Page 100 of 384 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 9597
    Is there any good reason the water inlet coupling of a clothes washer is plastic, where the metal junction of the hoses are metal?
    Super easy to cross thread those and get them chewed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is there any good reason the water inlet coupling of a clothes washer is plastic, where the metal junction of the hoses are metal?
    Super easy to cross thread those and get them chewed up.
    cause it's cheap, metal costs more and some bean counter figured out how to get the price low so people will buy it and save money on fabrication so they profit
    don't ever buy a toilet at a big box store, you buy them at a plumbing supply place and the connection is brass not plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yikes. Someone PM fastfred.
    1800 - 2400 is the typical shower door cost

Before......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4487.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	345001

After...

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62527669960__9959837E-314C-4F1C-A8E6-26DC18E36688.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	345003

ETA I have no idea why the fuck the pics are sideways.......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Before......

After...

The pic uploader here doesn't like vertical pics

But that looks nice- can you come do mine now?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    The pic uploader here doesn't like vertical pics

But that looks nice- can you come do mine now?
    Lolz.....Thanks and I am officially retiring from tile work after I am done.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Before......

After...

Nice.
    I'm debating on how to tile my niche sides. I'm using glass subway tile and no bullnose is available. I see you ran yours horiz in, or I may put them vertical and overlap the joint or use a ss framing strip. Glass tile is a bit of a PITA to cut, which I didn't realize until after my wife ordered it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Nice.
    I'm debating on how to tile my niche walls. I'm using glass subway tile and no bullnose is available. I see you ran yours horiz in, or I may put them vertical and overlap the joint or use a ss framing strip. Glass tile is a bit of a PITA to cut, which I didn't realize until after my wife ordered it.
    Schluter edge trim.

www.schluter.com
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Nice.
    I'm debating on how to tile my niche sides. I'm using glass subway tile and no bullnose is available. I see you ran yours horiz in, or I may put them vertical and overlap the joint or use a ss framing strip. Glass tile is a bit of a PITA to cut, which I didn't realize until after my wife ordered it.
    Full disclosure I would have been totally lost if my buddy hadn't helped (read- show me exactly what to do).....Floor is next.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Schluter edge trim.

www.schluter.com
    That's cool!
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Yes, that's one option, as SS. I don't want aluminum as I can see it oxidizing.

That's cool!
    They have a line of prefab niches too so you don't have to worry about water infiltration behind the tile, as well as full length pieces for wall inner and outer corner reveals. Good system, looks really sharp.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Some of their lines has stainless as a material option, but I do believe their aluminum is coated so oxidizing shouldn't be big concern.

dremel w/ a polishing bit
    you can finish glass edge pretty easily**

** glossy anyway & "easy" doesn't mean it won't be a bunch of anal detailed labor tho

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Spendy for sure, but cool stuff. And at least your top-dollar shower door is helping some neighbor buy craft beer and organic kale
    regarding the pulls anyway, Etsy can be your friend for less spendy stuff

the engineering on the slider hardware is high end and you can't get comparable without putting some cash down

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

** glossy anyway & "easy" doesn't mean it won't be a bunch of anal detailed labor tho
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try that--its only like 8 tiles I have to deal with.

TR - circling back to hardware, I love this company: https://www.lowe-hardware.com/hardware-catalogue/

Lots of cool stuff. All made in Maine by Maineiacs. Spendy. Not high fashion, more trad with a marine/yacht bent.

Looks nice, like old Baldwin before they started making stuff thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

I don't think this is the problem so much as regular tile saws creating a jagged edge on the backing. I have seen repeatedly on multiple professionally done glass tile installs that have this problem, including on jobs where the GC otherwise was exceptionally hard on every other trade. It is usually easiest to see on inside corners.

Looks nice, like old Baldwin before they started making stuff thinner.
    Even little pieces are heavy. I especially like a lot of the knobs and some of the recessed pulls are super nice.
    Last edited by ötzi; 10-26-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Some of their lines has stainless as a material option, but I do believe their aluminum is coated so oxidizing shouldn't be big concern.
    correct .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I don't think this is the problem so much as regular tile saws creating a jagged edge on the backing. I have seen repeatedly on multiple professionally done glass tile installs that have this problem, including on jobs where the GC otherwise was exceptionally hard on every other trade. It is usually easiest to see on inside corners.
    That is a problem. I switched blades on the tile saw to a Pearl P5 glass blade (~$75-100) and now the cuts are coming out extremely clean. Also slow the feed rate or up the water flow with glass so blade doesn't get too hot and crack the glass. Then every 25-30 cuts run the blade through a rubbing stone to clean the diamonds up.
    = more work than ceramic tiles.

And then you have to use a different glass thinset to set them, and then you have to use unsanded grout.

So unless you just gotta have glass tile...

That is a problem. I switched blades on the tile saw to a Pearl P5 glass blade (~$75-100) and now the cuts are coming out extremely clean. Also slow the feed rate or up the water flow with glass so blade doesn't get too hot and crack the glass. Then every 25-30 cuts run the blade through a rubbing stone to clean the diamonds up.
    = more work than ceramic tiles.

And then you have to use a different glass thinset to set them, and then you have to use unsanded grout.

So unless you just gotta have glass tile...
    Exactly. And...some of the cheesy mosaics actually just have paper in the back of the glass instead of colored glass and it get ruined by the wet saw. I like tile but I hate doing it for money.

Looking for some aesthetic input to navigate a window job please. We’ve got plans to add sliders on the right hand side which runs the length of the great room, in black. Directly in front, black picture window. Question is; above on the poly shaped insulated glass- would you do upgraded insulated panes or true frame to match the rest of the windows and sliders? I question because it will decrease the size of opening and add some visual interruption.?
    Also on the fence about whether white interior or black on interior - (definitely) with black exterior. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6604.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	345653

Instead of sliders get single hung windows on each end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Instead of sliders get single hung windows on each end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yup. We are doing that exact thing for venting. Our kitchen is at the other end. Do you have opinion on my question? Thanks