Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Roolz

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It seemed like he wasn't offensive this time around. All you people bitching about him posting here need to get over yourselves until he does something with complaining about. Other than posting.

Bunch of whiny bitches.
    No. Rog is done here, or at least the mods are done with him. Tried to ask nicely, same bullshit. When mags figure he's back within 7 posts, it shows even his aliases are lame. Later.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    No. Rog is done here, or at least the mods are done with him. Tried to ask nicely, same bullshit. When mags figure he's back within 7 posts, it shows even his aliases are lame. Later.
    Banned mean banned.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Fonzie is is touching down on his water skis.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

He wasn't creating an alias, he just created a new user because he was lied to by a mod. He was not trying to hide anything...obviously. You mods really are butthurt, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    He wasn't creating an alias, he just created a new user because he was lied to by a mod. He was not trying to hide anything...obviously. You mods really are butthurt, huh?
    nope. Just following thru on a ban that was considered carefully. Any account that can be tracked back to him will be nuked as well. See Telee's post ^^^, he summed it up pretty well...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

nope. Just following thru on a ban that was considered carefully. Any account that can be tracked back to him will be nuked as well. See Telee's post ^^^, he summed it up pretty well...
    You guys specifically told him a 'time out'. Then you just axed him completely. Make up your minds. Apparently you have, but that doesn't mean you guys aren't butthurt now does it?

Now I'm not disagreeing with a 'time out' as Rog is or has been a complete jackass in here and many have told him that personally. But to Abrahams point, he wasn't doing anything wrong as Blu.

Pushing the limits on TGR forums is strictly verboten...cue Greg AZ. ...Even if he is one that pushes it in real life as opposed to so many in here that do not.

Banning sucks and this place will never be the same. It'll be a ghost town like it was in '01-02'.

You guys specifically told him a 'time out'. Then you just axed him completely. Make up your minds. Apparently you have, but that doesn't mean you guys aren't butthurt now does it?

Now I'm not disagreeing with a 'time out' as Rog is or has been a complete jackass in here and many have told him that personally. But to Abrahams point, he wasn't doing anything wrong as Blu.

Pushing the limits on TGR forums is strictly verboten...cue Greg AZ. ...Even if he is one that pushes it in real life as opposed to so many in here that do not.

Banning sucks and this place will never be the same. It'll be a ghost town like it was in '01-02'.
    Banning does suck, agree with you 110%. That's why it's almost never done, in fact i can't even recall off the top of my head who else has been banned in the last ~5 years? But when a poster just keeps posting crap that's offensive to the majority of the board and won't heed any warnings to tone it down, it's time. And I don't buy for a second that if he comes back under a different name he'll end up any different. He knows how to contact us if he wanted to discuss another chance, but he hasn't. And it seems a little odd that someone would make such an effort to return to a message board so many times...

Don't mind a discussion of when the ban hammer should or shouldn't be used, but in the final analysis Todd and the whole web team were involved in the decision. It's pretty obvious that on a board like this with as many diverse opinions expressed, that it won't be viewed as the right decision by everybody, but so be it.

i never understood the rog hate - he was a pompous ass about helmets and the "way" to ski, and his experiences out west. did I catch a wiff that he was posting actual offensive posts under an alias? otherwise he was just a harmless kook

ron was way more obnoxious - he ruined ttips almost single handedly - quite a feat if you consider it - there was so much diversity of stupid there ( I did like it though - lol)

His Tunnel Creek comments were unkind and offensive but he made a point about avalanche accident "celebrity". At least in the recent alias post in this thread. There seem to be a significant number of people who know him and vouch for him.

Seems odd that theRog's lame shtick is the one you'd pick to make an example of, rather than any number or lame and purely disruptive aliases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    He knows how to contact us if he wanted to discuss another chance
    He did, publicly. He royally pissed you guys off so you wanted him gone. Buttmudd's stated his only reason is to stir shit (you seem to have no problem with that) and he's been banned more times but you got all chummy with him. Not that I particularly liked rawj (nor he me) but he actually cared to post useful information in the surf forum. Many times, generally selflessly. There are plenty of people who care enough to tell people they suck here who've never bothered to do anything remotely similar.

If you want to be a rule driven moderated board - don't discuss shit publicly. It doesn't work if you do that. Follow your own rules and be fair and even.

Echoing what Hugh just said, there are plenty of other members here who are way worse than la rog ever was. At least he posted useful information and provided himself as a resource outside these forums.

It's pretty funny how there is such a butthurt following for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i never understood the rog hate - he was a pompous ass [but] otherwise he was just a harmless kook

Wrong. You ever have a ski partner not wait for you at the top of 50 degree run (for no more than ten minutes mind you while you take off your crampons balling with snow) and then ski down directly on top of you? I did. His real life name is Rog. Worse ski partner ever. And yes that is my opinion.

But anyone that disrespects the lives of of fellow skiers lost in avalnces and constantly cunts up every thread here (all to stoke his narcissism and ego) and continues do so time and time again clearly does belong to this or any community of skiers that I want to hang with.

Move on ...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

In all fairness, I am sure Rog did not mean anything evil or mean regarding the Tunnel Creek incident. What he was saying, is they acted in group think and died, whereas RT3 was solo, but survived. Obviously it was in poor taste, but given the shit being floated RT3's way, it was a valid point. I don't agree with most of his decisions, but he's entitled to his opinion.

Only problem with Rog, is he shared those opinions 24/7, on every thread, and turned this into a Rog-centric universe. He would then feed off the backlash and relished the attention. It got old and many here just got sick of it.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    not wait for you at the top of 50 degree run (for no more than ten minutes mind you while you take off your crampons balling with snow) and then ski down directly on top of you? I did. His real life name is Rog. Worse ski partner ever.
    Did he tell you you were using the wrong type of crampons as he skied by?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Did he tell you you were using the wrong type of crampons as he skied by?
    Hahaha! And of course the wrong bindings too ...

And as far as banning goes...

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    ...he shared those opinions 24/7, on every thread, and turned this into a Rog-centric universe. He would then feed off the backlash and relished the attention. It got old and many here just got sick of it.
    That's how I saw it. His compulsive thrunting was seriously fucked up. I don't, and won't, miss him.

IMO there is a serious need for "cleanup on aisle 4" at this point.

This place is an incredible treasure trove of good info and some fine folks. But a lot of info and a whole lot of stoke, has been crowded out by idiotic sexism/misogyny, homophobia, racism, general asshatery, etc. Especially when you mix a pinch of psycho internet creepsterism into the stew. It seems to impact the overall tone more than I care for. Having a "personality" is not the same as bringing the stupid and the bigotry all the time.

Besides the undercurrents bubbling in the mainline stuff, the padded room and polyass, as they reflect the temperament of much of the community, are pretty major turnoffs for some pretty good folks. Some no longer showing up much, or at all. A loss IMO.

Community self-policing certainly has not done it. Hopefully the TGR Private Equity Overlords will do the math, and conclude that the long term viability and stoke of the site are actually aligned with getting the house in a bit of order. I'm pretty sure that over-moderation is definitely not a problem here. And is not likely to be one.

Wrong. You ever have a ski partner not wait for you at the top of 50 degree run (for no more than ten minutes mind you while you take off your crampons balling with snow) and then ski down directly on top of you? I did. His real life name is Rog. Worse ski partner ever. And yes that is my opinion.

But anyone that disrespects the lives of of fellow skiers lost in avalnces and constantly cunts up every thread here (all to stoke his narcissism and ego) and continues do so time and time again clearly does belong to this or any community of skiers that I want to hang with.

Move on ...

sorry dude - didn't know - really

Can we all stfu and agree that ryan dunfee is a bad writer?
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

..Todd....
    I'm not going to argue that.

Move on ...

Well, I've heard both stories in person and the absolute truth is always somewhere in the middle. 50 degrees? Yeah, for one turn! You were not fit enough to tour with him. I wasn't either, that's why I never have. That never works. One guy freezes his ass off waiting and the other can be dangerous by trying to go too fast trying to keep up. You guys were not a good pair. He told me he skied down to check on you...which makes sense to me. Many others in here have toured with him without issues.

Speaking of danger, I heard you took a fall. Hope you're healing up.

Well, I've heard both stories in person and the absolute truth is always somewhere in the middle. 50 degrees? Yeah, for one turn! You were not fit enough to tour with him. I wasn't either, that's why I never have. That never works. One guy freezes his ass off waiting and the other can be dangerous by trying to go too fast trying to keep up. You guys were not a good pair. He told me he skied down to check on you...which makes sense to me. Many others in here have toured with him without issues.
    We should probably leave that kind of ski alpinism etiquette dispute for commonlaw to moderate.

But AFAIAA it's got nothing to do with why therawg got banned.

I'm not going to argue that.

Speaking of danger, I heard you took a fall. Hope you're healing up.
    Bullshit on all accounts. I never would have a problem someone taking laps around me go for it but he could have skied down the main line of Chute and been nowhere near me instead he skis diwn right on top of me right in the boot pack. Whatever he's your buddy now. You can have em. Feeling fine thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    THE 3 BASIC RULES:
    1) Do not flame anyone's race, faith or sexual preferences
    2) No personal attacks or threats against other members
    3) Don't post someone else's email address, phone number, or physical address! We will delete it immediately and count it as a strike (more on that later)
    I've been thinking for a while about these rules. Personally I hate the ambiguity and application of them. They will be violated constantly, yet there will never be any action taken as long as you are an accepted member. At the same time, I'm extremely happy they are not being applied as stated, I didn't want this place to change.

You guys are like my corporate HR department. Set up rules that no one follows, ignore 99% of the violations, then when you want to get rid of someone you don't like, site the rules that no one followed.

Then we have the Icelanticskier situation. The only well known (infamous) poster to be banned (that I know of), who didn't break any of the rules. I never saw the tunnel creek post but have an idea of what he said. He did break almost every other social norm though, lecturing about Marker, helmets, etc. However the guy would share his honest opinions most of the time. You can hate him for those opinions, and can be justified in that hatred, but I don't think that should amount to a ban. I hate Downbound Rain, but I'm not advocating for him to be banned.

The ignore button exists for a reason. Its not like he was wiped off the face of the earth, you just silenced him from the forum. The same thing could be accomplished by individuals with the ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    We should probably leave that kind of ski alpinism etiquette dispute for commonlaw to moderate.

Ask oft what's its like to have a lunger wheeze behind him.