Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

News flash: I can me kind of a douche sometimes; Metro North Edition

So last night I get on the gain home, a bit shattered and exhausted from various elements in my life (work, baldness, scuffed loafer), and settle in with my book and a couple of pops hoping to unwind.

Some douchebag decides to make a phone call before the train has even left the station, standing in the vestibule right where I am sitting. He talks for 5 minutes or so and as the train starts moving through the tunnel he loses reception. Figured that would take care of it. We come out of the tunnel and he calls his buddy back. He is on the phone, talking loudly, for the next FORTY FIVE minutes before he hangs up. The whole end of the car closest to him is rolling their eyes and staring at him, waiting for him to get the message.

Finally we pull into Stamford and he hangs up. At this point he is blocking the aisle so people can't get off. They finally squeeze past him and I stand up next to him and say "so you finished your call? That's AWESOME!" And sit back down.

He goes to apologize and I stick my middle finger in his face and say "FUCK OFF" rather loudly. People are a little taken aback- I myself was a little stunned at my own behavior. It's actually not like me. What a badass, right?

Anyway, now I feel like a dick. And I'm probably 1 degree of separation from him in out little burb. Whoops.
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

anger is a gift, Larry.
    use it
    crab in my shoe mouth

If you see him, ask about his wife.

Scary thing is I will probably seek him out to apologize tonight and end up buying him a beer.

I dunno, probably got it all out of your system before you got off the train. Didn't even feel the need to kick the dog or holler aimlessly at the children when you got home, right? That's a win as far as I'm concerned.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Scary thing is I will probably seek him out to apologize tonight and end up buying him a beer.
    yeah, don't do that, entitled douche, got his.
    forget about it, big cat!
    crab in my shoe mouth

bummer about the loafer...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Nailed it.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Nope, not a dick move at all I respect the hell out of it Larry.

Here's my Advice: Go ahead and drop $50 on a cell phone jammer. Endless hours of entertainment on an otherwise shitty commute....

Everytime someone is making an obnoxiously loud call, press the button and watch his face, its classic. Then in 30 seconds when he gets reception back and re-dials, jam it again. Repeat as necessary. Unfortunately I no longer take the train so I gave mine away otherwise I would overnight down to the gold coast for you. My Best Friend's wife now keeps it in her purse now and seems to enjoy it as much as i did.

When they put too many lab rats in the small cage they will try to kill each other

probably a good idea, just offer the same lame excuse you gave us
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falling-Down-1993-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	157382...........
    Silent....but shredly.

I stand up next to him and say "so you finished your call? That's AWESOME!" And sit back down.

He goes to apologize and I stick my middle finger in his face and say "FUCK OFF"
    You stuck your finger in his face while you were sitting down and he was standing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you were a TRUE douche...you would have emptied one of those "pops" over his stupid head.

If you were a man, you would have approached him after 10 minutes, not 45, and suggested he wrap up the call, or speak a bit more softly...

So you appear to lie somewhere between man and douche. That is a very wide chasm my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You stuck your finger in his face while you were sitting down and he was standing up?
    Yes- wasn't trying to be physical. Happy to hit back if he swung first but did not need that issue on my hands...

Yes- wasn't trying to be physical. Happy to hit back if he swung first but did not need that issue on my hands...
    The body language you exuded by sticking your finger in his face while seated probably curtailed any thought he might have had for fistycuffs?

hit him? You should have drawn your piece on him, this is not Nam this is america goddamn it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YedqV4Gl_us
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

$50 cell phone jammer aye....? ....off to google such a thing...bye

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The body language you exuded by sticking your finger in his face while seated probably curtailed any thought he might have had for fistycuffs?
    Can't say I really thought it through-

typical old fuck behavior

cant get the "new rules" cause their too old and dumb

sleep
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    $50 cell phone jammer aye....? ....off to google such a thing...bye

cell jammers are a federal offense dude

thats why we dont all have them
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I think the lesson here is you don't wanna mess with me- I might make a sarcastic remark, give you the finger and then tell you to fuck off in a raised and angry tone...

Anyone not using adblock and getting an awesome "Concealed Carry" Ad with a picture of a gun on the right side of your browser while in this thread?

Buying him a beer may get you off his kill list.

Every time I hear a story like this I think of interviews with MMA guys who had someone road rage on them, flip out, or threaten to kick their ass.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Anyone not using adblock and getting an awesome "Concealed Carry" Ad with a picture of a gun on the right side of your browser while in this thread?
    swimoutlet, chick in thong.