Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Anyone have a reliable online stream for Oregon v. Sparty? Fucking Montucky cable is showing the Griz vs. podunk U. Luckily the Griz players have refrained from raping anyone in the first three quarters.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/college-football2

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    oregon's defense does not look like it's ready to be on the field 3x as long as the offense against a good team. also hard to believe with 3 studs in the backfield the ducks have hardly used them.
    Agreed. Defense looks like Aliotti 2.0. Soft, no pressure, and open receivers every play.

And 13 rushing yards in the first half with Tyner, Freeman, and Marshall is a joke and certainly isn't helping keep the Oregon defense off the field.

Edit: Oregon...the second half team they've always been. Good to see Helfrich, Pellum, and Frost make the adjustments needed to turn the game around. That second quarter was brutal.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 09-06-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

spook Guest
    wannstedt is a moron. the uo defense has been on the field forfuckingever throughout chip kelly's tenure because the offense scored so fast. it's not uncharted territory. it's territory they are usually in shape for but they looked gassed in the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/college-football2

Agreed. Defense looks like Aliotti 2.0. Soft, no pressure, and open receivers every play.

And 13 rushing yards in the first half with Tyner, Freeman, and Marshall is a joke and certainly isn't helping keep the Oregon defense off the field.
    Thanks for the link.

wannstedt is a moron. the uo defense has been on the field forfuckingever throughout chip kelly's tenure because the offense scored so fast. it's not uncharted territory. it's territory they are usually in shape for but they looked gassed in the first quarter.
    Wanny's entire philosophy as a coach is run run run kick to kill the clock. That is why he is on TV now and not the sideline. Plus the sweet stache helps too.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

spook Guest
    wow talk about desperation/clutch play by mariota.

spook Guest
    if the oline can't block any better than this mariota will get hurt before the season is over. every year they have some problems at the beginning of the year because so much of their offense is timing on the oline. they just don't usually start with #7.

spook Guest
    we'll have to see how it works out but a lot of chip's and aliotti's first halves looked weak until i realized that chip more than any coach i've ever seen does not play his whole hand in the first half, in the first game in the first half of the season, etc. there has been a ton of pressure on helfrich and pellum for this game, so if they can come out of it better than chip came out of boise state, tons of respect.

but if mariota doesn't make that shovel pass for the first down, who knows what happens. not that it's over by any means, but when oregon gets rolling they're hard to stop.

spook Guest
    also amazing to have a freshman ncaa hurdle champ as a receiver. and there goes the one thing oregon hasn't had since blount. a big rb.

spook Guest
    zero pressure on msu's qb all game. the one sack oregon got cook just threw himself down

spook Guest
    oooh! a penalty on msu!

spook Guest
    gutsy win by the ducks. they're going to have to evolve a lot over the season to be in the final four, but they avoided the boneheaded disasters they had against boise st. and lsu in their recent early season highly ranked games that ended their chances before they started.

spook Guest
    now to watch the beibs get pasted

That was a fun game against a good defense
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    in some facets it was a lot like chip's teams. take the opponent's best shots in the first half and then stomp on their throats in the second. i wonder who will have a better defense than msu that oregon will face this year, cuz oregon's offense should only get better with all those weapons. i can't wait to see freeman get more carries. he makes last year's leading rusher look tiny.

spook Guest
    i'm guessing the huskies won't be the next best defense. 59-52 against eastern fucking washington? poor chris peterson could have been a hero forever at boise no matter how bad they suck and he gives up 52 against eastern fucking washington? at home? yikes.

O line played pretty well spook, all injuries considered. Marcus held onto the ball too long on most of those sacks and Tyner missed some reads. Once things start clicking watch out. Could be the best receiving corps since Paysinger/Covlin before they got hurt. D line played lights out second half, Joe Walker an Troy Hill got a lot better since last year.

Todd Gurley might run for 400 yards on our defense next week.

Where are the Wolverine fans tonight????
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

This turned into spook's mindless blog?

VT is keeping this interesting following Ohio State coming back.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    O line played pretty well spook, all injuries considered. Marcus held onto the ball too long on most of those sacks and Tyner missed some reads. Once things start clicking watch out. Could be the best receiving corps since Paysinger/Covlin before they got hurt. D line played lights out second half, Joe Walker an Troy Hill got a lot better since last year.
    well, they were averaging like 2.5 yards per carry in the first half and weren't even trying to run really, except for mariota running for his life. i only saw the one injury, but i had a 3 year old interrupting the proceedings screaming "donald duck!!!!"

i thought the whole team played a lot better in the second half. and like you said, the receiving corp looks ready for prime time and so much studly depth at rb. hopefully, the line and mariota stays healthy. it's amazing how many times the ducks have had legit heisman and nc hopes and only made it through once, only to lose on a freak play (and hardly anybody remembers darren thomas anymore).

i saw tyner miss a few blocks, but he can't pick up 3 or 4 guys either.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This turned into spook's mindless blog?

VT is keeping this interesting following Ohio State coming back.

mindless would be commenting on vt and the po witto ohio state... seriously, does anybody outside of virginia pay attention to virginia tech? is vick still playing? wasn't that the only time they were relevant?

spook Guest
    besides, i probably won't get to see another game all season until the beibs.

seriously, does anybody outside of virginia pay attention to virginia tech?
    Ohio State is paying attention.

spook Guest
    sark: MOMMYYYYYYY!!

"I got a text just to come down because Sark wanted to talk to me," Haden told ESPN shortly after speaking with the officials. "He thought the penalty called was unfair and the ref explained that he had warned him so that's why he had gotten the penalty. ... It's just been a really frustrating quarter with the penalties."
    When asked if he was satisfied with the officials' explanation, Haden joked that coaches and athletic directors are "never satisfied" with explanations, before moving past the topic.
    "We got the right answer, we're going to move on," Haden said.
    In addition to being the athletic director for the Trojans, Haden is also one of the 13 members on the College Football Playoff selection committee. The committee will have a recusal policy, preventing Haden from being in the room when USC is discussed, but it is not a good look for fans skeptical of a committee supposedly free of bias.