Page 92 of 384 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 9593
    If you think spindles are simple, think again.
    https://www.locksmithledger.com/door...ssive-hardware
    (I had never heard of swivel spindles. I have a 30's house full of solid spindles and glass knobs. I hate the damn things. Knobs are always falling off. I have a mind to replace them with modern, ugly door knobs and be done with it.)

paint
    I use sherwin williams
    bathrooms: emerald
    walls: duration or cashmere depending on what price I get that week
    ceiling: eminence flat white
    200 series if I'm just painting a wall or a something and need to match shitty or old paint

Is goldmember in here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB09E1B3-E253-4062-8CA9-435BCDCB6C78.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	578.7 KB 
ID:	337136

1. They’re throwing the waste into the lawn, isn’t finding the nails going to be rather hard?
    2. Why would they be re-doing this for the second time after new construction only 10 years ago? And why would people subject themselves to shit like that buying a unit in a triplex, doesn’t it compromise the roof adjacent?
    3. That’s a 30 foot peak, and all of the angles are as steep as the side view you can see, climbing with no rope. Are these people on cocaine or insane?
    4. It’s 96 degrees in full Colorado sun, what does a gig like that pay?

Name:  IMG_5838.JPG
Views: 578
Size:  171.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is goldmember in here?

1. They’re throwing the waste into the lawn, isn’t finding the nails going to be rather hard?
    2. Why would they be re-doing this for the second time after new construction only 10 years ago? And why would people subject themselves to shit like that buying a unit in a triplex, doesn’t it compromise the roof adjacent?
    3. That’s a 30 foot peak, and all of the angles are as steep as the side view you can see, climbing with no rope. Are these people on cocaine or insane?
    1. Fucking magnets, how do they work?
    2. Hail is a motherfucker
    3. Like the donkey show, there is a mountain goat show. These guys are the byproduct of that show.
    4. Not enough

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    1. Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Even though the picture the description sounds suspicious, the cost of a magnet sweeper is way less than the labor involved in pulling individual nails.

I was at a jobsite recently with a rear patio no more than 8 ft x 12 ft (d x w), and a sweep filled up a large glass mason jar with nails and screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Swee.../dp/B074J7LH3N

Throwing debris directly into a lawn means the owner got the Big Lots/K-Mart/DollarTree level of contractor. Which means what other short cuts did the owner contract for?
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

That doesn't look like a hail damage tear off. They are probably fixing something with that bizarre mid-roof balcony. Some architect likely needs a caning.

the quality of the ladder says all it needs to say about the contractor ........ id even say it could very well be the homeowner with that ladder

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    the quality of the ladder says all it needs to say about the contractor ........ id even say it could very well be the homeowner with that ladder
    Is that a little giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Even though the picture the description sounds suspicious, the cost of a magnet sweeper is way less than the labor involved in pulling individual nails.

I was at a jobsite recently with a rear patio no more than 8 ft x 12 ft (d x w), and a sweep filled up a large glass mason jar with nails and screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Swee.../dp/B074J7LH3N

Throwing debris directly into a lawn means the owner got the Big Lots/K-Mart/DollarTree level of contractor. Which means what other short cuts did the owner contract for?
    That looks like a bigger version of the sweep we use in the OR to find missing needles on the floor. If a needle goes missing you either find it or you have to take an xray of the patient on the table, which is a royal pain in the ass. Some of the needles are about this big: c

Fwiw, anything and I mean anything that is loose on that roof is deadly. They're chucking it off to get it off the steep ass slope. Roof tear off crews typically try to back their truck or trailer up to the house as close as they can so they can toss it directly into the bed. Obviously that didn't/couldn't happen here, so onto the lawn it goes. Roll a magnet across the LZ later, takes 10 minutes.

Stepping on a stripped shingle means going for a ride without a method to arrest, because these knuckleheads aren't tied off.

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles in 2014 View Post
    From memory, the cost of that kitchen is as follow:

Deconstruction 500
    Frame/DW 750
    Plumbing-rough/trim/fixtures 1000
    Sparky-rough/trim/fixtures 1500
    Cabs/Crown 10000
    Appliances (no refer) 1500
    Backsplash 1000
    Granite 2500
    My labor 3000

Total $21,750
    How much would this kitchen cost in August 2020?

I've seen quite a few roofing crews roll out tarps around the perimeter and just wrap them up and dump into truck/dumpster. Still need to magnet sweep though I'm less worried about nails than roofer bombs(piss bottles). Reminds me of snow removal on large sites that have crane(s) onsite. You basically have really large heavy tarps that have straps on corners. You just hook it to crane and bye bye snow. Rolling out tarps at end of day sure beats shoveling for hours and results in way cleaner site for working.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is goldmember in here?

Is that guy on the roof 14' tall??
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    How much would this kitchen cost in August 2020?
    avg elec work for a decent kitchen is $5,500.00
    a 22k number got these people 8 cabinets for some tiny condo kitchen, they never called back...........

if it's a nice kitchen it'll easy be in the 80-110k

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    avg elec work for a decent kitchen is $5,500.00
    a 22k number got these people 8 cabinets for some tiny condo kitchen, they never called back...........

if it's a nice kitchen it'll easy be in the 80-110k
    boy ill tell ya its nice to have a great builder in the family. Saved us a TON on our reno. He's a great negotiator and doesnt accept shit work if he hires a sub. He fired 2 deck teams, that pushed the deck build back a lot (he didnt have time for his crew to do it paying jobs and all), but got it done right... Get all the hookups from his various vendor list. Cut rate lumber prices. The house im in now wouldnt be worth it at Freds prices.

house bought for $200K, reno was $85K, current appraisals put it near $350K.

very happy to charge some of the highest rates in my area not running a charity i'm running a business
    if you own multiple homes suck it up and pay, morons are paying over 600 a sq ft for some shit hole circa run down 1982 then balk at me saying we can pimp the place out starting around 80-120 sq ft but realistically it's gonna be 150 sq ft homes and additions start at 400 sq ft I"m not in the business of losing money, bought one new bike this year, need another one before the end of the year someone has to pay for my 11k in new mtb bikes this year that shit doesn't grown on trees
    cheep customers are always the biggest pain in the ass
    i got a cramp in my hand from signing checks today, bills get paid on the 1st and 15th payroll set me back almost 9k today insurance costs are 5k a month
    these clown contractors living day to day with a jingle of some money in there pocket but unable to pay bills quickly need to go work for someone else
    charge the absolute highest price the market will bear

Get while you can Fred. I know the builders in my town are killing it. Tough to break in, but once you do it is a gold mine here.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Get while you can Fred. I know the builders in my town are killing it. Tough to break in, but once you do it is a gold mine here.
    I’ll send you a bottle of your favorite if you roll down to the City building department and give them a collective kick in the crotch

I’ve got a house that’s been in the fucking SD permitting process FOR FUCKING EVER. My client has now officially paid me more for jurisdictional management than design work.
    The bureaucracy has only compounded during the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I’ll send you a bottle of your favorite if you roll down to the City building department and give them a collective kick in the crotch

I’ve got a house that’s been in the fucking SD permitting process FOR FUCKING EVER. My client has now officially paid me more for jurisdictional management than design work.
    The bureaucracy has only compounded during the pandemic.
    Don't quote me on this because I don't deal with the IRC/single family residential, but I'm pretty sure that the Utah legislators (majority home builder/developers) passed law that said if a project wasn't reviewed and commented on within 14 days then the city has waived rights to review the project.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    within 14 days
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahaha ahh

(Sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    paint
    I use sherwin williams
    bathrooms: emerald
    walls: duration or cashmere depending on what price I get that week
    ceiling: eminence flat white
    200 series if I'm just painting a wall or a something and need to match shitty or old paint
    Sherwin Williams makes SHIT for pintura!
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Nothing at all wrong w/ the ladder. Most versatile ladder there is.
    Definitely needs more extension for that setup tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    boy ill tell ya its nice to have a great builder in the family. Saved us a TON on our reno. He's a great negotiator and doesnt accept shit work if he hires a sub. He fired 2 deck teams, that pushed the deck build back a lot (he didnt have time for his crew to do it paying jobs and all), but got it done right... Get all the hookups from his various vendor list. Cut rate lumber prices. The house im in now wouldnt be worth it at Freds prices.

house bought for $200K, reno was $85K, current appraisals put it near $350K.
    One thing people often forget/neglect to account for when evaluating whether a renovation was a financially beneficial move is the change in market. Ie. if you buy a house for $200k, put in $100k at a later date and boom, it’s now appraised at $350k. Great! The reno made me $50k! No. If the market has gone up 50% since you bought it (not at all unusual if it’s been 5+ years in many markets) your reno cost you $50k - Your house was worth $300k already. Of course, this doesn’t account for any value on the improvements to the house that you get to enjoy, assuming you’re not trying to flip it.

Not saying you didn’t account for this but in general I hear many people brag about the “value” their renovation has brought to their house they’ve owned for 10+ years and they completely ignore the market increase during the period they’ve owned it.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Don't quote me on this because I don't deal with the IRC/single family residential, but I'm pretty sure that the Utah legislators (majority home builder/developers) passed law that said if a project wasn't reviewed and commented on within 14 days then the city has waived rights to review the project.
    That would be insane.

A) it’s the government. Nothing gets reviewed in 14days. There’s a pandemic and they can’t review how to deal with that within 14days.
    B) it would open them to so much potential litigation.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    One thing people often forget/neglect to account for when evaluating whether a renovation was a financially beneficial move is the change in market. Ie. if you buy a house for $200k, put in $100k at a later date and boom, it’s now appraised at $350k. Great! The reno made me $50k! No. If the market has gone up 50% since you bought it (not at all unusual if it’s been 5+ years in many markets) your reno cost you $50k - Your house was worth $300k already. Of course, this doesn’t account for any value on the improvements to the house that you get to enjoy, assuming you’re not trying to flip it.

Not saying you didn’t account for this but in general I hear many people brag about the “value” their renovation has brought to their house they’ve owned for 10+ years and they completely ignore the market increase during the period they’ve owned it.
    1 year in house

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app