Page 247 of 380 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 9497
    New house is continuing the stream of fun finds. Dishwasher is an old kitchen aid by Hobart and leaks a bunch out the bottom. We want to remodel the kitchen in a couple years (ie asap in todays market). I can just buy a new one now and keep it in later right? Leaning Bosc unless someone can convince me otherwise, probably to 500 series that will auto vent so out Tupperware will actually dry.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    New house is continuing the stream of fun finds. Dishwasher is an old kitchen aid by Hobart and leaks a bunch out the bottom. We want to remodel the kitchen in a couple years (ie asap in todays market). I can just buy a new one now and keep it in later right? Leaning Bosc unless someone can convince me otherwise, probably to 500 series that will auto vent so out Tupperware will actually dry.
    Standard DW is 24" so unless you plan on some fancy Fischer Paykle [sp?] during the remodel a quick measurement will give you the answer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    FWIW, 4 of the top 5 dishwashers on CR are Bosch, and the 300 is Wirecutter’s top pick but they say to sport for the 500 or 800 if you don’t want wet plastic.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    FWIW, 4 of the top 5 dishwashers on CR are Bosch, and the 300 is Wirecutter’s top pick but they say to sport for the 500 or 800 if you don’t want wet plastic.
    Very happy Bosch owner checking in here. Best dishwasher I've ever had. Won't likely ever buy anything else.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

FWIW we just replaced our last DW with the 500 series Bosch. I like the auto-air energy efficiency compared to the fan dry of the last unit. It's quiet, but the racks and slides look like a weak point. Wifey was irritated that it's not fingerprint resistant SS.

For some reason our household murders dishwashers. I'm really hoping to get more than a few years out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    FWIW we just replaced our last DW with the 500 series Bosch. I like the auto-air energy efficiency compared to the fan dry of the last unit. It's quiet, but the racks and slides look like a weak point. Wifey was irritated that it's not fingerprint resistant SS.

For some reason our household murders dishwashers. I'm really hoping to get more than a few years out of this one.
    huh yeah we were told by a few friends of ours to skip the 500 series. either go 300 or 800.

what's curious is that the 300 is sold in a panel ready (built in look) model, and the 800 is as well, but not the 300

Any reasons for this advice given? I want dry plastic since we often have a lot in there and on a feature basis the 800 doesn’t seem to offer much over the 500 that I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    huh yeah we were told by a few friends of ours to skip the 500 series. either go 300 or 800.

what's curious is that the 300 is sold in a panel ready (built in look) model, and the 800 is as well, but not the 300

I thought Bosch was the way to go too. I was not really impressed by ours, so eventually ended up spending a few bucks more on a highly rated Maytag that is a much better machine. Super quiet, cleans really well and the dishes are pretty much dry when the cycle is done. We have had it 3-4 years now with no complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Very happy Bosch owner checking in here. Best dishwasher I've ever had. Won't likely ever buy anything else.

how well does it clean dildo's? asking for a friend in the business

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I thought Bosch was the way to go too. I was not really impressed by ours, so eventually ended up spending a few bucks more on a highly rated Maytag that is a much better machine. Super quiet, cleans really well and the dishes are pretty much dry when the cycle is done. We have had it 3-4 years now with no complaints.
    Been through a few Bosch and Asko units in the last 20 years. My take away is all home appliances have a short life these days. Buy a high end domestic brand and save yourself the hassle and some.money.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    If a dishwasher can clean a chainsaw powerhead, a dildo should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    use toy cleaner ya fuckin animal

my dishes go in there

Have an Electrolux dishwasher that we got in '15. One issue, handled under warranty in '16 and no issues since.

Gets dishes nice and clean.

Have never used the drying feature - always air-dry.

Stainless tub and exterior.

Bosch or Miele

Nothing else for me.
    . . .

My friend remodeled their kitchen this summer. They bought all the appliances early, then found subcontractors, and by the time the stove was installed, the peizo ignitor would not ignite. Since they had it for over 30 days, Home Depot (or Lowes? pretty sure HD) would not do anything for a return, warranty, etc. The company (not sure which brand) has been basically useless with understaffed customer service and no supplies/parts. She's kinda pissed they spent thousands for her dream kitchen and she's lighting the stove with a lighter because they ordered the appliances so early.

We're currently painting a hallway and 2 bedrooms in this junky old house. Took all morning to scrape, clean, fill holes, tape, finally getting the rollers wet. I wanna find a guy that will prep it all then just let me come in and actually paint.

Bosch 800 with crystal dry is what we have - it's great. Crystal Dry is magic, though your dishes will be red hot when they come out. Also quieter by a few db.

Came home during the tail end of last night's storm, wife took a bath to get a reprieve from my drunk ass. When she turned on the fan the receptacles for the light and fire alarm in the back room started leaking through.

We live in a very affordable rental with an incompetent landlord. He insists on doing his own work and I often clean things up afterwards because the price is right. He is coming tomorrow to 'fix the leak', from his previous repairs I assume that will amount to little.

What do I need to be on the lookout for? My wife is primarily concerned with electrical issues causing a fire. The house is 120 y/o and my impression is most wires behind the walls/ceiling are dated. Mold issues are what they are, we will only be here for four more months.

We're waiting on the delivery of our new dishwasher later this month. I'll just chime in to say fuck Samsung appliances. Our Samsung fridge only lasted 3 years and the dishwasher it made it 2. The features were amazing when they worked, but I'm done with that brand.

Fuck, that blows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

You guys have fucking dishwashers? Jesus, I should’ve gone to dental school.

LOL wifey and I had been together 12 years and lived in five places before we had a dishwasher. It still took another couple years and two more places before we had our own clothes washer and dryer.

[QUOTE=Touring_Sedan;6516429]We're waiting on the delivery of our new dishwasher later this month. I'll just chime in to say fuck Samsung appliances. Our Samsung fridge only lasted 3 years and the dishwasher it made it 2. The features were amazing when they worked, but I'm done with that brand.

[QUOTE]

Yeah, BTDT, youtube and the innanet are great but I'm over fixing dishwashers.

Agreed . Whirlpool/kitchen aid for the dishwasher

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Agreed . Whirlpool/kitchen aid for the dishwasher
    Oh god no.

Whirlpool was once great.
    Used to make them in Benton Harlem MI.

Junk now.

And yes. Whoever said fuck Samsung. Yes. Fuck them.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You guys have fucking dishwashers? Jesus, I should’ve gone to dental school.

Do not have intercourse with the dishwasher.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.