Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Ohio State is paying attention.

oh, i thought osu's lack of a competent qb had osu's attention

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

oh i get it, they're like the beavers, but with some kind of bird. "x nation" makes me want to puke. shouldn't it be more like beaver enclave? or maybe just "beaver region."

spook Guest
    so why does cbs sports say that the hokies "stunned" osu? is it really stunning to osu to lose when they lost their heisman candidate qb?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This turned into spook's mindless blog?.
    Yes, yes it is.

spook Guest
    oops. it's okay lil bro. i didn't realize you're in seattle. i understand the dour attitude. maybe coach peterson can dial up a few late hits against the ducks. worked for him in boise!

spook Guest
    whodathunk the ducks would be AVERAGING 54 pts a game after 2 games, one including msu, after trailing 24-18 at half?

i can't remember if it's 10 in a row or 11 against the fuskies. with the new beer garden it should be awesome.

College football is for fags who's only gift to the waste of space they occupy is going to piss their bud light out.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

spook Guest
    bud light?

you do realize that they still occupy the same amount of space even if they move, right?

in other news, boise state is stomping colorado state. i wonder if peterson wishes he'd stayed a big fish in a little pond.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    O line played pretty well spook, all injuries considered. Marcus held onto the ball too long on most of those sacks and Tyner missed some reads. Once things start clicking watch out. Could be the best receiving corps since Paysinger/Covlin before they got hurt. D line played lights out second half, Joe Walker an Troy Hill got a lot better since last year.
    or you may be talking about the injuries prior to the game i bet...

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    College football is for fags who's only gift to the waste of space they occupy is going to piss their bud light out.

i was also wondering, how many times do you think you've said "fag" in your life and not sounded like an idiot? round to the nearest 100.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Where are the Wolverine fans tonight????
    Praying for Jim Harbaugh to take the job

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    seriously, does anybody outside of virginia pay attention to virginia tech?
    buttsecs?

Heading back to Columbia for the game tomorrow, kept trying to talk myself into a W for the Gamecocks but I can't see how our D manages to shut down Gurley without exposing our lackluster secondary. If Dylan Thompson and Mike Davis can convert the third and shorts we got a chance but..........

Looks like you picked a fun game. Gurley is a beast. Hoping the underdogs pull it out.

What an amazing game. That spot at the end was ridiculous.

Great match-ups today. Too bad my Terps lost but we made it much more exciting than I thought we would, losing to the hated 'Eers on a last second FG. Maybe we won't be the B1G cellar dwellers after all.

They say life's a game of inches.... What a game. I'm soaked.

spook Guest
    i haven't seen the game but as much as i hate ranked pac12 teams sucking ass against nobody there are few i'd rather have it happen to than usc. fuck sark and haden. the only people i like watching lose more are the fuskies and the bark rodents. the ducks control their destiny but they're getting killed by injuries as i believe somebody pointed last week before at least one more that i heard of (didn't watch) today. they have been among the best conditioned athletes since chip got there because of the massive repetition but it takes luck and they seem to be suffering a near epidemic.

Someone needs to give Pat Haden a lesson in scheduling 101. Following a road game against a top tier conference rival you need to either A) schedule a bye week or B) schedule a home game against a double directional U cream puff/service academy. Traveling 3,000 miles to the other side of the country to play a power 5 opponent isn't gonna cut it.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    Someone needs to give Pat Haden a lesson in scheduling 101. Following a road game against a top tier conference rival you need to either A) schedule a bye week or B) schedule a home game against a double directional U cream puff/service academy. Traveling 3,000 miles to the other side of the country to play a power 5 opponent isn't gonna cut it.
    wow i never think of bc as power anything. i can see the travel part but there's no way they should have lost that game if they were even close to a top 10 team.

Sigh.... well at least Rice is getting points on the board. Love the way the the announcers switch to talking about the educational benefits at Rice and how the strong safety Gabe Baker plays cello and speaks Mandarin when it becomes apparent they've got no game. LOL!

Very bizarre couple of calls last night. Rice makes a 53 yd field goal and it gets taken away because TA&M had 12 players on the field. Dead ball foul - not even a chance to decline the penalty.

At least the Dawgs are going strong.

Wild sequence for Aggies, Owls

A 12th man saved Texas A&M three points. Then, more than 12 men took six away.

In a wild sequence to end the first half of Saturday's game against Rice, the Aggies went from allowing three points to scoring six to scoring none. Rice kicker James Hairston made a 53-yard field goal to end the first half and pull the Owls to within 11 points of Texas A&M at 21-10.

However, the field goal was waved off by officials after they ruled that the Aggies made an illegal substitution. They had 12 men on the field and because it was a dead-ball foul, the play didn't count.

So Hairston and the Owls had to attempt the field goal again, this time five yards closer, and the 48-yard attempt was blocked. As the ball rolled toward the goal line, Texas A&M freshman safety Armani Watts sprinted to pick up the ball at the 7-yard line, ran all the way across the field and returned it 93 yards for a touchdown and a 27-7 lead.

However, some of the Aggies players on the sideline ran onto the field after the block and Texas A&M was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at its own 42. The Aggies received an untimed down at their own 27, but Kenny Hill took a knee and the half expired with the score the same way it was before Hairston connected on his first field goal try at 21-7.

The bizarre series of plays was followed shortly thereafter by a halftime interview where Kevin Sumlin discussed his team's dumb penalties and "bad football."

Sumlin spoke about the sequence after the Aggies' 38-10 victory.

“We coach our team that if the ball is blocked and it goes on the offensive side of the line of scrimmage then we will pick it up, scoop and try to score," Sumlin said. "If the ball is blocked and it goes on our side of the line of scrimmage, then we leave it alone, because there are only bad things that can happen. Unless you’ve got a guy like Armani Watts who has never played and been on the field goal block team."

Sumlin noted the chaos of having players run off the field, others running on it and Watts sprinting by them all en route to the end zone.

"I’ve been around 20-something years, I’ve never seen that happen," Sumlin said. "It was just a really bizarre ending to the first half. Hopefully we won’t see anything like that again."

spook Guest
    http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-y...1635466887/all

fsu fans, rejoice! your heisman trophy winner is about as dumb as a bucket of rocks. like shitty rock. honestly, how do you not kick him off the team for publicly disgracing himself and the team RIGHT WHEN EVERYBODY'S FOCUSED ON HOW SHITTY MEN TREAT WOMEN?

spook Guest
    seriously. you think women on campus aren't going to be seriously justifiably pissed off about this? they're carrying rape mattresses at another school. coach has to make a decision. keep mr. fuck her right in the pussy or keep his job. i would bet a little money on it.

Jaboo could shoot somebody and Jimbo would look the other way, he's a cash cow.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    step two

Via Warchant.com, athletic director Stan Wilcox and interim president Garrett Stokes released a statement on the punishment:
    As the university's most visible ambassadors, student-athletes at Florida State are expected to uphold at all times high standards of integrity and behavior that reflect well upon themselves, their families, coaches, teammates, the Department of Athletics and Florida State University. Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others.
    As a result of his comments yesterday, which were offensive and vulgar, Jameis Winston will undergo internal discipline and will be withheld from competition for the first half of the Clemson game.
    The University and athletics department will have no further comment on the matter.

spook Guest
    yeah, we'll see what happens on gameday.