Page 207 of 380 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 9497
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    He's a cheap old rich fucker. He thinks that shit should cost 'bout tree-fiddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    What do you expect it to cost and why? Hint: shit costs money. Make sure to price out equipment, disposal, concrete, prep, labor etc. Start adding by $thousands and see where you get to.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Red-assed richers always bring the lulz
    Woke up to a $10k bid for the whole shebang. Thanks for the above useless comments. EWG, my bad it is 550 sq ft.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

$1K/day for cabinet installs
    This is what I see in a million dollar house. It fucking kills me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210914_153010326 (1).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	385635
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210914_153010326.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	940.8 KB 
ID:	385634  

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Woke up to a $10k bid for the whole shebang. Thanks for the above useless comments. EWG, my bad it is 550 sq ft.
    Welcome to the internet! Make sure you get a Certificate of Insurance naming you as specifically insured, a written defined scope of work with terms for contingencies and a building permit on-site before the work starts. You should probably do locates as well.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Smart ass, there are tools on the internet, put in your zip code, amount of square feet, check the other special boxes that may apply to the job and the highest number I saw was $9k. Hence my question and ya, I spend so much fuckin money day to day, I need to be sure I am not getting fucked.
    your joking about this right?
    I get one call a week people wondering if I can "help them out" since their contractor could be there tomorrow and the price was so low and now everything is a mess
    I'm a minimum of six months out and booked most of next year I tell them I can send a contract over give me a deposit and I'll spend an hour with them and come take a look at everything after that i might be able to give them a written estimate to finish fix but that will take 3 or 4 months to do

what bandi mtn posted is great see that shit all the time
    that is not plumbing in a million dollar home that is trailer park plumbing
    pex is so easy everyone can do it

the poor suckers next door to a job agreed with somthing stupid to do a project in a short window between short term renters they are struggling asked them how much they charged I just laughed I don't feel sorry for anyone

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

hey sorry for the jong question but i lurk this thread because i don't know what the fuck i am doing, and all of you pro's provide super useful context. what's wrong with this? just that they cut out the cabinet for the drain hole super sloppy?

what bandi mtn posted is great see that shit all the time
    that is not plumbing in a million dollar home that is trailer park plumbing
    Waste in the wall, supply in the floor is hack. If you are gonna do that, don't glue in the PVC. That's why the trimmer went hack because he didn't have the skills or the patience to wrestle the sink base in 3d. Painter should be fired for not masking the pex.

The square hole annoys me more than the pex.

Harbor freight sells a hole saw kit for $11
    Not quality. But good enough for cabinets.

So the pex should come up through the base as copper? I guess.

I think it’s more annoying to see flex toilet supply lines in high end houses.
    Way more visible than under counter lines.

But yeah. Why supply in the floor?
    So much easier to set a cabinet when it’s all wall based.
    . . .

Yeah, that's blow and go work. Pure hackery. I wouldn't let an installer do that in a $300,000 starter home. Plumbing should be cut in with hole saws and then trimmed with escutcheons. Those donkey dick paint covered pex risers should have been clean copper risers (with escutcheons), and stops lined up.

Here's another mess from not long ago. I love how the plumber put the escutcheons on the supply lines, at least he did his part. This place was only $750,000, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Name:	956121741967797872.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	385641

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    hey sorry for the jong question but i lurk this thread because i don't know what the fuck i am doing, and all of you pro's provide super useful context. what's wrong with this? just that they cut out the cabinet for the drain hole super sloppy?
    Among other things. When you work on stupid expensive houses, you reality need to move so far beyond acceptable and functional. So for a sink base, when you open the doors, you should see as little as possible of the plumbing and what you do see should be perfect.

Its a silly game but it is how I pay my bills. Basically, you try and make every little thing as awesome as possible until it gets to be second nature. It's how you go from B- to A and why build costs are >$1K. Plenty of semi-production developers charge A and give B- and put the rest in the bank.

Who needs hole saws?

Name:	IMG_20210917_084438.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	385642

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The square hole annoys me more than the pex.

Harbor freight sells a hole saw kit for $11
    Not quality. But good enough for cabinets.

So the pex should come up through the base as copper? I guess.

I think it’s more annoying to see flex toilet supply lines in high end houses.
    Way more visible than under counter lines.

But yeah. Why supply in the floor?
    So much easier to set a cabinet when it’s all wall based.
    Can't have supply lines in exterior walls here, they'll freeze.

Here's another mess from not long ago
    Weed much? When I lay out cabinet holes I always do it on the back and put the box next to where it goes before I drill. As my Dad would say, "Does it fuckin' look right?"

Among other things. When you work on stupid expensive houses, you reality need to move so far beyond acceptable and functional. So for a sink base, when you open the doors, you should see as little as possible of the plumbing and what you do see should be perfect.

Its a silly game but it is how I pay my bills. Basically, you try and make every little thing as awesome as possible until it gets to be second nature. It's how you go from B- to A and why build costs are >$1K. Plenty of semi-production developers charge A and give B- and put the rest in the bank.
    Yeah makes sense. When I look at a job like that I think "I could pull that off". When I look at a real pro's job I scratch my head and think "how in the fuck..."

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Name:	956121741967797872.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	385641
    My first reaction is to laugh. That shit's hilarious.
    Second is thinking how sadly pathetic it is.

Can't have supply lines in exterior walls here, they'll freeze.
    The beauty of PEX is it generally won't burst, so no problem! The bad is you cannot heat it up like copper to melt the ice.

And hey, measuring and cutting holes is tough. Those tape measures have all kinds of little lines and they can be confusing. So if you just randomly cut a bunch of holes you're bound to make those pipes fit through. Git-r-done!

Like Foggy said, it's great when the plumbers don't glue in the drain line until after cabinet install. But, when I remodeled out kitchen last year the installer was struggling to get the sink box in with the drain on the wall and supply in the floor. I told him the drain line wasn't glued in and he looked at me like I was crazy. I went over and pulled the line out for him and it was something he'd never seen before.

Way back when I was running a cabinet shop, we got tired of the installers screwing up the sink cabinet cut outs so we started making the sink cabs with just a nailer across the top and bottom and a loose 1/4" back that fit from the inside. Installer could flail around, get everything installed and than measure the cut outs from the inside of the sink cab. Measure the holes on the 1/4" back and cut them on some burros, and then screw the back in. And if/when they screwed that up, they could cut another back out of some 1/4" and give it another go.

Homie measured right just in the wrong spot....ISBM that is pretty much HD Style except they don't even put a back on vanities.

I like how everybody has a cabinet butcher pic ready to go at a moment's notice. Rampant.

To me the most offensive thing about that is the particle board cabinet. OTOH around here a trailer is a million dollar home so that work would not be out of place.

I didn't do the plumbing but I did install the cabinets. Guess I need to find an escutcheon for the waste.

Name:	plumbing.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	839.6 KB 
ID:	385658

Looks way out of plumb.

Looks like it has enough slope, but that P trap isn’t gonna do much.
    focus.

What do I do with this?

Name:	20210917_134705.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	667.4 KB 
ID:	385665
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

High five the drywaller, fire the plumber?

Have the painter paint eyes and teeth.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Legit with taxes and insurance doesn’t seem that high to me. Two coats everywhere and three on some. The owner was on vacation and didn’t work but he has to make money too and I didn’t count lunch as part of work day.

Even my ghetto painter back in hood was up to $40-50 hr day rate from $25 a few years ago.
    Workman's comp, a shop, shop truck/van+ ins.. The list goes on...
    Pump speeds shit up, but that costs $$ too