Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Woof! Go Dawgs! I can see this being about as sane as a frat party. All those years of pre-game/half time chugging..... kids these days have it so easy.

UW creates Husky Stadium 'Off-Leash' deck with alcohol

SEATTLE - John Edman is a Husky fan, who has a certain pre-game tradition.

"We normally just drink beer in the parking lot, when we tailgate," said Edman, while drinking a beer at the Northlake Tavern near the UW campus. He was also excited to hear there will be an additional choice at Husky Stadium this fall.

The UW announced there will be an "Off-Leash Deck" in the northwest corner of Husky Stadium. Fans can buy $25 standing room only tickets, in the corner, in a spot that will allow them to purchase beer or wine. Capacity will be limited to 500 people. The announcement is part of a trend nationwide, to allow some form of alcohol inside campus stadiums. For year, the idea was considered taboo.

"We had behavioral problems and we had to do something structurally to change that," says Oliver Luck, the athletic director at West Virginia University.

Luck says he noticed, on football game days, the university had a high rate of alcohol-related incidents inside the stadium. He says pre-game binge drinking, and a liberal in/out policy were to blame. He petitioned the WVU Board of Governors to allow beer sales, inside the stadium. There were "300 public comments, and two-thirds were negative," said Luck, who was able convince the board to make a change.

"There were others in the Big East conference, at the time," said Luck, "Louisville was selling Bourbon."

He says the change has been fruitful. West Virginia's net game day beer revenue has equaled $750,000 a year and incidents involving police inside the stadium have dropped 30%.

University of Washington Police Commander Steve Rittereiser says the department was consulted about the alcohol change.

"I think it's manageable" and a "nice part of Husky Stadium," said Rittereiser. He noted that his department is cautiously optimistic about it.

If UW sells out the "Off-Leash" tickets for its seven-game home schedule, and each person was to buy four beers, the proceeds would be close to $200,000.

UW had previously just sold beer and wine in suites and Club Husky. WSU also sells alcohol in Martin Stadium, in suites, and just outside the gates on Rogers Field. Only fans over the age of 21 are allowed to purchase alcohol.

Luck says he applauds UW AD Scott Woodward for making the move and dismisses any suggestion that alcohol sales inside a stadium are a slippery slope.

"With all due respect to folks who say it's a slippery slope, there is already a lot of alcohol, both beer, and hard liquor, wine whatever, at college football games," he said. "Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that is probably not being straight forward."

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They prefer the players only date imaginary girls.
    ZING!!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I don't get it. Football players at ND aren't allowed to have sex with a co-ed? The homework thing I get, but who cares if she had consensual relations with them?
    They had to make sure they smeared the girl, too.

I don't get it. Football players at ND aren't allowed to have sex with a co-ed? The homework thing I get, but who cares if she had consensual relations with them?
    I went to ND. They have a policy, which states that premarital sex is not allowed for any students. Punishment is automatic expulsion. You can actually be kicked out for just being in the dorm room of the opposite gender after midnight. A friend of mine got kicked out about 3 months prior to graduating. He ended up suing the school to get his diploma. Obviously, the policy is ridiculous, but everyone is made aware of it the first day of school. Don't get caught.

Huh, and here I thought BYU was the only D1 school with a retarded morality clause.

Week 1 games of interest:

Bama vs WVU
    LSU vs Wisky
    Aunurn vs Arky
    FSU vs OSU
    Clemson vs UGA
    SCAR vs Aggie

I'll take Bama, Wisky, AU, FSU(close), UGA, and Scar
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Week 1 games of interest:

Bama vs WVU
    Generally, to be a game of interest, both teams have to have a chance to win.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

WVU has a chance. I'd say 23-13 Bama. 2 qbs will play, it'll be run game, safe throws, and defense.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Man, the Terps have a very good chance of winning their first game (against James Madison - woo) and then going 0fer the rest. Only other non-conference games are against South Florida, WVU, and the 'Cuse, all in the 1st 4 weeks.

Nice to see only 3 SEC teams in the pre-season top 10. Maybe the unwarranted fellatio is finally coming to an end.

I don't recall ever watching a game at Montlake with out a plethora of adult beverages present.

regardless, go dawgs.

Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Woof! Go Dawgs! I can see this being about as sane as a frat party. All those years of pre-game/half time chugging..... kids these days have it so easy.

UW creates Husky Stadium 'Off-Leash' deck with alcohol

SEATTLE - John Edman is a Husky fan, who has a certain pre-game tradition.

"We normally just drink beer in the parking lot, when we tailgate," said Edman, while drinking a beer at the Northlake Tavern near the UW campus. He was also excited to hear there will be an additional choice at Husky Stadium this fall.

The UW announced there will be an "Off-Leash Deck" in the northwest corner of Husky Stadium. Fans can buy $25 standing room only tickets, in the corner, in a spot that will allow them to purchase beer or wine. Capacity will be limited to 500 people. The announcement is part of a trend nationwide, to allow some form of alcohol inside campus stadiums. For year, the idea was considered taboo.

"We had behavioral problems and we had to do something structurally to change that," says Oliver Luck, the athletic director at West Virginia University.

Luck says he noticed, on football game days, the university had a high rate of alcohol-related incidents inside the stadium. He says pre-game binge drinking, and a liberal in/out policy were to blame. He petitioned the WVU Board of Governors to allow beer sales, inside the stadium. There were "300 public comments, and two-thirds were negative," said Luck, who was able convince the board to make a change.

"There were others in the Big East conference, at the time," said Luck, "Louisville was selling Bourbon."

He says the change has been fruitful. West Virginia's net game day beer revenue has equaled $750,000 a year and incidents involving police inside the stadium have dropped 30%.

University of Washington Police Commander Steve Rittereiser says the department was consulted about the alcohol change.

"I think it's manageable" and a "nice part of Husky Stadium," said Rittereiser. He noted that his department is cautiously optimistic about it.

If UW sells out the "Off-Leash" tickets for its seven-game home schedule, and each person was to buy four beers, the proceeds would be close to $200,000.

UW had previously just sold beer and wine in suites and Club Husky. WSU also sells alcohol in Martin Stadium, in suites, and just outside the gates on Rogers Field. Only fans over the age of 21 are allowed to purchase alcohol.

Luck says he applauds UW AD Scott Woodward for making the move and dismisses any suggestion that alcohol sales inside a stadium are a slippery slope.

"With all due respect to folks who say it's a slippery slope, there is already a lot of alcohol, both beer, and hard liquor, wine whatever, at college football games," he said. "Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that is probably not being straight forward."
    Back in '09 I went to a bunch of Cincinnati Bearcat football games during their top 10 undefeated (regular) season and they sold beer with less abandon than most NFL stadiums - apparently had for years too. It was a blast being able to watch good college ball and have some pops and the crowd was under control for the most part.

Granted Nippert Stadium isn't the Big House so I'd be curious to see how it plays out at a large venue.

Revenue baby.
    I still call it The Jake.

Holy shit the Aggies are taking it to the Cocks.

Why the fuck this game is only on the SEC network I'll never understand.

It's the new standard. Get used to it.

Sent from my HTC One mini using TGR Forums

spook Guest
    thank god it's on their own network. so i guess sc is overrated. but no worries. ta&m and sc will just switch spots and all will be well with sec favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by skiHOG View Post
    It's the new standard. Get used to it.

Sent from my HTC One mini using TGR Forums
    Meh - SEC Network is only SD here (on FiOS.) You'd figure that any game called by Brent Musberger would at least be on a national channel.

Meh - SEC Network is only SD here (on FiOS.) You'd figure that any game called by Brent Musberger would at least be on a national channel.
    This pisses me off to no end. The only reason I have cable is sports but if they keep this up I'll just say fuck it and get a digital antennae and watch whatever is on that.

spook Guest
    maybe somebody's showing fuckburger the door slowly

Penn St and UCF face off in Dublin, Ireland? You think they'd ask, oh, I don't know, Notre Dame to play in that one? Maybe they're holding out for the Ulster venue?

nothing but the expected crushing victory from the rebels vs boise state! looks like the goal to not be as bad as last season won't be achieved by BSU

Yeah, so that sucked.

Oh man, the streets here are howling with SEC fans and Clemson fans Icehockey after that one.

So Vandy gets a TO taken away for having "Anchor Down" on all their jerseys then it gets given back? I'm waiting for He Hate Me jerseys to show up any minute now.

Kevin Sumlin is a great offensive coach.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL