Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Gators need a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    even worse for husky fans is knowing that the good ol days ain't never coming back as far as Oregon is concerned. uw might get good again, but the ducks will never be the doormat they were again.
    Talk to Michigan about that "certainty."

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Talk to Michigan about that "certainty."
    michigan is not a doormat structurally, like say the beibs. Oregon might suck on the field for some period but they have made too many structural investments to ever be as desperate as they were barring some bizarre death penalty.

Just to tweak you a little about your Beaver-hatred, but I bet you Sean Mannion has a better NFL career than Mariota... at least at quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    LET'S GO CANES!

Monica Lewinsky's looking pretty good at 40.

spook Guest
    Just to tweak you a little about your Beaver-hatred, but I bet you Sean Mannion has a better NFL career than Mariota... at least at quarterback.

I don't hate the beibs. I just like talking shit. their fans reaction to oregon keeping them out of the rose bowl, etc., took a lot of fun out of generational shit talking though. I would have been happy for the beibs if they'd won and made it. the vast majority of beiber fans I know -- and I know a lot more beiber fans than duck fans -- became very bitter after that two or three year stretch when they were close only to get stomped in the civil war. it's only gotten worse as the programs have continued to diverge significantly.

I can see that, especially with no skin in the game.

spook Guest
    as for mariota v mannioin, I have no idea really and haven't thought about it for one second really. mariota is a ton more athletic but he is an excellent passer as well. I assume everybody is drooling over him for a reason. i only root against the beavs now so the fans will suffer. not because I have any inherent loathing of the players. unless they are demonstrably assholes, college football is cutthroat and everybody has dreams. I would never root for a dedicated, clean athlete to have his dreams crushed.

Mariota is going to be awesome if they adapt their system to his talents. One of the reasons, I'm afraid the Titans end up with him is they try to make him into a pocket passer.

If the Titans are looking for a pocket passer and both are available, they'll take Mannion cuz he's NFL-ready pocket passer. Mariota would fit great in Chip's spread option offense. Could the Eagles trade up to get him?

spook Guest
    so do you want the guy who threw for 13,000 yds, 80 TDs and 53 ints in 4years and qbr of 130ish and -5 yprush

or the guy who threw for 9000 yds, 92 TDs and 12 ints in 3 years and qbr of 175ish and 6+ ydrush

After seeing what happened to RG3 I'll take the 6'5" pocket passer. Remember - TFB kinda sucked in college.

After seeing what happened to RG3 I'll take the 6'5" pocket passer. Remember - TFB kinda sucked in college.
    Terry Fucking Baker (TFB)?!?!

Manion will be Derrick Anderson version 2.0...a career backup. Mariota has greater upside but could wash out...definitely higher variance IMO. The Beavers play a tradish NFL offense, so some see them as good fits especially at QB...but have any actually been good for sustained periods? Not that the ducks are much better (Foutes?)...point is don't go getting all bonered over beibs
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

spook Guest
    mariota throws a sweet ball for a "dual threat" qb and is pretty technically sound from everything I've read. rg3 has to rely on athleticism to survive because he can't throw for shit. I think mariota is a better passer than pretty much every dual threat qb and should do OK if his coach doesn't send him out to get broken by linebackers on a regular basis. plus, he's very calm and very smart.

I feel bad for rg3. I don't care about him either way but to come back from a dislocated ankle and then having fans chanting for a fucking McCoy no less has to suck. and then gruden pretty much threw him under the bus, ran over him several times and then got out and blew him up with a flame thrower after sunday's game.

spook Guest
    plus, mannion will have to cut deep to rid himself of the beib stain of losing.

Marcus Mariota gets speeding ticket. "Mr. Mariota was polite and respectful, he was professional and took the citation appropriately and acted appropriately," state police Lt. Josh Brooks told The Oregonian. Scandal!

Mannion is unimpressive. Reminds me of Rob Johnson, an SC QB from the early-mid 90s. Very good physical skills, but mentally not all there. He's not a very good college QB, despite the numbers.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

And regardless of the outcome tomorrow, and SC will likely lose given our imbecile HC, some things still hold true, and shall hold true in perpetuity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxYfd7vafes
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Bama paying dearly for this terrible game. 3 key injuries already and the worst half of football I've ever seen.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Floriduh State is struggling AGAIN. I really hope they end up with a loss this time.

^^. They are a blessed team it seems.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Wow, looks like Ole Miss is going down and shutout.

Florida State just doesn't seem like that great of a team, but they are still undefeated. I think that's the only thing keeping them in the top 4.

So glad Louisville took out the perennially overstank Notre Dame. SUCKS BC could't put FS where they belong.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Good game brewing in the Rose Bowl.