Page 172 of 208 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5191
  1. #4276
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,161
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    I thought its common sense not to have goodies or goodie crumbs in a shed
    Mice will knaw thru wood for food
    Mice wont know the shed is a shed if they cant smell something attractive
    Yep first step is always remove the attractors. Food of any kind they will search and get....it's not shelter they are after most times.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  2. #4277
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,352
    Virtually impossible to keep rodents out of a shed unless it is built very well.

    This woman has been looking for a sucker on Front Porch Forum for this job for a while, good luck.

    Seeking Someone to Rebuild/Fix a Rotted Shed

    Kira Clement • Grand Hollow Road, Warren

    Seeking recommendations
    Rebuild/fix a rotted shed and make it rodent proof

    Ozzy Man with a timely video

    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  3. #4278
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,026
    I've seen mice go right through my stone fireplace surround, although that says more about the idiot who built it (probably previous owner himself) than about mice.

  4. #4279
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've seen mice go right through my stone fireplace surround, although that says more about the idiot who built it (probably previous owner himself) than about mice.
    Cross forum post
    Sounds like a house mouse
    You need a pair of these

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20210718-164342_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	379819
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210705_124409.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	379818  

  5. #4280
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    689
    “Great stuff” foam is sold in a pest blocking variety. No idea what’s in it, but it’s worth a shot. For bigger critters use hardware cloth to cover any gaps. And kill the fuckers with poison or an electronic trap. The zap trap I got last year has nuked about two dozen mice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

  6. #4281
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    “Great stuff” foam is sold in a pest blocking variety. No idea what’s in it, but it’s worth a shot. For bigger critters use hardware cloth to cover any gaps. And kill the fuckers with poison or an electronic trap. The zap trap I got last year has nuked about two dozen mice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up
    Ive been out of the foam game for a while

  7. #4282
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,245
    What is the collective opinion of using a product like SimpleMat for tiling jobs? Is it worth heading in that direction or will that be too much work? Are there other tiling shortcuts I should know about?

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

  8. #4283
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,262
    Burn the building down.

  9. #4284
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,245
    Is this in relation to my question or the ratshed, riser?

    Seriously, any mag who knows this kinda shit and wouldn't mind answering random questions now and then... I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink to pick your brain. Just don't wanna cunt up this thread with a million dumb questions

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

  10. #4285
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,611
    Never heard of it…all our installs are Kerdi these days
    (except CA, where they seem to like traditional mud…)

  11. #4286
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,262
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Is this in relation to my question or the ratshed, riser?

    Seriously, any mag who knows this kinda shit and wouldn't mind answering random questions now and then... I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink to pick your brain. Just don't wanna cunt up this thread with a million dumb questions

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Sorry, rat shed.

  12. #4287
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    <snip> I'd gladly trade you as much dope coffee as you can drink
    Wait. Dope coffee?

    Name:  smoking-chimp.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  42.4 KB

  13. #4288
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    24,680
    I was part of a project where the tin roof had to be pulled off a BC lodge completly, all the insulation fixed all the holes sealed off with the armoured mesh cuz of rodents

    the mice went thru the roof making tunnels and nests, so the martens seeing a good meal followed them in, ate all the mice but left a mess, right next to the stove pipe they had knocked a piece of wood which was slightly charred but didnt catch

    I was on the water project which was also a huge job but pulling a roof off and putting it all back looked like a huge job
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  14. #4289
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I was part of a project where the tin roof had to be pulled off a BC lodge completly, all the insulation fixed all the holes sealed off with the armoured mesh cuz of rodents

    the mice went thru the roof making tunnels and nests, so the martens seeing a good meal followed them in, ate all the mice but left a mess, right next to the stove pipe they had knocked a piece of wood which was slightly charred but didnt catch

    I was on the water project which was also a huge job but pulling a roof off and putting it all back looked like a huge job
    I think you are the most “Canadian” of any Canadians posting here. Kudos.

    And I don’t mean that as a bad thing by the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #4290
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,352
    That simplemat shit looks like something a housewife would use to surprise her husband after watching an HG network show.
    For a quality tile job there are no shortcuts. Trust me, I have seen a shitton of fucked up tile.

  16. #4291
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,702
    I'd like to get fastfred's opinion.

    But until then I agree with VT-Free. IMO other than trowels and plastic buckets, pretty much anything you buy at HD in the tile aisle will guarantee a fucked up tile job. That shit is taking it to a new level of fuckupedness.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  17. #4292
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    24,680
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I think you are the most “Canadian” of any Canadians posting here. Kudos.

    And I don’t mean that as a bad thing by the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    could be a canadian bot eh

    I always laugh at the steel wool mitigation for rodent issues and now I see we got rodent proof foam,

    so what do you do when it doesnt work, well you do it again or maybe the structure fire takes care of it

    I think yer takeaway should be don't do a chicken-shit-job

    or in this case a marten-shit-job
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-23-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #4293
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,966
    Sorry not a remodel question but I’m not really familiar with well pump/pressure tank set ups. Should the well pump run constantly when running a garden hose? I don’t seem to remember it running constantly before. For other use, it seems like the pump will run for 15-20 seconds after a toilet flush and sink run. Google seems to think that is running too often and for too short of a cycle?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  19. #4294
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,161
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Sorry not a remodel question but I’m not really familiar with well pump/pressure tank set ups. Should the well pump run constantly when running a garden hose? I don’t seem to remember it running constantly before. For other use, it seems like the pump will run for 15-20 seconds after a toilet flush and sink run. Google seems to think that is running too often and for too short of a cycle?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Pressure tank should fill from well pump and the water comes from there. When my pump died we had water, from tank, until it ran dry. Sounds like the pump is working too much to me.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  20. #4295
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,352
    If the bladder fails in the tank it will short cycle and run after each flush ect. or constantly using a hose.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  21. #4296
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,966
    So a pressure tank replacement is needed? Is there any other way to diagnose or are those symptoms enough?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #4297
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,254
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    So a pressure tank replacement is needed? Is there any other way to diagnose or are those symptoms enough?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Watch the pressure gauge when the water is turned on.
    And also when the pump cycles on.

    But yeah, bladders go bad after 20 years.
    I’d agree with the diagnosis
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  23. #4298
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    So a pressure tank replacement is needed? Is there any other way to diagnose or are those symptoms enough?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hold on, you need to check what kind of controller you have. You might have a constant pressure controller, where your pump will run most of the time, but at variable speeds to match water usage.

  24. #4299
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,966
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Hold on, you need to check what kind of controller you have. You might have a constant pressure controller, where your pump will run most of the time, but at variable speeds to match water usage.
    But I never noticed it running this much when I moved in. If it were variable speed could you hear the different speeds? What would I look for.

    Took a look at the tank. It has a schrader valve up top but no gauge. I’ll throw a gauge on there and take a look.

  25. #4300
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    3,682
    The controller is going to be an electrical box pretty close to the pressure tank. It will have a wire going to a pressure switch down at the bottom of the pressure tank. Get a model number of the controller and put it in Google.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •