Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Roolz

ob la di.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Bullshit on all accounts. I never would have a problem someone taking laps around me go for it but he could have skied down the main line of Chute and been nowhere near me instead he skis diwn right on top of me right in the boot pack. Whatever he's your buddy now. You can have em. Feeling fine thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    On all accounts? the 50 degrees! It's fucking Tuckerman.

Pretty sure you introduced or mentioned Rog to me the first time since we're both alum of the EMS scene, but yeah I get along fine with him, but I've skied and biked with you 10 times more than with him. Actually, I've skied once and biked once with him and that's it. He helps me out a lot with gear and repair work...it's all good. I know he did for you also to the extent you can at corpmerica.

Glad you're healing up.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Then we have the Icelanticskier situation. The only well known (infamous) poster to be banned (that I know of), who didn't break any of the rules.
    LOL... you think he's gone? HA! And the person behind that old login has broke plenty of the rulez.

And just as a word of caution MODs coming from someone in the know. Once you ban someone, especially ones that are complete asshats, their TRUE colors shine and try to do everything to circumvent that banning of one screen name and begin making more, and more, and more. There is no way to permanently ban anyone if they are even slightly internet savvy and trolls usually are. Usually turning them into a bigger cunt than you started with and where does that leave you... and us?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Can we all stfu and agree that ryan dunfee is a bad writer?
    IMNSHO Ryan made a one time mistake by coming on the board and defending/discussing/finally dissing his snowmobile piece and similarly mods and tgr owners and associates shouldn't discuss individual bans. Counterproductive on all counts.

Unibonger
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    In all fairness, I am sure Rog did not mean anything evil or mean regarding the Tunnel Creek incident. What he was saying, is they acted in group think and died, whereas RT3 was solo, but survived. Obviously it was in poor taste, but given the shit being floated RT3's way, it was a valid point. I don't agree with most of his decisions, but he's entitled to his opinion.

Only problem with Rog, is he shared those opinions 24/7, on every thread, and turned this into a Rog-centric universe. He would then feed off the backlash and relished the attention. It got old and many here just got sick of it.
    This. Exactly the issue. He has his pluses, but JFC with the incessant posting, the fat bikes, markers, helmet, leashes, solo touring kookisms.....We already know your pov. Everybody here knows your opinion, You don't have to repeat it in every thread! ....but he loved the attention, like a child that would rather take negative attention over no attention at all.

With all that said; I'll miss him in the surf forum, and enjoyed his ability to get everyone worked up without, generally, being mean spirited. (Like creaky)

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

...You can hate him for those opinions, and can be justified in that hatred, but I don't think that should amount to a ban.
    He wasn't banned (I assume) or hated for his opinions, he was banned (I assume) and hated for the way he behaved here.

HTH

Edited for accuracy
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 08-05-2014 at 03:41 PM.

I thought Rog was banned for driving a CRV, instead of the required AWD diesel Audi wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr brownstone View Post
    1st off, glad you're on the mend. Thank you for responding to my get well text the other day. Glad you appreciated the sentiment.

That day in question was an interesting one to be sure. When we looked up chute that day it appeared that there was some new blown in snow in the main line of chute. Which is why we chose to put the booter (you're welcome) up the climbers right spine thingy to limit our exposure in the gut. Booting was fairly straightforward, deeper down low and barely ripe bomber corn up high. I got quite a bit ahead of you breaking trail then of course the line is steep enough up high where it's impossible to see someone below until you make a few turns down over the rollover. I got to the top, transitioned, ate, drank, waited, ate, put a jacket on and after close to 20 minutes i was getting cold so i decided i'd very carefully and slowly skied down just skiers left of the booter where the snow was bomber 1/2 inch deep corn. I wan't going to ski down the gut as that's what we were trying to avoid on the way up. Plus i wanted to leave you with the good snow down the main line which you seemed to appreciate after your nice run (you're welcome again). When i skied down above you VERY slowly i stopped once seeing you, apologized immediately and told you i was worried that you may have turned back. I couldn't find this out from up top where i was getting cold. Once you passed me on the booter i proceeded to go poke at the snow in the gut to see how it would ski for you (you're welcome) then skied the spine/booter line leaving you best line cuz i wanted you to have it.

Oh and glad you liked the scarpa boots that i got you that bro deal on by calling the rep for you and telling him what an upstanding mountain dood that you are (you're welcome yet again).

So ya i guess i skied down on ya. But not without thought or contemplativeness.

Not skiing down on someone is bc 101 shit, and if you don't think i know that, oh well. I've met plenty of great folks on here that i tour with, surf with, and ride with and i appreciate the community and info share.

I can play nice, but ban me if you must. I understand.

peace

rog
    New roolz are working just great......
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

At least people are arguing about actual skiing now. That's a start

If these rules bother you, you might be taking this "place" too seriously...

So... Some of you might know this story (paging Big Tim)... I got banned from telemarktips. I didn't know it for quite a while cuz I just stopped going there for a couple years after I quit.

To make a long story short, I called Mitch out on a matter of journalistic and personal integrity over something he'd written in the "news" section about a common friend of ours (and some of you).

I decided I wasn't going to be part of the forum anymore. I said farewell to folks there (many of whom are here now), and moved in to TGR. I didn't have a long drawn out drama scene. I just left.

No big deal. Time to move on from an increasingly shitty web site and forum and be part of a growing one. And I knew a few folks here.

I didn't know I was banned until over a year later when I went there to find an old friend. Tried to log in and discovered I was BANNED!

THE HORROR! THE OUTRAGE!

And I lurked. I noticed that nobody missed me. They didn't care that I was gone.

And it was ok.

Ive run into Mitch at Mammoth a few times after that and everything's been cool. No hard feelings. Let's make some turns! I wish he'd followed up on and written more about EJ as things developed, but he's moved on.

I've mostly stayed away from EYT. Doing myself and Craig a favor. We've already been through a pissing match in Couloir.

Some of you folks came from Ttips.

Hugh was there. Hugh used to be cool. He shouldn't be banned. But he should quit.

Long story short?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I've been thinking for a while about these rules. Personally I hate the ambiguity and application of them. They will be violated constantly, yet there will never be any action taken as long as you are an accepted member. At the same time, I'm extremely happy they are not being applied as stated, I didn't want this place to change.

You guys are like my corporate HR department. Set up rules that no one follows, ignore 99% of the violations, then when you want to get rid of someone you don't like, site the rules that no one followed.

Then we have the Icelanticskier situation. The only well known (infamous) poster to be banned (that I know of), who didn't break any of the rules. I never saw the tunnel creek post but have an idea of what he said. He did break almost every other social norm though, lecturing about Marker, helmets, etc. However the guy would share his honest opinions most of the time. You can hate him for those opinions, and can be justified in that hatred, but I don't think that should amount to a ban. I hate Downbound Rain, but I'm not advocating for him to be banned.

The ignore button exists for a reason. Its not like he was wiped off the face of the earth, you just silenced him from the forum. The same thing could be accomplished by individuals with the ignore button.
    Well said. I also didn't read his tunnel creek posts, but if you took him with a grain of salt (as EVERYONE should take EVERYONE on here, btw) I thought he added more than he took away. And I thought his trolling online antics were hilarious at times.

reminds me of this, particularly the ending:

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I thought Rog was banned for driving a CRV, instead of the required AWD diesel Audi wagon.
    To clarify any ambiguity, it was a CRV with AT tires.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    To clarify any ambiguity, it was a CRV with AT tires.
    Haha! Missed that one. ... let me guess "a good Pair of AT tires work just as well as good winter tires. (It's all on the driver, and rog is a great driver)

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Unibonger
    & Sledneckripper
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    & Sledneckripper
    He came back for a bit as ^^^

And Smokey McPole got banned as well. Possibly spawning the jerantula line.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    New roolz are working just great......
    No doubt. Fuck it. And at nauseam ... I'm done.

The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    LOL... you think he's gone? HA! ... There is no way to permanently ban anyone if they are even slightly internet savvy and trolls usually are. Usually turning them into a bigger cunt than you started with and where does that leave you... and us?
    Fortune teller? Could you pick some powerball tics for me?

The Passion is in the Risk

I wish all you special snowflakes would fall on the ground so I could go skiing . Fucking summer sand in the collective vag that is TGR.

There are a lot of really long posts in this thread. I didn't read any of them, so if somebody already said this I apologize....

The new roolz (they're hip because they're misspelled) are basically common sense, and the Gestapo is all "it's always been this way. Nothing is changing, man...."

Sure. I guess.

Thing is: the implication that this stuff has to be outlined is kind of the first problem. Truly offensive and irritating shit has to go, that's been unspoken for quite some time and the vibe had made an uneasy truce with that. Who is actually informed by these rules, though? It's masturbatory bullshit. Have fun with that, I guess. The next step towards total douchery is coming up with some strikes or point system. Oh, right, you skipped right there on your first try. Way to go, man.

I liked not being a part of anybody's explicit agenda. This is dumb.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    At least people are arguing about actual skiing now. That's a start

If these rules bother you, you might be taking this "place" too seriously...
    Really? Cause it sure seems like 'these rules' came about as a direct result of people taking this place too seriously.

Approach life with my logic and stop whining.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	157223
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

So aged sherry > Coors light?

^coors light? I'd take fruit bat saliva over that...
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy