Page 183 of 384 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 9597
    its corian its super trashy but was all fancy high end in 1997

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    its corian its super trashy but was all fancy high end in 1997
    So it's due for a comeback you're saying?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes yes yes, just what I was hoping for, thanks boys.

Sink is Corian, countertops are Formica (?). Seller is a builder himself so he knows the good/the bad of what he’s got, but I’d hope he’d enjoy Fred’s missive. Interestingly enough: he replaced the garbage disposal last week.

This is an employee housing condo unit so the financial and responsibility outcomes are a bit different compared to free market.
    We’re buying the house regardless, just trying to figure out if $400 is stupid low (because labor and because a drop in wouldn’t actually work).

I think when the dust settles we’d lean toward replacing counters and sink all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's one piece. All solid surface. Corian is a brand name.
    Formica is a veneer.
    Also, you can cut the sink out and put in a top mount. Probably could do undermount too, just have to finish the edge

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    It's one piece. All solid surface. Corian is a brand name.
    Formica is a veneer.
    Clearly I’m dialed

sink and counter top and the plate covering the three holes for a single hole faucet is a travisty do not buy this house
    Heh. Agree. Such a hack move
    But spelling makes it a travesty.

Back on track, I’m shocked that someone could dicker and haggle over $400 in this market. Where I live the seller would tell you to go fuck yourself
    . . .

sink and counter top and the plate covering the three holes for a single hole faucet is a travisty do not buy this house

labor $1,100.00
    new sink blanco drop in fake granite $600.00
    Grohee stupid ass commerical faucet in your kitchen $800.00
    misc parts and shit $80.00
    garbage disposal $180.00
    floor protection plastic and an old plastic soda bottle to spray water while cutting the counter top $100.00
    20% mark up for me to smoke weed in your driveway tell someone what to do come back later to check on them throw out an atta boy or two assure you that we did not douche out your nieghbors unit with water and there is no leaks and email you an invoice
    This is high quality advice from a true expert in his field.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    So it's due for a comeback you're saying?

pp[/URL]
    unfortunately I am only mediocre at my style and taste I'm just good at building

i thought glass block was on it's way back a few years ago I missed that one but my house has lots of glass block walls

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Heh. Agree. Such a hack move
    But spelling makes it a travesty.

Back on track, I’m shocked that someone could dicker and haggle over $400 in this market. Where I live the seller would tell you to go fuck yourself
    Again: employee housing, separate market, lottery, totally different reality compared to normal real estate.

Lots of hoops to jump through and pains to deal with, but $260k for 1800sq ft is a godsend here

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Again: employee housing, separate market, lottery, totally different reality compared to normal real estate.

Lots of hoops to jump through and pains to deal with, but $260k for 1800sq ft is a godsend here
    Solidsurface isn't that bad. You could probably repair the cracks, but it'd be temporary and look quite butch. Cut the fucker out and replace it. it's gonna destroy that base cabinet if not dealt with

Solidsurface isn't that bad. You could probably repair the cracks, but it'd be temporary and look quite butch. Cut the fucker out and replace it. it's gonna destroy that base cabinet if not dealt with
    Yeah, cabinet is already a bit ralphed, but not fully rotted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628822790.728129.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	382145

Gotta little mold back there.
    Is there another level to this condo under where this thing leaks. Check for damage there too, if so

Gotta little mold back there.
    Is there another level to this condo under where this thing leaks. Check for damage there too, if so
    There’s a unit below, but I think it ends before our kitchen. I think it’s just foundation/dirt below there(?)

Can the front of this house be fixed? How would you do it?

Decent location, has potential inside, but the front of the house is a non-starter. How would you fix this ugly duckling?

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham.../home/15818684

Name:	1821207_1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	305.2 KB 
ID:	382201

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

Decent location, has potential inside, but the front of the house is a non-starter. How would you fix this ugly duckling?

Gasoline, lighter, insurance claim.

I know the owner of that house. I'm busy at the moment but I'll shoot you a PM when I can

Well if you are being serious, perhaps an small overhang enclosure over the front porch to give the house some depth and break up the monotony.

If we are joking around...shitte....stay in PDX...Bellingham has run up too much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I know the owner of that house. I'm busy at the moment but I'll shoot you a PM when I can
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Well if you are being serious, perhaps an small overhang enclosure over the front porch to give the house some depth and break up the monotony.

If we are joking around...shitte....stay in PDX...Bellingham has run up too much lately.
    Pretty serious - we're set on moving to B'ham and that house is a possibility but I would really want to have an idea of what we're doing and what it might cost before pulling the trigger. The price feels high even for the current RE feeding frenzy up there, but it is a very good location.

As far as price runup, I'm starting to think that Bellingham is like Bend or Aspen or something; prices may flatten or dip here and there, but the overall long term trend is up. It's too close to Seattle, with great outdoors access, and on the rail line to boot. Hoping that things settle down a bit over the winter (though I believe Ted said earlier we can't count on that); we'll see.

Totally fixable budget dependent. I'd rip the entryway down and at least dormer or full 2nd floor if it was in budget.

If you like the house, and it's solid, the rest is cosmetic. In this market I wouldn't let that sway me if it was the only downside.

Good luck

Totally fixable budget dependent. I'd rip the entryway down and at least dormer or full 2nd floor if it was in budget.

If you like the house, and it's solid, the rest is cosmetic. In this market I wouldn't let that sway me if it was the only downside.

Good luck

That sounds like about $200k remodel in this climate.

looking at the interiors & other exterior elevations, i'd find another option

you're probably thinking, "i'm happy to do a project here or there to get in the right neighborhood"

but this thing does not have "good bones" -- the remodel isn't just cosmetic
    it's an aggregation of bad DIY decisions that are a ton of work to undo
    each room
    each exterior elevation
    all poor decisions

embrace the depth of the remodel suck or find another option that's less ralph wiggum "I did it myself"

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    looking at the interiors & other exterior elevations, i'd find another option

you're probably thinking, "i'm happy to do a project here or there to get in the right neighborhood"

but this thing does not have "good bones" -- the remodel isn't just cosmetic
    it's an aggregation of bad DIY decisions that are a ton of work to undo
    each room
    each exterior elevation
    all poor decisions

embrace the depth of the remodel suck or find another option that's less ralph wiggum "I did it myself"

Agree, wrote something similar but didn't want to be the first one to rain on the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That sounds like about $200k remodel in this climate.
    Very likely without doing the lionshare of the work yourself. Lots of unknowns. OP should give some more info for better reccos, but WWFD (what would Fred do). And don't say raise and start over as that's a total copout.

Very likely without doing the lionshare of the work yourself. Lots of unknowns. OP should give some more info for better reccos, but WWFD (what would Fred do).
    Bong rips, right?

Not much to add, looking at moving to Bellingham because I now work in Bellevue and will occasionally need to make an appearance at the office, but infrequently enough that commuting is viable. We care about location, which for me means walkable / bikable to a grocery store, and ideally restaurants / breweries. Definitely willing to put in some sweat equity, but there are limits to what I'm able/willing to take on.