Page 134 of 385 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 9618
    No access to above without cutting an “attic” access port through the drywall ceiling.
    They might just scrap that particular rack.
    Thanks for the keyword of ijoists though / you and Evan, scored points to be able to show him a pic of what he had because my diagram wasn’t getting though.

Yeah, complex blocking between I-joists....IMO, but i’m kinda wimpy
    Last edited by Choss Jonger, Sr.; 02-07-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Remove plumbing below. Drop sink. Rotate sink, lift it up through the sink hole in the counter slab.
    Shhhhh, don't tell him the secret, he really wants to spend 15k on new granite and needs a reason. Blowing out the internal cabinet side panels is another option if you have to shift it sideways a bit more to make the rotation work. You'll never see the patch work if you even put it back.

100% this will work unless the depth of sink is the largest dimension. Since it's a kitchen sink, I'd guess it isn't a laundry depth. Drop it, roll the back edge 90 toward you, push it back and to the left, roll the right edge up 90 and pull it out of the hole. EZ PZ.

Now finding a sink that fits that opening perfectly... go top mount.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i wanted bookshelfs and recycled brick and to loose the hearth my buddys dad manufactured back in the early 70's

but im the contactor and the contractee pays the note and our friend mr toaster lays tile way betters than i so i pay him to help
    ended up with reycled barn wood and a roman beige drystack looking stone tiles

stoked its done

as much as i like that troot pic and the high dollar framing and matting she put on it
    im trying to sell her on mounting her Olympic torch there instead
    dont mind either way and i still think it needed a mantel
    and do ing
    your stoning safes a given on my jobs
    Last edited by skifishbum; 02-08-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

3 patterns on one small wall is 2 too many for me SFB. Nice stonework though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What is that hearth? Terrazzo with giant chunks of masonry in it?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i wanted bookshelfs and recycled brick and to loose the hearth my buddys dad manufactured back in the early 70's

You have a port a potty beside your fireplace?

Convenient, some would say.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i think so a bro i used to roof for dad worked in the factory that made them
    good news is she says wow the tv looks small now
    so yeah hun buy a new one
    i hate the new couch you bought
    and its actually my new sup seat/day cooler yeti she bought for my bday
    but yes in a pinch a loaf oud fit in it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Has anyone else tried to buy a major appliance during Covid? Fuck that shit. Between the big box bitches, warehouse stores, local chains, and the classifieds.... there was literally ONE fucking fridge that would work four us.

Fuck this Samsung POS, does anyone else remember those top freezer units from the 70's and 80's that would survive the apocalypse? Can I have one of those back?

We bought a new washer and dryer six weeks ago; still no word on when we’ll actually get them. The fridge we wanted has now tripled in price. Fuck.

Ordered our stove in July for our kitchen remodel, specifically grilled the salesman on lead times and covid. Was assured they were 2 - 4 weeks out. Upon confirmation of order, 6 weeks delivery time. Yeah, I can see where this is going. Then it turned to 8. When counters were installed I called for an update and they said "We don't know".

I went into the showroom and nicely told the manager my wife would be burning the place down presently if I failed to come home with a stove. They promptly agreed to me taking a (higher $$$) floor model home.

It's a mess out there. I haven't had a new construction residence hit completion day since last summer. I had one go over 2 months because of supply chain fuckery - construction materials and appliances.

Nice work SFB^^

re: Appliances. Back around Labor Day I put in an order for a freezer (freezers have been way backordered) and they told me they had no idea how long it would be, they hade some customers who'd been on the list close to 6 months.

A couple weeks later they call me and tell me my freezer's in. I'm like, wow that was quick, I didn't expect it for months. There's this long silence and she says, "well today's your lucky day. You were actually at the bottom of the list and I screwed up."

I told her no problem, whatever, but she insists that their policy is that because she called me they have to honor it and the freezer is mine. I kinda felt bad for the guy at the top of the list but hey, policy. So I took it.

It's a little fitting that Otzi doesnt have issues getting a freezer.

My old roomie traded me a month's rent ($400) for a new kenmore washer/dryer combo. Turns out he had some dudes that seem to get all the returns, seconds, and whatevs on appliances nationwide and store them in warehouses all over. And they sell them for $200 a pop. So, gas stove? $200. Samsung television refrigerator, $200, etc., etc. I gotta call and see if they survived the pandemic. I need a new stove. Maybe they have a Wolf. /snickers Wouldn't that be the shiite?

We faced a multitude of supply chain gaps in our remodel. Should have been in by Christmas; hopefully it will be less than a year meaning May. We did order our appliances in May and they were delivered in late Nov, but they had been staged at a warehouse prior to that. We did get lucky on the freeezer (Tony Bozzuto, Shoshone, ID), had a 16 cf on order, but a bunch of 20cf rolled in so when Tony offered it we grabbed it. It made a nice home for my elk meat and other pandemic provisions.

Lumber futures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 7.15.44 PM.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	361993  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ordered something like 8 appliances in May. I finally have them all but each one came on different days with multiple delays/switches. Supply chain is fucked on a ton of other stuff as well. I have a shower door that’s been somewhere between Germany and here for like 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The dryer in the basement suite was so noisy it was about to take off today, spent 3-4 hrs taking it apart/ macgyvering/ shimming the squirrelcage fan on its shaft with a piece of olfa blade, all quiet and it cost zero
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Been waiting 3 months for an evaporator coil on a fridge that's still under warranty. It's starting to piss me off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

It's a mess out there. I haven't had a new construction residence hit completion day since last summer. I had one go over 2 months because of supply chain fuckery - construction materials and appliances.
    Your clients can find the materials they need to get it done, but it's going to cost a pretty penny. Not many delays around here, but lots of cost overruns to hit timelines.

I think these delay and out of stock issues will be with us for a while. It's hitting everyone from the auto industry down to local supply houses.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Engineered lumber is backlogged 8-12 weeks.

Local lumber yard is supposedly ending retail lumber sales next spring, contractors only.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    What is that hearth? Terrazzo with giant chunks of masonry in it?
    Speaking of giant chunks of masonry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210209_085159.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	362067

POS lava rock surround with giant mortar joints, except where there are spaces that the mice go in and out of. We were about to replace after living with it for 30 years when you-know-what happened.

We did manage to replace our refrigerator--a long standing goal--in June. There happened to be exactly the one we wanted on the floor at the Reno Best Buy or we'd have been out of luck. (Amazingly, it made it up the elevator with the doors and drawers removed--otherwise we would have had to book a crane which is months out and not cheap.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Speaking of giant chunks of masonry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210209_085159.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	362067

POS lava rock surround with giant mortar joints, except where there are spaces that the mice go in and out of. We were about to replace after living with it for 30 years when you-know-what happened.

We did manage to replace our refrigerator--a long standing goal--in June. There happened to be exactly the one we wanted on the floor at the Reno Best Buy or we'd have been out of luck. (Amazingly, it made it up the elevator with the doors and drawers removed--otherwise we would have had to book a crane which is months out and not cheap.)
    We had a fireplace just like that and replaced last spring. The contractor started chiseling the rock off but found quickly it was gonna chip off the cinder block chimney it was attached to and compromise the structure, so he scraped it sort of flat and we just extended the framing and drywall to go around it rather than remove it and built on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Has anyone else tried to buy a major appliance during Covid? Fuck that shit. Between the big box bitches, warehouse stores, local chains, and the classifieds.... there was literally ONE fucking fridge that would work four us.

Fuck this Samsung POS, does anyone else remember those top freezer units from the 70's and 80's that would survive the apocalypse? Can I have one of those back?
    Ordered new fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher from Albert Lee back in early December.

Delivery estimate is mid March now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    We had a fireplace just like that and replaced last spring. The contractor started chiseling the rock off but found quickly it was gonna chip off the cinder block chimney it was attached to and compromise the structure, so he scraped it sort of flat and we just extended the framing and drywall to go around it rather than remove it and built on to that.
    I believe we will be able to pull the rocks out by hand with minimal effort. Pieces of mortar and some of the smaller rocks have fallen out.