    From what I can tell good ortho is really tough carpentry--getting the angles and lengths right on complex fractures and joint replacement is very precise work. OTOH woodworking is a lot tougher than general and vascular surgery--tolerances in wood worker are much tighter and wood isn't flexible and it doesn't heal.

From what I can tell good ortho is really tough carpentry--getting the angles and lengths right on complex fractures and joint replacement is very precise work. OTOH woodworking is a lot tougher than general and vascular surgery--tolerances in wood worker are much tighter and wood isn't flexible and it doesn't heal.
    thats scary
    maybe thats why the dr kept saying he put the biggest valve in he could and we don't need to worry about the hole yet it's not big enough to worry about

same guy said " but it is kinda important so you really want a guy who is anal about getting it right "

so in the last sentance are you talking about wood work being easier than vascular surgery or about woodworkers who cut themselves not healing well ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    same guy said " but it is kinda important so you really want a guy who is anal about getting it right "

so in the last sentance are you talking about wood work being easier than vascular surgery or about woodworkers who cut themselves not healing well ?
    Woodworking is harder than surgery. As I said --tighter tolerances with woodworking, no flexibility and the wood doesn't heal if you make a mistake. Plus no one can see what it looks like on the inside, only the skin stitches. Plus if surgery doesn't work you can always blame the patient. With woodworking you try to make it perfect. With surgery you can't make it perfect; the hard part is knowing how imperfect is ok. There's always some bleeding at the end--how much is too much. The arteries you're sewing to are diseased--how diseased is too much for the surgery to work. The saying is--the opposite of good is better. Time on the operating table matters too--infection rate and other complications go up with time.

As far as cutting themselves--using the guard on the table saw doesn't make you less manly. People at the Truckee Roundhouse for some reason refuse to use the guard. It's a SawStop, but the brake doesn't prevent kickbacks, and people have been hurt. And if you trigger the brake it costs at least $150 for a new brake and blade and no one can use the saw until we get it fixed.

i have a question not related to the venn diagram of cardiovascular surgery and power tools

(or maybe it is?)

i'm trying to finalize plans for a kitchen remodel, and i'd like to plumb in my espresso machine, if possible. plumbing a machine requires two lines, one for the waste water and one off of the water line.

our kitchen is a funny shape, with an L shaped exterior wall (present in attached picture) and a dishwasher sitting between where the espresso bar is and where the sink is. dishwashers usually have a bunch of dead space, so my question is, can i sneak the water supply and drain line through the back of the dishwasher, around the corner, and into the water hookups?

Name:  kitchen help.png
Views: 418
Size:  41.4 KB
    red and blue are supply and drain lines, sink is visible, sorry for shitty drawing

also thank you for pointing out the absurdity of my self leveling plan. back to the drawing board on that one

Yes, there will be plenty of space behind the DW to run those lines.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

We ran the water to our fridge behind our DW and there is tons of space still

I'm guessing a espresso machine just uses a 1/4" supply like a ice maker line. I have to idea what the waste looks like. Overly simplified, water can go uphill because it is pressurized, waste has to gravity unless it is pumped like a dishwasher.

I'd be looking at two things. First is how do the waste and supply trim against the the countertop or wall (how to they connect to the machine). Second there is room behind a dishwasher but there is not that much room. Assuming you will use a 1 1/2 waste to get under the sink, make sure there is enough room to get that sanitary tee in there. You won't have any room on the side of your dishwasher so you need to get in all done in the back. The void on a dishwasher in usually biggest to the top. What is the cabinet design below the espresso machine? You'll probably want to shorten the depth of the draw assuming there is one.

So yeah, the right time to ask the question is now or else you may be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I'm guessing a espresso machine just uses a 1/4" supply like a ice maker line. I have to idea what the waste looks like. Overly simplified, water can go uphill because it is pressurized, waste has to gravity unless it is pumped like a dishwasher.

I'd be looking at two things. First is how do the waste and supply trim against the the countertop or wall (how to they connect to the machine). Second there is room behind a dishwasher but there is not that much room. Assuming you will use a 1 1/2 waste to get under the sink, make sure there is enough room to get that sanitary tee in there. You won't have any room on the side of your dishwasher so you need to get in all done in the back. The void on a dishwasher in usually biggest to the top. What is the cabinet design below the espresso machine? You'll probably want to shorten the depth of the draw assuming there is one.

So yeah, the right time to ask the question is now or else you may be fucked.
    Thanks Foggy. Both lines connect under the machine, towards the back of it. Usually how this is done is by a 1" hole in the countertop, with the lines snaking down and out. Both lines look like braided toilet supply lines, if that makes sense.

I may just plumb the water in and leave the drain unplumbed.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Is the drain just for the spill tray or whatever it is called?

Is the drain just for the spill tray or whatever it is called?
    Yep. It's just knockout in the bottom of the spill tray with a barb fitting on it. Pretty basic.

Draw it up in Trimble Sketch up. Then you will know for sure.

Don’t assume any dimensions if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Yep. It's just knockout in the bottom of the spill tray with a barb fitting on it. Pretty basic.

Yeah, that's just nasty commercial bullshit. Those get called out by Health Inspectors all the time just. If it ain't PVC or ABS don't use it as a drain.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Draw it up in Trimble Sketch up. Then you will know for sure.

Don’t assume any dimensions if you can.
    Holy fuck, are you are engineer? We don't need MEP for a god dink supply line to a coffee machine. The guys that get dirty for a living got in fingered.

Holy fuck, are you are engineer? We don't need MEP for a god dink supply line to a coffee machine. The guys that get dirty for a living got in fingered.
    How’d you guess?

The guys that get dirty for a living got in fingered.
    I always suspected this