Page 241 of 385 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 9616
    give you an A for effort but wow
    thats alot of work your putting into that
    I feel like everyone else has given you good advice so far

ususally I have the 420 crew show up to level my floors they are really good and really fast but thats most of what they do in life smoke dope

here is my step by step
    -clean floor
    -if floor is real dirty use acid to clean it clean it again and and again till the acid is washed away
    -use a straight edge level or string lines to check the floor
    -use a lumber crayon and mark out low and high spots
    -fill in any gaps holes anything even the smallest hole that shit will run down the smallest pin hole use back rod caulk and or foil tape
    -spray primer on with a sprayer
    -if your doing a 1000 sq ft get a mixer if your just doing a small room get a bunch of 5 gallon buckets pre measure out water
    -go to the car smoke a bowl hang out
    -work as fast as you can seriously not rushing fast but keep moving no stopping
    -have one guy mixing pails of mud
    -depeneding on how bad it is and what your going for depends on how you mix it
    -follow the direction and get soup mix each bucket for almost ten minutes each
    -have multiple buckets mixed and ready to go before starting pour
    -lessen up on the water and you get a trowl mix I go for somewhere in between
    -start in the farthest corner work your way out of the room
    -the hod carrier mixes and you pour use a trowel to make the mud do what you want, follow your crayon markings
    -go home
    -come back and touch the floor up if need be
    -use leveler mixed to a trowel consistency or use vinyl patching compound
    -grinding should only be used for high spots in the prep phase I've got a hilti concrete grinder with a massive vac it makes quick work and is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    give you an A for effort but wow
    thats alot of work your putting into that
    I feel like everyone else has given you good advice so far

ususally I have the 420 crew show up to level my floors they are really good and really fast but thats most of what they do in life smoke dope

here is my step by step
    -clean floor
    -if floor is real dirty use acid to clean it clean it again and and again till the acid is washed away
    -use a straight edge level or string lines to check the floor
    -use a lumber crayon and mark out low and high spots
    -fill in any gaps holes anything even the smallest hole that shit will run down the smallest pin hole use back rod caulk and or foil tape
    -spray primer on with a sprayer
    -if your doing a 1000 sq ft get a mixer if your just doing a small room get a bunch of 5 gallon buckets pre measure out water
    -go to the car smoke a bowl hang out
    -work as fast as you can seriously not rushing fast but keep moving no stopping
    -have one guy mixing pails of mud
    -depeneding on how bad it is and what your going for depends on how you mix it
    -follow the direction and get soup mix each bucket for almost ten minutes each
    -have multiple buckets mixed and ready to go before starting pour
    -lessen up on the water and you get a trowl mix I go for somewhere in between
    -start in the farthest corner work your way out of the room
    -the hod carrier mixes and you pour use a trowel to make the mud do what you want, follow your crayon markings
    -go home
    -come back and touch the floor up if need be
    -use leveler mixed to a trowel consistency or use vinyl patching compound
    -grinding should only be used for high spots in the prep phase I've got a hilti concrete grinder with a massive vac it makes quick work and is a beast

thanks

it honestly hasn't been too much work but obviously way more than what a professional crew would do. trying to be judicious about where i hire contractors here, since i'm in over my head already.

mostly i spend time walking around, drinking beer, smoking a bowl and thinking about it. then i try something, bitch about it on the internet, smoke another bowl, wander around in the room, check the fridge for beer, get distracted by some other project, and then try something else

so far it's been a good cadence. i'll get it figured out. it'll just take me 5x longer than it should have.

for now i'm fucking stoked on the angle grinder. this thing rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Silicosis is no joke

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This cannot be over-emphasized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This cannot be over-emphasized.
    yeh I got a real respirator with the pink cartridges yesterday

I don't think I had enough exposure to get silicosis on my first day working - 2 to 3 hours, with an n95 and a vacuum running on the grinder and all windows and doors open to the outside.

still, I don't wanna risk it

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

I don't think I had enough exposure to get silicosis on my first day working - 2 to 3 hours, with an n95 and a vacuum running on the grinder and all windows and doors open to the outside.

You’re going to elicit a rare positive comment from me, but I am getting a real kick out of reading the travails of your home improvement project. You have far too good an attitude for a dude whose kitchen is torn apart.

Also, where was the vacuum exhaust blowing, and what was it blowing through? Silicosis is serious, but I see guys grinding/cutting concrete in enclosed spaces with no PPE of any kind at least once or twice a week. Definitely don’t do that.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You’re going to elicit a rare positive comment from me, but I am getting a real kick out of reading the travails of your home improvement project. You have far too good an attitude for a dude whose kitchen is torn apart.

Also, where was the vacuum exhaust blowing, and what was it blowing through? Silicosis is serious, but I see guys grinding/cutting concrete in enclosed spaces with no PPE of any kind at least once or twice a week. Definitely don’t do that.
    it is because i am also proletariat, comrade. power to the working class!

in all seriousness i got worse shit to stress out about than this. like the fact that the closet flange on my toilet is busted. that's definitely worse shit, as in, i'm covered in shit and it took me like an hour just to come to that conclusion. every time i start tightening the bolts down they get like 80% tight and then one of the bolts just busts through like it's spring loaded. fuck me.

it is because i am also proletariat, comrade. power to the working class!

in all seriousness i got worse shit to stress out about than this. like the fact that the closet flange on my toilet is busted. that's definitely worse shit, as in, i'm covered in shit and it took me like an hour just to come to that conclusion. every time i start tightening the bolts down they get like 80% tight and then one of the bolts just busts through like it's spring loaded. fuck me.
    Honestly, man, I think that you should start a YouTube channel. Feature your endless (mis)adventures with your diy projects, and have your wife make cameos to randomly retrieve misplaced sex toys from your work areas. It would be a hoot. Then you can conclude each episode with some kind of ultra nerdy coffee preparation lesson.

I've seen weirder shit than that get monetized on YT.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Honestly, man, I think that you should start a YouTube channel. Feature your endless (mis)adventures with your diy projects, and have your wife make cameos to randomly retrieve misplaced sex toys from your work areas. It would be a hoot. Then you can conclude each episode with some kind of ultra nerdy coffee preparation lesson.

At this rate he might not have a wife much longer. Most wives can deal with a fucked up garage but a fucked up kitchen and toilet=couch city. Try the bolt tightening with the toilet removed. You must likely have some sort of alignment issue where the head of the fasten is too small or is near the opening. Do it on the down low or you might get red tagged for not pulling a permit for your waxing.

She’s Russian, they put up with shit to a limit

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    IDK, she could go all Putin and op'll wish he only had silicosis...........

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    you're confusing socialites from moscow and st. petersburg (usually the ones who have enough money to emigrate) with the working class from eastern russia. mrs tgapp is the latter.

mrs tgapp grew up spending summers in her dacha, without electricity, plumbing, or running water. when she wasn't there she lived in a 450sqft apartment with 4 adults living in it. she drops anecdotes all the time about her mom not being able to pay the power bill and them just not having power for 9 months or whatever.

she's pretty resilient, i just have to remember to stop by the russian store to pick up sunflower seeds and russian pickles and herring.

That’s what I meant. there are a number of Russian emigres near me (enough for a church or two, a food store or three, and some small businesses, enough for farmers to grow fruit for them to harvest) and none of them are rich socialites. I’ve never seen them at the Russian art museum(maybe because it has commie stuff?). It wasn’t meant as an insult at all, more a compliment

you're confusing socialites from moscow and st. petersburg (usually the ones who have enough money to emigrate) with the working class from eastern russia. mrs tgapp is the latter.

mrs tgapp grew up spending summers in her dacha, without electricity, plumbing, or running water. when she wasn't there she lived in a 450sqft apartment with 4 adults living in it. she drops anecdotes all the time about her mom not being able to pay the power bill and them just not having power for 9 months or whatever.

she's pretty resilient, i just have to remember to stop by the russian store to pick up sunflower seeds and russian pickles and herring.
    Keep the bar low, as long as you can. When immigrants get used to the good life they get soft FAST. I should know, compared to my parents I'm soft as fuck and require a good flushing toilet for my morning shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Keep the bar low, as long as you can. When immigrants get used to the good life they get soft FAST. I should know, compared to my parents I'm soft as fuck and require a good flushing toilet for my morning shit.
    Ha, ironically, the importance of this toilet is it's the one with the heated seat and heated bidet.

be aware that it gets in the clothes your wearing too and try not to bring it into the house
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Ha, ironically, the importance of this toilet is it's the one with the heated seat and heated bidet.

You best get that thing fixed or you'll be an involuntary priest sooner than you would like.

t

mostly i spend time walking around, drinking beer, smoking a bowl and thinking about it. then i try something, bitch about it on the internet, smoke another bowl, wander around in the room, check the fridge for beer, get distracted by some other project, and then try something else

s.
    do I need to buy you a plane tickets lets go
    social services called today and they needed to check on one of my employees I prefer them over probabtion and writing letters to judges
    hired

This

Might work
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bought something like that just in case, but I actually got it to work by putting a washer on the closet bolt and slipping both of them through the flange. Toilet is operational again.

not sure what you've got going on there on the tank
    big black dildo?
    are my eyes going bad?

That's a weird looking plunger.

Suction cup base pulling double doody, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    and have your wife make cameos to randomly retrieve misplaced sex toys from your work areas. It would be a hoot. Then you can conclude each episode with some kind of ultra nerdy coffee preparation lesson.

now i get it

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    now i get it
    It can be tough to keep up sometimes.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Anyone have a suggestion for a convection/panel heater for a guest bedroom?

120v - wall mount, preferably hardwired with the ability to wire up a separate thermostat. Room is 10x10.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion for a convection/panel heater for a guest bedroom?

120v - wall mount, preferably hardwired with the ability to wire up a separate thermostat. Room is 10x10.

I bought two of these https://www.eheat.com/