Page 196 of 384 FirstFirst ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 9586
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post

I reccomend painting the trim before installing and then just filling the nail holes with a touch of calk or spackle. If you use 18 and 23 gauge Brads you barely notice the holes.
    This is probably obvious to most, but cut and fit first then paint. If I paint before cutting, there’s a significantly higher chance I’m gonna fuck up. I also accept ahead of time that I’m going to waste some materials. That’s easier to do with cheap primed baseboard than nice, unfinished wood window and door trim.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    and why are we painting trim these days it's disqusting
    Not everyone lives in a 6000 s. f. in a mountain town and can afford clear hardwoods. Down off the hill guys are doing fj poplar.

Once my BIL hired this guy to do a 6" crown molding in his LR and den. I go over there afterwards and the dude had installed the dentil molding upside down. Make sure you look at some pictures before nailing shit up there.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I remember when I was a trim carpenter
    the guys triming a house for me right now won't talk to me I don't get it he just held up a board yesterday with one too many miter cuts and mumbled something in spanish that wasn't nice

trim guys are the biggest bitches almost eclipsing excavators these days

so all you stay at home trim guys just throw on the resting bitch face and be a total cunt to whoever is around you that day pretend you are a magician painting the sistine chapel make sure to fondle every board you cut and tell everyone how great your art is

Um, ever meet an electrician? Question, what do you call a couple of electricians in a basement? Answer, it's a Whine Cellar!

Plumbers don't bitch about anything. They just get a sawzall and cut the shit out of anything in their way.

"Bro, do you even know how to cope base?"
    "Don't put that framing lumber on my saw, that's an 80t Tenryu"
    "These framers should be shot!"

Everyone should frame, hang the rock, and then trim their own shit and then they'd be less of a bitch. I kinda buck the stereotype and that's why I sleep pretty good these days and keep the anxiety mostly in check. Every trade is supposed to make the one that came before you look awesome. Lumber doesn't measure out these days and framers are hard to come by these days. Really it is my job to be a hero and I own that. The think that gets to me the most is guys who want to charge awesome but can't or won't be awesome. It's like the allure of being a trimmer got the but they can't carry the weight.

I remember when I was a trim carpenter
    the guys triming a house for me right now won't talk to me I don't get it he just held up a board yesterday with one too many miter cuts and mumbled something in spanish that wasn't nice

trim guys are the biggest bitches almost eclipsing excavators these days

so all you stay at home trim guys just throw on the resting bitch face and be a total cunt to whoever is around you that day pretend you are a magician painting the sistine chapel make sure to fondle every board you cut and tell everyone how great your art is

My family knows not to be around me when I'm working on the house.

all the electricians I deal with are great

plumbers are ok too

excavators suck beyond everything thinking of that the three loads of gravel he wants won't be here till 11am so I'm sure he will pack up and leave and I'll hear how I"m wasting his time

concrete and painters can be a pain sometimes but they are drunk most of the time so you just need to know how to talk baby babble to them and they will be ok

framers are animals as long as they can yell and throw shit they are ok

steel guys are right up there with framers

drywallers are all good, quiet, split personalities some days they are rappers some days its country some days it classic mariachi

we covered trim guys

insulators are all suffering brain damage

roofers are up there with painters and concrete guys

tile setters are usually quiet and focused easy to get along with

as the foreman for many years in a bridge fabrication shop my father told me the really good welders the artists were alcoholics . I've heard the same said about body men
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Steel guys are the badasses of the construction world. I used to manage refinery projects in another life. The steel used to come in from the fabricators and invariably holes were drilled wrong. The iron workers would be 50 ft in the air blowing holes in I beams with the cutting torch. Looked like Macy's 4th of July display. I'd yell "Dudes, we can't have this shit in the refinery, it's full of shit that will go *boom*!! They'd just look at me and continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Steel guys are the badasses of the construction world.
    and sometimes not
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	huh.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	985.0 KB 
ID:	384214
    or was it the conc guy
    or the survey guy
    or the gc
    ...not sure but here we are
    i'm almost sure they lined up on the dwgs

Here's a home remodel "don't"

Fred, any chance these are clients of yours?

At the time of the trading described in this Order, the Muellers and the Chasins had been friends and neighbors for over 10 years. Mueller and Lisa Chasin communicated frequently over text messages and shared confidences about work and family.
    As of March 2019, Peak Resorts and Vail began discussing a potential merger transaction.
    As part of her job as the senior director of corporate reporting at Peak Resorts, Mueller had access to confidential information about the proposed merger with Vail. She knew that both the federal securities laws and Peak Resorts’ policy prohibited her from providing material, non-public information to anyone outside the company.
    On the morning of July 18, 2019, while the Chasins were traveling out of town, Mueller called Lisa Chasin and told her that it would be a good time to buy stock. Based on the urgency in Mueller’s voice, Lisa Chasin understood that it was a tip to buy Peak Resorts stock as soon as possible. The Chasins immediately acted on the tip, and Scott Chasin purchased 2,500 shares of Peak Resorts at an average price of $5.16 per share on Friday, July 19, 2019.
    Before the market opened on Monday, July 22, 2019, Peak Resorts and Vail announced the merger agreement. On that day, Peak Resorts’ stock closed at $10.78 per share, a 113% increase from the prior trading day, on heavy trading volume.
    After learning of the announcement, Lisa Chasin texted Mueller and congratulated her on the transaction. Mueller texted back that it “[w]ill help pay for your new kitchen ”, an apparent reference to the farm house the Chasins had bought two months prior and were planning to renovate.

When we had our house reroofed some years ago the roofers were having fist fights on the 14 in 12 roof. Except on Mondays when one or another of them was still in jail from the weekend. Hipped roof with 3 hipped roof dormers and the back section is 20 in 12. Took them 3 weeks to finish (wood shingle on the existing skip sheathing). But it never leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    and sometimes not

or was it the conc guy
    or the survey guy
    or the gc
    That brings back memories. Right out of college I worked for a design build firm on a cold storage facility for an apple orchard. Old barn complex burned down and they wanted to rebuild. The barn had been added on to so many times that there were several sets of foundations they wanted to reuse.

I took a transit level from the shop and surveyed everything getting the layout and height difference from the piers we were going to reuse. Did all the drawings and confirmed the steel fabrication shop drawings. That pic is what I was expecting during the install and I had lots of nightmares about what a fuck up would cost. Came out fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    That brings back memories. Right out of college I worked for a design build firm on a cold storage facility for an apple orchard. Old barn complex burned down and they wanted to rebuild. The barn had been added on to so many times that there were several sets of foundations they wanted to reuse.

I took a transit level from the shop and surveyed everything getting the layout and height difference from the piers we were going to reuse. Did all the drawings and confirmed the steel fabrication shop drawings. That pic is what I was expecting during the install and I had lots of nightmares about what a fuck up would cost. Came out fine though.
    yeah, lol, no one likes this kind of thing -- but the owner is taking it in stride & it will get fixed, likely with an expansion of the footing

cool canopy frame that they welded on the ground on site and lifted into place a week ago, +/-80'x20' out to out

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    and sometimes not

or was it the conc guy
    or the survey guy
    or the gc
    Not a horrible bust. Definitely a nice chamfer edge.

That's like a less redneck version of a project I had back in the day. An excavator friend of my boss had just bought a 40acre pasture that had a steel building that had never been erected just lying in the grass. Me and my buddy got an oz. of weed, a bobcat and a mini ex and a "see if you have figure it out".

We scraped the site, laid out all the red iron, drew our own foundation plans, and got after it. The only hicup was that we had to call in more weed. Fast forward 25+ years and that building looks great. If I could pay my bills don't that kinda work you'd never wipe the smile off my face.

I was running a remodel not long ago on some famous persons ranch. Everyone going on to the project had to have security clearance. Well, when it got time to hang rock the expected complications arose with available manpower and rap sheets that ran out the door into the street. After some back and forth we finally got a crew together that cleared the security check and we're going to bang it out in one day. The day arrives, and literally as the van load of sheet rockers is pulling up I get an email saying so and so, so and so, this guy, and that guy are not allowed on the property. Fuck it, I say. It's a remote spot and if the property manager was going to come out and sniff around I'd at least see him driving up from way far away. I got the crew together and told them that if they heard me whistle they'd all have to hide in the crawlspace until I gave the all clear.

Property manager never showed up and they banged it out in a day

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Not a horrible bust. Definitely a nice chamfer edge.
    some laborer is going to be bitching, hope it is easy digging
    off your knees Louie

Finish painting, then installing leaving raw caulk and spackle/putty is butch AF.
    That said, carry on ......

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I was running a remodel not long ago on some famous persons ranch. Everyone going on to the project had to have security clearance. Well, when it got time to hang rock the expected complications arose with available manpower and rap sheets that ran out the door into the street. After some back and forth we finally got a crew together that cleared the security check and we're going to bang it out in one day. The day arrives, and literally as the van load of sheet rockers is pulling up I get an email saying so and so, so and so, this guy, and that guy are not allowed on the property. Fuck it, I say. It's a remote spot and if the property manager was going to come out and sniff around I'd at least see him driving up from way far away. I got the crew together and told them that if they heard me whistle they'd all have to hide in the crawlspace until I gave the all clear.

Property manager never showed up and they banged it out in a day
    Way to beat around the Bush on that one...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^ I had a hellofa a time keeping a crew together when we did a few roofs for Thiokol
    it was stupid there were days we couldnt work when certain rocket parts were in the building
    Im like fuck your million secret rocket techonogy i just need someone to plug a few cords in so we can work and not haul and deal with gennies and trying to waterproof 1/2 done shit
    all the electricians I deal with are great

plumbers are ok too

excavators suck beyond everything thinking of that the three loads of gravel he wants won't be here till 11am so I'm sure he will pack up and leave and I'll hear how I"m wasting his time

concrete and painters can be a pain sometimes but they are drunk most of the time so you just need to know how to talk baby babble to them and they will be ok

framers are animals as long as they can yell and throw shit they are ok

steel guys are right up there with framers

drywallers are all good, quiet, split personalities some days they are rappers some days its country some days it classic mariachi

we covered trim guys

insulators are all suffering brain damage

roofers are up there with painters and concrete guys

tile setters are usually quiet and focused easy to get along with
    all the best roofers got chinese eyes froms the safety squint
    at least thats what mr townshend said
    im trimin all my windows we replace in this crib
    miterfree but stained and varnished dark hardwood

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Here's a home remodel "don't"

Fred, any chance these are clients of yours?

At the time of the trading described in this Order, the Muellers and the Chasins had been friends and neighbors for over 10 years. Mueller and Lisa Chasin communicated frequently over text messages and shared confidences about work and family.
    As of March 2019, Peak Resorts and Vail began discussing a potential merger transaction.
    As part of her job as the senior director of corporate reporting at Peak Resorts, Mueller had access to confidential information about the proposed merger with Vail. She knew that both the federal securities laws and Peak Resorts’ policy prohibited her from providing material, non-public information to anyone outside the company.
    On the morning of July 18, 2019, while the Chasins were traveling out of town, Mueller called Lisa Chasin and told her that it would be a good time to buy stock. Based on the urgency in Mueller’s voice, Lisa Chasin understood that it was a tip to buy Peak Resorts stock as soon as possible. The Chasins immediately acted on the tip, and Scott Chasin purchased 2,500 shares of Peak Resorts at an average price of $5.16 per share on Friday, July 19, 2019.
    Before the market opened on Monday, July 22, 2019, Peak Resorts and Vail announced the merger agreement. On that day, Peak Resorts’ stock closed at $10.78 per share, a 113% increase from the prior trading day, on heavy trading volume.
    After learning of the announcement, Lisa Chasin texted Mueller and congratulated her on the transaction. Mueller texted back that it “[w]ill help pay for your new kitchen ”, an apparent reference to the farm house the Chasins had bought two months prior and were planning to renovate.
    2500 shares x $5.62 profit = $14,050.....not much of a dent in a kitchen remodel...

I think my dad finished grade 10 before heading off to war, he must have been good or they wouldnt have had him running a big shop

He said you get a guy who never made it out of HS, he looks at a project and sez "yeah, that ain't gona work" and they were usually right
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    2500 shares x $5.62 profit = $14,050.....not much of a dent in a kitchen remodel...
    Yeah, not sure if they had short term capital losses to offset that gain either so they're looking at maybe a slight upgrade to a 6 burner stove from a 4...and now the fines.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    and the back section is 20 in 12
    20/12 roof? Pfft, that's nuthin.

Name:  churchofsteep.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  442.4 KB

got so baked this morning in my office not sure I can leave and go make sure the steel on my job doesn't look like the photo posted above
    hate when that happens to me parnoia is a bitch