Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this couch exist

It has to let people know that I ski 122 days a year, earn my turns, but can afford 2 or 3 weeks in Shamoknee when the mood strikes. It has to tell people that I wear arcteryx underwear and a patagonia bathrobe. That I have 14 different carbon seatposts, from which I choose depending upon the granularity of the trail. And most importantly, it must, and on this I will not compromise, it must have a din above 16. With wide brakes.

If that's unattainable, what I really want is something that has a slight "L" shape, is super fucking comfortable, converts into a bed (hoping there is something on the market that isnt a fold out, unless they have vastly improved that whole scenario) and isnt hell to clean if a dog uses it as a tampon or a baby uses it as a vomitorium. Value is great but dont mind spending the dough if this exists.

Post of the month!

Don't get a sleeper sofa. You will have a heavy couch with an uncomfortable bed and unwelcome house guests.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

American Leather. Not sure any shapes are offered, but they have the sleeper down.

pm rontele.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's one awesome cheese grater, but I am looking for something even less comfortable. The Eames name almost sells it though.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    That's one awesome cheese grater, but I am looking for something even less comfortable. The Eames name almost sells it though.
    Try dynafit toes on the arm rest, throw pillows made of skins (sticky side out) and a coffee table laminated with maps from exotic-sounding yet well-known ski areas and touring hot spots.

Are we talkin turboo or fuel injected couch?
    watch out for snakes

Get after it!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Sounds like you don't need a couch, but a quiver of couches.
    I still call it The Jake.

You're looking for the rear seat from an Audi RS6 Avant.

http://m.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a6/rs6-avant.html

You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Hugh Conway Guest
    leather, branded and tattooed with the same designs as the tattoos sported by your action sports heros.

if not that, apparently rontele says there's nothing quite like getting your face stuffed into whale scrotum leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    American Leather. Not sure any shapes are offered, but they have the sleeper down.
    These are by far the best sleeper sofas out there. They are actually comfortable beds. And they are righteous couches too. Despite the company name you can use fabric so what it's covered with is up to you. They show some pics of L-shaped setups on the site so I would have to assume that's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    These are by far the best sleeper sofas out there. They are actually comfortable beds. And they are righteous couches too. Despite the company name you can use fabric so what it's covered with is up to you. They show some pics of L-shaped setups on the site so I would have to assume that's an option.
    3rded. We've had one for about 2 years now in Snowbird. Most comfortable bed in the place - better than the box springs. Unfortunately the Lodge went with the overstuffed cushions, which aren't all that great but work fine. Wish they'd gone a little more modern.

Tech Talk Jong

We are looking at getting a pretty nice Futon for our guest room to save space so we can use it as an office. There's some pretty nice frames for them these days, not just your typical dorm room stuff anymore.

Great things about Futons: Comfortable to sleep on, easy to move, easy to clean or replace the cover when the offspring use it as a vomitorium.

Try the padded seats thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

my couch quiver would have one of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1959_Cadillac_Couch_2_.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	157683
    watch out for snakes

Just buy one of Rontele's gently-used casting couches.

Those stains will come right out. Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They show some pics of L-shaped setups on the site so I would have to assume that's an option.
    Not finding any L's in the American Leather sleeper models. They look pretty killer, but I may need something a bit less refined and a bit more loungy. More like this, but with a sleeper tucked in there somewhere:

edit: apparently this thing does have a sleeper in it, but I found it on some weird blog site with no accompanying info.

Your needs are starting to outstrip TGR's expertise. I recommend;

http://www.rollsroyceforums.com/forums/

And FFS, please read the stickies before posting.

Try Leathers in Issaquah. Pricy stuff but if they don't have it in stock they can get you whatever you want. Ask for the owner Mitch.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Try Leathers in Issaquah. Pricy stuff but if they don't have it in stock they can get you whatever you want. Ask for the owner Mitch.
    Sounds like Rontele's favorite bar.

And I will check it out, thanks.

how does something have a slight L shape?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how does something have a slight L shape?
    Good question. Perpendicular is perpendicular. I just meant that I dont want the bottom of the "L" be super long, i.e. nowhere near as long as the main sitting area on the couch.

So, shaped like an "L"?