Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: CCDB Inline Air

Actually the range and the megatrail are almost identical with the MT in trail or supergravity mode. SG mode just increases the leverage so the starting and end points are a little higher. Really really similar curves though.

But yeah I thought that shock was kind of meh on that bike. The overall leverage is really the only difference between the two frames (2.5 for the range, 2.8 for the MT). Yeah I rode the MT with zero, one and two waffle strips. Just couldn't get rid of some looseness in it that I just ended up riding overdamped.

The differences have left me torn on that shock. I have no idea the history of the ones on the MT bike though. They may have had a hard life before they got to me.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

But you found a sweet spot that you like on the Range?

My frame is about 2.75. It's replacement I have drawn up in CAD is 2.57. I still need to play around with finding a happy linear/progressive curve. My first frame was just eye balled.

If I wasn't a closet weight weenie I'd just get a Vivid R2C coil.

Yeah did the same thing with both bikes. Started dead in the middle of both compression settings and went click by click (well sort of HS stuff.....no 'clicks' really), all the way out on the HSR and just set the LSR to work with the air pressure. Just little tweaks from there. Love the one on my bike......not so much on the MT with way more fiddling.

I want to see what gen 2 looks like when you get something finalized. If you want an easy one to rip off, just do a scaled down version of that dh frame guerilla gravity makes. No linkages to mess with It might be a hassle to duplicate that huge pivot though.......but necessary if you don't want it flexing all over the place.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

ERMEGOD! Inline Coil CS. Enduro will never be the same.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/cane-cr...bike-2015.html
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

bump.

Any consensus/rumors/hearsay on reliability of the DB Inline vs DB Air CS?

I got a DB Inline on my new canyon strive... I love to trail-tinker so I dig the adjustability. It rode great for like 8 rides until the compression damping failed.

It's in the mail heading back to CC for a rebuild. I can upgrade to a CC DBAir CS for $185 extra, or keep the rebuilt DB Inline. DB air is 180g heavier, which I can deal with if the Inline is prone to keep failing and the DBAir is not. Is the bigger shock supposed to have more reliable damping or are there as many failures on the DBAir?

Everyone I know with an Inline has had it fail multiple times. Most of them have given up and switched to something else. DB Air durability seems to be much better - more or less on par with Rockshox / Fox / whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Everyone I know with an Inline has had it fail multiple times.
    Not me. Don't know why, because everyone ELSE I know has had problems. It's on kind of a low leverage bike, maybe that has something to do with it.

The one that came on my Warden last fall went kaput quickly, but the replacement has been fine.