Page 107 of 384 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 9594
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Good thoughts on thickness for warmth (right Booner )

No cars will be on it. Bikes and trainer, rolling tool chest might be the heaviest.

I'll check into those horse mats. Murdochs just down the road from me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    And seconded on the horse stall mats for workout space. Picked up two of those 3/4" x 4' x 6' mats back in March when the gyms shut down. Bombproof.

edit: yeah, that's the new CA standard for joints in garages and driveways. Drains like a mofo though.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    And seconded on the horse stall mats for workout space. Picked up two of those 3/4" x 4' x 6' mats back in March when the gyms shut down. Bombproof.

edit: yeah, that's the new CA standard for joints in garages and driveways. Drains like a mofo though.
    Speaking of workout space.....whats the opinion on putting a treadmill on second floor over the garage? Even if I pay for some movers to get it up there..... I know floor should support it per building codes.....but am I asking for trouble being a 250lbs blob running on it? I tried the "heel drop" test and yes everything in the room shakes....desk, floor lamps, etc. Its a wood floor, non carpeted. Its not my idea....the GF's want...I picture about as much use as the stationary bike she bought 2 yrs ago sitting in the same room......0.00001% usage and seems like a lot of money and work for her to just "walk on"....but you know....women...maybe this belongs on the "I love my wife but..." thread?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Holy control joints!
    There are only two kinds of concrete...

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Speaking of workout space.....whats the opinion on putting a treadmill on second floor over the garage? Even if I pay for some movers to get it up there..... I know floor should support it per building codes.....but am I asking for trouble being a 250lbs blob running on it? I tried the "heel drop" test and yes everything in the room shakes....desk, floor lamps, etc. Its a wood floor, non carpeted. Its not my idea....the GF's want...I picture about as much use as the stationary bike she bought 2 yrs ago sitting in the same room......0.00001% usage and seems like a lot of money and work for her to just "walk on"....but you know....women...maybe this belongs on the "I love my wife but..." thread?
    What is the question exactly? If you put a treadmill on the house will it take off?

Cannot offer expert opinions without pics of GF, but buying her a treadmill and telling her she could stand to lose a couple pounds always goes over real well at Christmas.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

What is the question exactly? If you put a treadmill on the house will it take off?

Cannot offer expert opinions without pics of GF, but buying her a treadmill and telling her she could stand to lose a couple pounds always goes over real well at Christmas.

Question is....IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO PUT ON A SECOND FLOOR AND RUN ON IT?

As for the GF advice....she is the one that was gonna buy it not me....I threw out the question of "How are you expecting to get it upstairs and have you even looked into the idea that someone running on it will bounce the whole house?

I personally don't want it....I run outside.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    There are only two kinds of concrete...
    Haha. This guy gets it.

I find it particularly funny since the last two houses I've been building have finished concrete floors. Def no cracks.......

Question is....IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO PUT ON A SECOND FLOOR AND RUN ON IT?

As for the GF advice....she is the one that was gonna buy it not me....I threw out the question of "How are you expecting to get it upstairs and have you even looked into the idea that someone running on it will bounce the whole house?

I personally don't want it....I run outside.
    Your GF is 250 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Your GF is 250 lbs?
    No, but it goes along with the expectation that she will never use it so I will take advantage of it so that won't be a 100% waste.

I am glad I can answer all your questions....i wish someone could answer mine.

I bet it does. Your cat could hide in those.

Personally I like the coin tiles on garage floors.

I got my wife a vacuum for Christmas. True story. We're still married and get along reasonably well.

No, but it goes along with the expectation that she will never use it so I will take advantage of it so that won't be a 100% waste.

It's a fabulous idea.

Do you want an accurate answer, or some vague generality?
    Unknown details screw up many solutions.
    Pictures help.

I think if you have to ask, then it's not a great idea. I've had what I thought were great gift ideas(to me) being received with disappointment. I can only imagine how a more questionable idea might have been received.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

everything in the room shakes
    i think you know your answer

magic fingers

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    the last two houses I've been building have finished concrete floors. Def no cracks.......
    Yet. Or are you going all California on the control joints?

I have a buddy with a newly built house in Missoula that has concrete floors both on the main floor and upstairs and the control joints look exactly like in the picture above. I personally prefer less bullnose but I think more control joints is far preferable to random cracks everywhere.

i've used these in our studio w/ heated slab
    nice clean jt

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Do you want an accurate answer, or some vague generality?
    Unknown details screw up many solutions.
    Pictures help.
    MAybe someone who has tried it before and can say "Works great" or "don't do it man.....here's my experience..."

if the floor already shakes just by bouncing your heels on it, it is going to be a bad idea

what size/spacing are the floor joists anyway? & what span?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Yet. Or are you going all California on the control joints?

I have a buddy with a newly built house in Missoula that has concrete floors both on the main floor and upstairs and the control joints look exactly like in the picture above. I personally prefer less bullnose but I think more control joints is far preferable to random cracks everywhere.
    I forgot the winking emoticon.

Concrete floors that have cracked and concrete floors that are going to crack.

I don't do concrete but the last floor was 3" slab on floor joists. Still not sure why not the typical 1 1/2". Was radiant obviously. Plenty of control joints

Question is....IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO PUT ON A SECOND FLOOR AND RUN ON IT?.
    Here's what to do. You and your GF to put an appropriate outfits and follow along with this video

if you have any pictures left on your walls, you're good to go. You're not going to break your floor in any case, but it's going to shake like crazy. It will only accelerate your/her desire to never use it again because you/her will get all self contentious that you sound like a stampeding elephant.

Coin tiles are a bastard to get cleaned up imho. So many edges.

that was hilariously entrancing

Sirbumps, if no one's gonna use it, it'll be fine.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Need the collectives suggestions for flooring in the 3rd bay of a tandem garage (2car garage, with 3rd bay behind 1 stall). This area is used for my workshop, storage (Costco storage racks) and workout area. I'm in the process of painting it and want to add some sort of flooring over the concrete. Durability, easy clean and some warmth would be nice.

Thinking of some of the Home Depot coin flooring, which could be easily laid down and lightly glued around the edges.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Co...X1SG/204820743

Or, a fake wood flooring. Might be warmer, but durability is questionable, correct? The peel and stick tiles? Laminate wood flooring? I don't want to waste a bunch of money. Size is approx 14'x17', keeping it under $400 would be nice.

Suggestions?

BTW - sheetrock mudding is a pain in the ass, I knew I should have had them do the finish coat when the house was built.
    Agree with the other recons on horse stall mats, those things are indestructible. However I don't know how they will react to motor oil drippings long term. They are mode of shredded rubber tires I wouldn't be overly concerned. Cutting them true and square to make a perfect joint is not easy, get one extra to practice with. I like the ones from tractor supply, link below.

Also check out the two other links just to see the huge variety of what materials and systems are available. Both those web sites are pretty good for ideas and specifications.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t?cm_vc=-10005

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/ga...oring-CLP.html

https://www.greatmats.com/garage-flooring.php

One more point, other than B&M TSC stores having the horse pen mats in stock (most do IME) almost all this stuff ships in bulk on a pallet. And you either need a buddys loading/unloading dock or arrange for curbside freight dropoff. I suppose you could do UPS if the weight and size is reasonable.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

MAybe someone who has tried it before and can say "Works great" or "don't do it man.....here's my experience..."
    It's very likely more a question of who you'll annoy and what will fall off the wall downstairs than it is of damaging your structure. Big old slab of plywood with a rubber mat on it should help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Attachment 350935

Goddamn pic uploader.....You get the idea.

Nice work Seano! Even if the drain is on the side wall
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang