Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1020
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    When Oregon punted down by 15 in the 4th quarter, you could see this team just didn't have the physicality or confidence to take the big risk and get 7 yards on 4th down.
    I don't know what was caught on the TV broadcast as I haven't watched it yet but during OSU's previous scoring drive that put them up by 15 you could see Oregon's D guys shaking their heads after a few different plays, some of which were caught on that massive TV they have in the stadium. You could just see they didn't have the gas left to get at the O-line anymore.

Anyone who watched these teams this season knew the Oregon D was their weak link. The PAC-12 isn't the most defensive minded conference but Oregon's offense could always outscore everyone. I was kinda surprised Ohio State managed to shut them down so effectively. If you told me before the game that we'd turn the ball over 4 times I would have said we're gonna lose and lose big, and like you said Oregon was within 1 point in the 3rd quarter. But hey, that's why they play the games.

As an OSU fan I always thought the 2002 Fiesta Bowl was the most exciting game I've ever seen live, but this game, while not as close, was far more satisfying.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...staying-school

That quick press conference is my only exposure to the guy outside of Monday night. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Glad he won; best of luck to him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    22 yr. old men do not need to be chasing incoming frosh trim,.
    but it was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...staying-school

That quick press conference is my only exposure to the guy outside of Monday night. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Glad he won; best of luck to him in the future.

I rarely have anything good to say about any Buckeye but yeah, seems like a solid dude with a good sense of what's important. Good luck to him. (Except next November of course! ) Just another solid Cleveland dude I guess.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I don't know what was caught on the TV broadcast as I haven't watched it yet but during OSU's previous scoring drive that put them up by 15 you could see Oregon's D guys shaking their heads after a few different plays, some of which were caught on that massive TV they have in the stadium. You could just see they didn't have the gas left to get at the O-line anymore.
    Yeah, that high tempo offense really bit Oregon in ass. I guess it's great if Oregon's D has the physical advantage over some weakass pac-12 team (or a bunch of overrated clowns like FSU) but against a big, grinding team like Ohio it meant the D was getting worked for long periods. Ohio had 61 snaps for carries and another 23 pass plays and their offense owned the field for almost 2/3 of the game. Ohio had more run plays than Oregon had offensive snaps! It was asking too much of the D. They would need one of the best and deepest D benches in the land to pull it off, imho. Kind of makes me wonder if the "Oregon offense" strategy is a real liability when used against the top tier running teams likely to be encountered in the playoff.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 01-16-2015 at 10:26 AM.

tOSU O-line trap blocking was the difference, the reason the Duck defenders were shaking their heads. NFL starter quality at every position on tOSU O-line. They had no significant injuries all year, which is freaky lucky. That was by far the best O-line trap blocking I have ever seen, college or pro, so lauds to the coaches

Oregon's defense has always been their weak spot...good o-lines and clock management typically are what kill the Ducks. From a fan perspective the thought was that Alioti's scheme was to blame...but maybe they just can't recruit the dudes.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Yeah, tOSU gets top O-line cuz a starting O-line position at tOSU is the most direct path to NFL O-line job. There are a handful of Duck O-linemen in the NFL, most notably Max Unger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Yeah, tOSU gets top O-line cuz a starting O-line position at tOSU is the most direct path to NFL O-line job. There are a handful of Duck O-linemen in the NFL, most notably Max Unger
    Right, the O-line for the Ducks has been and is pretty solid. The D-Line has a tendency to get pushed around...this year seemed different until tOSU.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Ducks could have used Haloti Ngata Monday night

I saw that the NCAA reinstated the wins that they took away from JoePa...? What. The. Fuck?

What was the point of taking them away?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

spook Guest
    I believe it was little boys, goobie.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

spook Guest
    didn't he just trade smarter better athletes at Wisconsin for dumber lesser sheepfookers at beiberlandia? of course, he's not committed to winning a nc at osewe either.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    The duck pro team based out of oregon just hired a qb from e. Wa for a season.
    Apparently so did FSU...How the fuck is this legal???

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ansUSAsports11
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post

Well that will put some rumors about Braxton transferring... At least to FSU...

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post

I don't understand the problem. Kid has a year of eligibility left, has graduated ND, and is transferring to a program that he feels has a better chance of winning the National Championship. I'm not saying it's smart (hell, he's not leaving the ACC) but this shit isn't new.

It's legal because they've graduated and still have eligibility. Russell Wilson did it at Wisconsin. Free agents basically.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    You know, I used to think that if either of my kids got into Chapel Hill I'd be very happy for them. Now there's just too much fucking drama at that University, and not just that involving the Athletic Dept.

Too bad.