Page 279 of 385 FirstFirst ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 9618
    People here seem to know their shit, so what's the best toilet for under $300? Plumber suggests Kohler High Line, any thoughts? In the past I've been happy with Toto, but we spent all our money buying a house and can't afford pricey shitters anymore.

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

The one with the least “features”
    Dumb old school
    Simple
    Cheapest one
    Then get a seat you can live with

IME most of the $200+ toilets are fine. The $99 ones are not.

Do not buy a strangely shaped or 1-piece toilet because it will inhibit the eventual, inevitable installation of a Japanese style bidet seat. Everyone should have one of those. I don't even give clients the option anymore: it's part of any bathroom remodel I do.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    People here seem to know their shit, so what's the best toilet for under $300? Plumber suggests Kohler High Line, any thoughts? In the past I've been happy with Toto, but we spent all our money buying a house and can't afford pricey shitters anymore.
    I think the main thing is identifying if you like an oval or round bowl and the height. We put a cheap American standard in our in law apt and it’s my favorite shitter now

just put an outhouse out back and live with the divorce

If I remember right that's what a plumber told me about 5 years ago at a rental except they were under $200 then.

How many pool balls should it be able to flush? That seems to be the major selling point for all the big box store toilets I’ve seen

plan on speending at least 300 bucks for a good toilet
    then another 50 on a premo seat

no one should ever have a crappy shitter you might ask what is my knowledge well I buy lots of shitters and I swap mine out every couple years so I can test out a toilet and make sure I'm refering good toilets to my customers hell I buy at least 15 a year

so the highline and cimmeron have been my gotos lately past five or so years prolly longer but I can't remember much
    I will only buy kholer these days when it comes to turd collectors

second up is a american standard cadet
    I have been told that toto is great for splatter cause it some how is able to clean most of it off with a flush

do not every buy a shitter at a big box store always buy it at a plumbing supply house

so yeah buy the fucking highline elongated bowl comfort hieght with a self closing koholer lid skip the bidet add on and get your wife to eat your ass instead

No one will want to eat your ass if it's nasty. If you got poop on your hands would you just wipe it off with dry paper? No, you'd fucking wash your hands.

Get a bidet, wash your ass, enjoy the eating.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Do not buy a strangely shaped or 1-piece toilet because it will inhibit the eventual, inevitable installation of a Japanese style bidet seat. Everyone should have one of those.
    We have a fancy one with a water heater that we brought from our PDX house, just have to run power.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    If I remember right that's what a plumber told me about 5 years ago at a rental except they were under $200 then.
    There's a whole Highline family now, there are still some under $200 then they go up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How many pool balls should it be able to flush? That seems to be the major selling point for all the big box store toilets I’ve seen
    I read some article that Toto tests using miso paste. More accurate, but makes you look at miso in a whole new light.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    so yeah buy the fucking highline elongated bowl comfort hieght with a self closing koholer lid skip the bidet add on and get your wife to eat your ass instead
    I appreciate the professional opinion, but you know, I kiss that mouth. Maybe a question for the "would you eat it?" thread.

get your wife to eat your ass instead
    and he wonders why he's single

shit faced post last nite was just trying to help

unfortunately I was hanging out with simple last week and he imparted much great wisdom the whole time
    the downfall is he said "she was so hot I'd eat her ass" so I kinda latched onto that and for the past week or so I've been rating girls on would I eat her ass or not?

carry on........... toilets.................

unfortunately I was hanging out with simple last week and he imparted much great wisdom the whole time
    the downfall is he said "she was so hot I'd eat her ass" so I kinda latched onto that and for the past week or so I've been rating girls on would I eat her ass or not?

haha, no worries, I really did appreciate your thumbs up for the highline as someone who's keeping on top of the latest and greatest

I put in a 67 $ Bidet attachment from amazon just before covid lock down and I'm still on the same package of TP from > 2 yrs ago, I think some people like Bidets and some people don't

Consider If you didnt skip that bidet the % of women " so hot I'd eat her ass " might go way up ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-28-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Why not treat yourself to a Ferguson?

You’ve earned it.

Name:  Image1656431571.618942.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  47.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's the mighty Ferguson.

Why would anyone prefer a round bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why would anyone prefer a round bowl?
    no undercarriage to worry about?

Yeah, one of the toilets I'm planning to replace is a round bowl. I'm like a bird perching on the top of a phone pole. Undercarriage is definitely a factor

My sister-in-law had a toilet that starting spraying water from the fill valve a couple years ago and she called a plumber. The plumber told her he'd have to "rebuild the bowl" and her best option might be just to replace the entire toilet, which she did to the tune of nearly $1,000 when the cost of the plumber's labor was added in. The same thing happened to a different toilet a couple months ago and I told her don't even think about calling a plumber. This is literally a $20 fix that takes about 15 minutes. Luckily she actually listened to me and I fixed it for her. Pretty egregious that a plumber convinced her to replace the entire toilet for something like this.

Yeah, one of the toilets I'm planning to replace is a round bowl. I'm like a bird perching on the top of a phone pole. Undercarriage is definitely a factor
    Where’s the dick waving emoticon.

The copper pipe attached to my hose line cracked- The antisiphon adapter was leaking all over the place and we noticed some seemed to be coming from behind the wall too. I usually try to unhook the hose even in our mild Seattle winters but maybe we forgot. Anyway...

The copper section of pipe is not that long, so not sure what the best course of action here is. I can't pull it out much more than pictured. Never soldered pipe, not afraid to try but I don't have anything pipe related other than a blowtorch. I think a coupling would fit back in the hole. The white hose runs under my front porch essentially outdoors for a good 10 feet too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipe.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	420412
    Last edited by Garbowski; 07-01-2022 at 12:01 PM.

I would maybe think about Pex instead of copper. We had this happen once and the plumber practically insisted. I don’t think Pex breaks of it freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I would maybe think about Pex instead of copper. We had this happen once and the plumber practically insisted. I don’t think Pex breaks of it freezes.
    correct, it can expand by an incredible amount

Pex. And sharkbites
    Easy.