Page 157 of 385 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 9618
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    ^Can I get paid in OSB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife's dad was an anesthesiologist in Santa Fe--got paid a lot in tamales. (People gave me tamales at xmas--but I had a salary.)

How many tamales for a tonsillectomy?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Placing a help wanted ad need to hire 2 more workers

Ad says: can you wake up in the morning and put one foot in front of the other pay depends on how much space and time you can waste in one day
    Fast Fred at work.

https://youtu.be/3eAU0EadxEc

“Beautiful titty meat ya got there..”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How many tamales for a tonsillectomy?
    All of them.

Ouch. The high deductible tamale plan.

I worked in a cabinet and millwork shop in L.A. and every time some lady would show up selling tamales out of the back of an old car we'd buy some and give them to the guys in the finishing shop. We'd watch them for a few days and if they didn't get sick and/or die we'd figure the tamales were safe to eat. The finishing crew were our guinea pigs and they were relatively stoic about it, because they got free food.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I worked in a cabinet and millwork shop in L.A. and every time some lady would show up selling tamales out of the back of an old car we'd buy some and give them to the guys in the finishing shop. We'd watch them for a few days and if they didn't get sick and/or die we'd figure the tamales were safe to eat. The finishing crew were our guinea pigs and they were relatively stoic about it, because they got free food.
    Not trusting the tamale lady is one of the biggest sins you can commit in LA.... what a shame.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Right, I never got sick from eating those as a kid working at various summer jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Not trusting the tamale lady is one of the biggest sins you can commit in LA.... what a shame.

Maybe it was the coleman coolers that looked like they got dug out of a landfill, I dunno.. Any yet we never hesitated ordering up ceviche at some sketch taco truck we'd never seen before. Damn I miss those times.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry for tamales and ceviche.

^Let's try to get the yellow bellied sapsucker problem fixed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^Let's try to get the yellow bellied sapsucker problem fixed first.
    Fuck those noisy-ass birds.

Lady was selling tamales in the Kaiser hospital cafeteria one time. Healthier than buying Girl Scout cookies from a nurse selling them for her daughters.

Any opinions on some blackout blinds? Or even something that does just a decent job? I’d like them to pull down. I can go the custom route with the sales rep bullshit but I don’t need anything fancy. Anyone actually had success with the ones you trim at home? For the price I may just buy a few and see what happens. Amazon has some but I also need a wider version than they seem to carry. Advice welcome.

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Any opinions on some blackout blinds? Or even something that does just a decent job? I’d like them to pull down. I can go the custom route with the sales rep bullshit but I don’t need anything fancy. Anyone actually had success with the ones you trim at home? For the price I may just buy a few and see what happens. Amazon has some but I also need a wider version than they seem to carry. Advice welcome.

Sister-in-law bought Amazon shades recently and raved about. Wife just bought some but I haven’t taken them out of the box yet... maybe Sunday since it’s supposed to rain here. I’ll let you know.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

My parents did something where they measured themselves, ordered online and installed themselves. They seem to like it.

I seem to recall Wirecutter did a review on blackout shades and had a pretty cheap option.

I'm not sure how dark you want but we have Bali blinds from Home Depot and they've held up well after 4 years. Custom cut to your measurements and when we ordered they had a pretty good return policy for mismeasurement.

Thanks all - and Spanky, yes please let me know what you think with the Bezosblinds

Boiler question?
    A pinhole in the makeup water line developed tonight. Caught it early and was able to throw a quick patch on it, rubber gasket material and hose clamp. My question is after the repair, I'm going to have to bleed the air so it doesn't get into the system right? Can this be accomplished by valving off all the zones, but one, and on that one open the hose bib a little and allow the air to escape until I get straight water? Sounds logical.

Don't you have an air eliminator in the supply run? It should take care of any excess air, just like it does when the system is initially filled.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Don't you have an air eliminator in the supply run? It should take care of any excess air, just like it does when the system is initially filled.
    Went and checked it's a watts 1156f. How do they work? Looks like it regulates the incoming water, but I guess it bleeds out air. Will I have to mess with it or will it do its' thing?

I've had a few sets of Bali blackout cellular blinds. Best price through Lowes Blinds if you can wait for one of their routine 40% off sales.
    We've always gotten the bottom-up-top-down blinds so that we can let light in from above and still have privacy.
    The black-out is awesome. Depending on the window framing, you can make it feel like a darkroom. Perfect for night shift or just sleeping in late. Seriously, you can ruin a Saturday sleeping in late with these things!
    Our current house, we went with Levolor since the price was better. They just aren't as nice. Not as well finished. The top sags 1/8" where the Bali ones snapped together. They even have a bit of twist to them. Not huge, but the windows are 6' tall and it shows enough to annoy me. We'll be moving them to the guest bedroom and replacing.
    With the way these current windows are framed, a bit more light sneaks around the sides. I could see the benefit of light blocking channels on the sides to go full black out. Not working night shift anymore, so not needed. The channels are relatively cheap.

edit: Another nice thing about Lowes Blinds is easy returns. Customer service is great, and for whatever reason custom blinds arrive fucked up a lot. Usually it's something little, but at several hundred bucks, I have zero tolerance. They usually say keep the "damaged" ones which meant we got a free barely damaged set for another bedroom this go round. YMMV.
    However many are in a shit ton.

2nd on Bali from Lowe’s. Good quality and cheap, when on sale.

Thanks for the Lowe's Bali recos. Will totally check that out.

The last good night sleep I had was 2.5 years ago in Nice France in a hotel with blackout blinds after a day of travels and Aperol. Slept 16 hours.

We have black out and regular blinds from a local shop. Good quality and lots of choices if you want something other than basic colors.

https://ecosmartshades.com