Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CCDB Inline Air

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    When they do what they claim to do, yeah I had fun with a boxer damper removed from my fork. That ending stroke (high speed) damper doesn't do what it claims to do. And the ending stroke rebound damps the entire travel range just like every other fork. But with the LSR completely backed off, I could run through the range of the HSR damper and not feel a lick of difference. Maybe they're not independently functioning though....

I use them on the rear on my DHR but that thing has a really weird leverage curve. That's the only bike I've ridden and had time to mess with them though. I'm not sure I'd say it's a necessity, or even relevant on all frames (like shirk's here). I don't think I'd be as picky about it on my trail bike (also dw but with a very consistent curve).

I bounced around on buddy's a pivot mach 6 that had a float x on it. In terms of what I've most disliked about fox air shocks lately, it seems they'd started addressing that. IE: really weird compression damping settings.

How heavy is the inline cane creek? The db air ones are freakin heavy. That was actually my biggest gripe.
    FWIW Woo H and L speed c and r are very much non-independent (unless we're talking CCDB - then they might be). Adjusting one effects the other and vice-versa - to some extent. Its just they *mostly* effect high or low speed. That's where they get their names from...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    Ridden a Vivid Air a whole bunch. Good shock. Far more linear however (although tunable). Realize, I wasn't having problems with bottom out but the actual spring rate as a whole.

I am not complaining now however, Monarch Plus is kicking ass!!
    Interesting - thought I had read somewhere it was pretty progressive. Good to know.

CCDB Inline Air

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I bounced around on buddy's a pivot mach 6 that had a float x on it. In terms of what I've most disliked about fox air shocks lately, it seems they'd started addressing that. IE: really weird compression damping settings.
    That Mach 6 has really low leverage right in the middle of travel - it might be masking what you (still) dislike about Fox shocks? (good suspension design? haha)

FWIW Woo H and L speed c and r are very much non-independent (unless we're talking CCDB - then they might be). Adjusting one effects the other and vice-versa - to some extent. Its just they *mostly* effect high or low speed. That's where they get their names from...
    But the knobs are in different places on the rear shocks!

I guess was thinking of the boxxer dampers as being position dependent since that's how their function is described.....end of the stroke vs. top. I'll admit, with something completely linear like a fork, I could never tell much difference fiddling with the ESR/HSR damper. It seemed like the beginning stroke damper did all work, no matter where in the travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    That Mach 6 has really low leverage right in the middle of travel - it might be masking what you (still) dislike about Fox shocks? (good suspension design? haha)
    It's hard to tell just bouncing on it. It just felt really loose, which to me indicated the shock was lacking the pump track specific low speed compression damping that every RP23 I've had over the last few years was tuned with, 'low' compression tunes included.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 08-07-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Interesting - thought I had read somewhere it was pretty progressive. Good to know.

Their goal was to match that of a coil shock being its more DH specific. Although it is close to coil shock its still slightly more progressive than a "traditional" coil.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guid...-Air-R2C,12844

My review is there...

For a Mach 6 I think the Float X would be good. Not mind blowing but good. Again, I don't know why you wouldn't go Monarch Plus Debonair though....

Another option to cloud the waters.

http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/shocks/swinger/

HSC
    LCS
    R
    Volume and bottom out adjustable.

I know people that really liked their ISX-6 and this is basically the same with a lock out.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Another option to cloud the waters.

http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/shocks/swinger/

HSC
    LCS
    R
    Volume and bottom out adjustable.

I know people that really liked their ISX-6 and this is basically the same with a lock out.
    I'd hold off on much from Manitou untill they gain some credibility (again).

Too bad they haven't really got it together in forever. I think they were the first oem shock company with h and lsc . I kept thinking I could sell my cc db off my demo and buy 2 next to new isx 6's (lil bike and dh bike). Sell shock off my lil bike along with my 888 and get a new dorado. Flaw in the plan was isx air doesn't fit my demo. They can't seem to give away their shocks on Pb buy n sell. Idk where to get them serviced in Canada. I don't think there's even a distributor here now. For the last few yrs the ? Has been will they go tits up and will I b able to get parts. At the same time I here great things about how they ride and durability

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Installed the inline on my Bronson last week and feel like I have the settings pretty dialed in now.

Feels like a CC twin tube shock, no surprise there. The climb mode setting is overly restrictive, at least on the Bronson. No heat issues on long descents. So yeah, for trail/AM bikes where you want lightish weight but decent performance it seems to be a stronger choice than a float X. I like the full adjustability but not everyone does.
    I"m putting a CCDBair ( piggyback) on my Pivot Firebird to see if it will be more plush at the bottom end of hard hits. The Pivot, like the SC, I don't think would benefit from the climb mode since both bikes are very good climbers, not as active as a single pivot or horst link bike.

I recently bought a Knolly Warden with the CCDBair with the climb switch and WOW is that shock ever better then the RP23 that was on my Chilcotin before. Better pedaling platform, way better popiness in descent mode. Not as wallowing.

I think the active suspension bikes would benefit the most from this shock, don't know about the inline, I think this shock won't hurt the firebird.
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Interested in one of these for my Altitude, have any of you heard of anyone running this setup?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The covert is super linear to start and then falls off in the end. What this translates to is a bike that uses too much travel at inappropriate times. This is actually something plenty of riders may actually like as it can feel "plush" at low speed and despite never "feeling" bottom utilized all its travel ALL the time. When pushed hard however, its not so ideal.
    I agree about the Covert. But would go farther and say its really linear all the way. Consequently it needs more compression that the FloatX can handle. That's fine in slow speed tech which is 90% of my riding but in the higher speed chunk - bikepark, Leavenworth etc. then it does get a bit overmatched in that the rear suspension has a tough time catching up to the front end (RS Pike which is simply sublime)

Jeffrey Jim, can you comment on performance of a Rockshox Debonair vs a CCDBA-CS? Running it on a new T275 vpp bike. Have the cane creek, and I love the shock, just curious if it's worth the 1lb weight penalty. As far as adjustments go, I just run what intense recommends, but added a 1/4 turn hsr. I feel like since i'm not screwing with it, I could achieve the same thing with a debonair?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I agree about the Covert. But would go farther and say its really linear all the way. Consequently it needs more compression that the FloatX can handle. That's fine in slow speed tech which is 90% of my riding but in the higher speed chunk - bikepark, Leavenworth etc. then it does get a bit overmatched in that the rear suspension has a tough time catching up to the front end (RS Pike which is simply sublime)
    Why don't you put this shit in your reviews? (may have missed it...)

I just updated my Santa Cruz 5010c with a 140mm Pike up front and a DB Inline in the back. The bike feels soooo much bigger now. I have been thrilled with the Inline compared to the stock CTD. Still getting the tune fully dialed, but the pairing front and rear makes this bike feel like a mini endure machine that can still climb. I also really like the fact that I can half engage the climb switch to give partial climbing damping.

Why don't you put this shit in your reviews? (may have missed it...)
    I said that it needs to be ridden in trail mode with more compression,

Also wrote the review in mid May, The bike park and Leavenworth was in mid June then the review got published after i had the high speed experiences

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Too bad they haven't really got it together in forever. I think they were the first oem shock company with h and lsc . I kept thinking I could sell my cc db off my demo and buy 2 next to new isx 6's (lil bike and dh bike). Sell shock off my lil bike along with my 888 and get a new dorado. Flaw in the plan was isx air doesn't fit my demo. They can't seem to give away their shocks on Pb buy n sell. Idk where to get them serviced in Canada. I don't think there's even a distributor here now. For the last few yrs the ? Has been will they go tits up and will I b able to get parts. At the same time I here great things about how they ride and durability
    Zac one of their North American tech's lives in North Van and can sort out service. They are sorting out new Canadian distribution, not sure what happened with them and Trident.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLineSeeker View Post
    I also really like the fact that I can half engage the climb switch to give partial climbing damping.
    I guess I missed that in the press release. Is it infinitely adjustable or just an on/half/off scenario?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Zac one of their North American tech's lives in North Van and can sort out service. They are sorting out new Canadian distribution, not sure what happened with them and Trident.
    That's good. Like I said, hope they get it sorted. They need some oem sales. Only one I can think of is top of line aurum with a dorado and maybe khs. Maybe those are even last yrs models. More and more it's sounding like the inline fits the bill for me. Still like to hear how that debonair compares to the inline

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I guess I missed that in the press release. Is it infinitely adjustable or just an on/half/off scenario?
    Thy do not really talk about it anywhere, but it is infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Jeffrey Jim, can you comment on performance of a Rockshox Debonair vs a CCDBA-CS? Running it on a new T275 vpp bike. Have the cane creek, and I love the shock, just curious if it's worth the 1lb weight penalty. As far as adjustments go, I just run what intense recommends, but added a 1/4 turn hsr. I feel like since i'm not screwing with it, I could achieve the same thing with a debonair?
    Sure.

I find Rockshox air sprung stuff to be the best out there simply because they have the "spring" part of the equation more dialed than any of the competition. Hence, specifically on the T275 vpp, a very well suspension platform, I think you'll find the Debonair Monarch Plus to be very much to your liking. The Double Barrel is an awesome shock in the coil sprung edition. Not so psyched on the air sprung variation although it is still very good (just a far cry from the coil - again, because they don't have the spring as dialed as RS - mostly due to a patent RS has on the design of their air stuff).

Sweet. Might give the debonair a go then. I don't fuck with my suspension enough to really care about the tunability of the cccdba

Jeffrey Jim, any thoughts on the below?
    Last edited by markcjr; 08-12-2014 at 11:45 PM.

I did this on my phone, basically Sam from intense told me to get the normal rc3 plus not the debonair can. I already have the Cane Creek. I have a feeling they have something worked out with cane creek so maybe they shouldn't recommend anything else or is that just me being suspicious

Sorry for the thread hijack! It's the only place I'm getting some info on this. Go cc-inline
    Last edited by markcjr; 08-12-2014 at 11:46 PM.