Page 288 of 384 FirstFirst ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 9593
    Hey do any of you own/recommend a decent home pressure washer?
    Do I need a fully full on pressure washer machine or would one of those high pressure guns you screw onto your hose be adequate for the occasional cleaning of the patio pavers and the super bug gunk from the thule, etc?
    Thanks!
    ps maybe not the right thread- tools perhaps? anyway this was the first one I saw that was applicable so TY in advance
    skid luxury

we have a no-name with a Honda engine in it that was $300 or so at Home Depot about 8yrs ago
    it goes like a champ with little care
    it's got a soap dispenser if you need that
    depending on the sprayer tip angle, you get different pressures: from take the hide off a moose to rinse grandma

it's most like this one (tho this is Dewalt-badged): https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-3...3123/319720758

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Do I need a fully full on pressure washer machine or would one of those high pressure guns you screw onto your hose be adequate for the occasional cleaning of the patio pavers and the super bug gunk from the thule, etc?
    Thanks!
    ps maybe not the right thread- tools perhaps? anyway this was the first one I saw that was applicable so TY in advance
    I’m in the same boat and have decided just to go with the cheapie Sun Joe electric model. Around 2000 psi is enough for light duty jobs like you described and they’re under $200 online.

And for infrequently used appliances like this I hate gas motors. It’s such a hassle having a gas can around, then not leaving gas in the machine in the hot garage, then winterizing everything. I’ve replaced multiple carbs on my chainsaw and am converting all my tools over to electric.

FWIW, I tried using an electric pressure washer, but had to return it because it tripped the GFCI outlets in my garage. If you don't have those in the garage, you may be OK then.

I ended up with a gas powered Generac, 3000psi. Plenty powerful for my home use.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I likely have that Sunjo and it has been good to me for 4-5 years. That said, the concrete in the side yard really needs a solid cleaning and the Sunjo isn't up to the task in any sort of expedient manner. I need way more PSI.

That is odd El Chup as I have those GFCI plugs around the yard and have no tripping issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We have an electric Ryobi 1800psi 1.2 gpm that works ok cleaning the deck after the masons got some mortar on it. It's lunchbox size, not inlcuding hose, cord, and wand, so light and easy to move around. It replaces a standup Husky that leaks badly and doesn't produce any more pressure and is much heavier. I don't know how it compares to a hose attachment high pressure nozzle. The deal with all these things is that you get pressure at the expense of flow, so I usually rinse with a low pressure, high volume hose after pressure washing. If you want pressure and volume both I think you need gas.

The electric sun joe gets rave reviews and is probably fine for your use.

I bought a Simpson with their engine (Honda clone). I'm on year 3 with it, I wash the house 1x per year, the tractor and vehicles a couples times a month on average. I needed the higher pressure to run a wet sand blast, happy with it but I know the cheap(ish) pump will burn out.

I have used my Sunjo to pressure wash 4 homes for paint prep and use it weekly to blast the yard down. For deep cleaning in a timely fashion, I am convinced you need 3kpsi+.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Here ya go BB. I think I will order one too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-15 174846.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	423860
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-12 091305.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	423859  

This is uncanny.

Thanks!
    If you're just cleaning cars, bikes, plastic, etc, something around 2000 psi would be fine. If you want to clean wood or concrete, you'll want at least 2500 psi. Personally, I like the 3000 range. Keep in mind, you can typically throttle down gas models to lower the pressure.

Currently I have a 600 psi, 18V battery powered Ryobi model. It's perfect for rinsing off the fatbikes in the winter, paddleboards in the summer. It can get it's water from the hose, a 5 gallon pail, or even a soda bottle which makes it handy in the winter when you've already turned off the outside faucet.

If I have a larger job to tackle in the winter, I have a 1200 psi battery powered SunJoe. It has an integrated bucket that I'll take inside to fill with hot or warm water for extra punch in the winter.

Finally I just picked up this 3600 psi gas powered Ryobi model. It's a fucking beast. It'll easily take the paint off the car if you're not careful. It's so effective and easy to use I find myself constantly finding jobs around the house to use it on.

RE: Gas vs Electric, as long as you take reasonable care of a gasoline engine, there's no reason to stay away from them. Use non-ethanol gas, shut the fuel off when you're done using them and drain them at the end of the season. It's really not that hard. I also run a can of Pump Saver through the system before I put it up at the end of the year. It's cheap insurance if you're worried about the pump cracking when temperatures get below freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I also run a can of Pump Saver through the system before I put it up at the end of the year. It's cheap insurance if you're worried about the pump cracking when temperatures get below freezing.

Worth quoting.

I've seen a lot of used washers for sale this year that pretty obviously have bad pumps. Sized or frozen hank the homeowner missed a few steps last fall.

I wonder if Sunjoe and Ryobi come from the same factory, or just use the same paint.
    One nice thing about the hand held models is that there small enough to store in a heated space if desired.

are integrated outdoor speakers on the patio worth it, or would a $100 bluetooth portable speaker do the same thing for a few hundred less?

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Do you have speakers installed elsewhere in the house? So you can have seamless sound from the kitchen, to the dining room, to the yard?

Do you want that?

If not, just get a nice Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We have an electric Ryobi 1800psi 1.2 gpm that works ok cleaning the deck after the masons got some mortar on it. It's lunchbox size, not inlcuding hose, cord, and wand, so light and easy to move around. It replaces a standup Husky that leaks badly and doesn't produce any more pressure and is much heavier. I don't know how it compares to a hose attachment high pressure nozzle. The deal with all these things is that you get pressure at the expense of flow, so I usually rinse with a low pressure, high volume hose after pressure washing. If you want pressure and volume both I think you need gas.
    so how does the size of hose you use affect the pressure and or flow ?

I been toying with picking up a used pressure washer to do the house before some painting
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    are integrated outdoor speakers on the patio worth it, or would a $100 bluetooth portable speaker do the same thing for a few hundred less?
    I made the jump from separate bluetooth/hifi systems to Sonos during covid times. I really like it for whole-home audio despite the cost and occasional software issues. We have a single Sonos Roam speaker that we bring with us out on the deck most evenings.

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

A little late to the conversation on pressure washers, but it all depends on use. A couple vehicles at a time, house or patio once a year, cleaning soft surfaces like wood - electric is fine. A fleet of vehicles, deep cleaning concrete, heavy grunge that needs both volume and pressure to remove and flush away, go gas. A lot depends on the nozzle head as well. Get a variety, and change for new every couple years. I used a 2200psi 2gpm electric with one of those rotating stripper heads, and it cleaned my cedar panel fence back to new. Had to be careful to not remove wood even with that light model using that scrubber head.

The note about maintenace is spot on. Poor fuel, not servicing when specified, not wintering well will kill a gas (or electric with a winter freeze) fast. I think work has replaced ours 3 times over the past decade cause some numbnuts forgot to drain it before a cold snap.

We currently use a 3000psi, 2.5gpm pump paired with a 187cc Honda motor for the fleet, and it can run all day, but it is loud and thirsty. Needs new nozzle heads badly.

But nothing beats the 2” hose out back, delivering about 50gpm. What would take that pressure washer an hour to remove spring gumbo mud off a vehicle’s undercarriage takes that fire hose 15min. Thankfully it’s on its own cistern and pump, it would shock the well and burn out the well pump in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Here ya go BB. I think I will order one too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-15 174846.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	423860
    I always just paid $50 to rent a nice gas-powered one from the Miller Paint store near my house back in PDX, but seems the rental market in Spokane is more like the $100 range. That being the case, I might need to take a look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I made the jump from separate bluetooth/hifi systems to Sonos during covid times. I really like it for whole-home audio despite the cost and occasional software issues. We have a single Sonos Roam speaker that we bring with us out on the deck most evenings.
    we're on sonos too & really like it -- it gets used daily
    sonos + spotify family

Thanks!
    We got one at Harbor Freight that lasted for the yearly deck washings for the last 10 years and still going strong.
    It plugs into a 120v outlet.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    so how does the size of hose you use affect the pressure and or flow ?

I been toying with picking up a used pressure washer to do the house before some painting
    I have a very long collapsible hose on the deck that can't keep up witht he pressure washer. I have to use a shorter rubber hose for the pressure washer.

So far we have a recommendation for a 10 year old Harbor Freight pressure washer and a collapsible hose. FFS.

Thanks for all the insight gang.
    I think a smaller electric unit will do the trick for my infrequent needs. But I appreciate the psi breakdowns, etc (touring sedan…..you may have a problem )
    skid luxury

I have this ryobi one. Use it a few times a year.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-19...TVNM/311223300

It’s fine for washing siding, cleaning our brick planter box, and washing cars.