Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    100% not the heel riser

Just a little update, I am on my third pair of kingpin toes now, and the pins are backing out again. Might just shelf them and get replacements from next years stock, when, hopefully, they have this figured out. So disappointing, otherwise perfect binding.

Don't understand why Marker doesn't make the back end of the pins longer with a thin-wall "cup", which they can roll to the outside after installation, basically " riveting" the pins into the arms.

Quote Originally Posted by corex radnar View Post
    Just a little update, I am on my third pair of kingpin toes now, and the pins are backing out again. Might just shelf them and get replacements from next years stock, when, hopefully, they have this figured out. So disappointing, otherwise perfect binding.
    Other than knuckling 50 foot tabletops..., is it possible that there is some user or installation error? Blowing through three pairs by mid-Feb is crazy. I have to wonder if your boot, your tech fitting, the installation of the binding, or some other issue is causing the failures -- not just Marker's manufacturing error. Have you or a good tech done a solid inspection? I assume so...

As you can see from these, there looks to be a lip on either side of the pin that would prevent movement. Not sure how it is possible to have stuff move.

fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Other than knuckling 50 foot tabletops..., is it possible that there is some user or installation error? Blowing through three pairs by mid-Feb is crazy. I have to wonder if your boot, your tech fitting, the installation of the binding, or some other issue is causing the failures -- not just Marker's manufacturing error. Have you or a good tech done a solid inspection? I assume so...
    Using with a new pair of Vulcans, bindings seem to be holding up just fine, just this one problem over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    As you can see from these, there looks to be a lip on either side of the pin that would prevent movement. Not sure how it is possible to have stuff move.

.)
    This pin set up is completely different than the ones I have been getting!!! That pin won't move and now they appear to have fixed the issue. My pins do not get wider on the outside like your do, they are half that diameter. Happy to see they are finally fixing this! (Only difference is these are the 10 and I am on the 13, but I'm sure they will have changed it for both) Thanks for posting! All 3 of mine have looked the same as in my original post.

That pic of the demo version of the 10 DIN.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

[/QUOTE]
    All of my latest stock of Kingpin (both 10's & 13's) which were delivered early December have this pin fitting.

Sounds like the shop you have dealing with are retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2play View Post
    Anyone else been experiencing icing issues? Just back from a five day backcountry lodge trip... had problems stepping into the toe because of built up snow/ice under the springs/toe wings.
    IMO this problem is inherent in all similar designs in wet snow that becomes packed and frozen there. Just learn to clean the ice from under the springs without scratching underneath. Putting some clear tape under, or spraying with Silicone will help too.

So what's the consensus now-a-days - Beast toe and KP heel is the best PK-frankenbinding, or...? (no Vipec because of negative ramp)
    If yes - which Beast toe - 14 or 16?

Quote Originally Posted by cipherpunks View Post
    So what's the consensus now-a-days - Beast toe and KP heel is the best PK-frankenbinding, or...? (no Vipec because of negative ramp)
    If yes - which Beast toe - 14 or 16?
    I have both beast 14 and 16 bindings, and prefer the 14 toe. 16 is a bit more pain since it collects lots of snow which can make it difficult to release.

brake sizing/bending/switching

Hey I've got the 75-100 and am wondering how accurate that measurement is and if I could fit something like a 102. If not does anyone know if you can interchange/buy the larger size breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by COLE_E View Post
    Hey I've got the 75-100 and am wondering how accurate that measurement is and if I could fit something like a 102. If not does anyone know if you can interchange/buy the larger size breaks?
    I got the 100-125mm to fit a 106mm waist on someone's recommendation (also to future-proof a wider setup). They measure 127mm and the skis don't lock together all that well when carrying, could have easily gone with the narrower ones and a little bending or filing of the plastic arms. For 102mm you'll be fine.

^ Am having the Same problem with badly fitting brakes

You guys know the brakes change in size right? Just push or pull the arms to make them narrower or wider.

75-100 brakes fit a 108, sort of. Would definitely got a 102 no problem.

Part of the problem with those blue salomons is that they seem to be made out of fisher price plastic. A buddy has some and just from getting his toes into the bindings they are dented to crap

Small brakes (75-100) fit on Praxis BCs (106 underfoot). They'd probably go up to 110. I'd consider trading the small brakes for large ones over the summer if anyone is interested.

Terrible pics below of the newly mounted rig.

Thanks all for the thoughts and inputs on these binders. I was able to get one run on these on refrozen corn. The unmistakable THUNK of the heel slapping into place was deeply satisfying. The toe still skis like a traditional tech toe, but holy shit does the heel improve the connection to the entire ski. I'll report back when I actually have some miles on them, but quite happy with the decision to go for the MVP of touring bindings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456947214.071812.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	835.5 KB 
ID:	177573
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456947241.183267.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	786.4 KB 
ID:	177574
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Devo21 View Post
    Has anyone stretched the brakes wider than 125mm, or gone brakeless? I want to install them on some Lotus 138s.
    To close this out, I confirm the 125mm brakes will fit a Lotus 138 without any mods.

Anyone have experience swapping out the brake? I'd like to get the larger size to enable mounting on Protests. Seems like the switch should be relatively straightforward, no? Gracias.

Marker should make a 16 din spring version with steel toe wings.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Marker should make a 16 din spring version with steel toe wings.
    Radical Toe Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Radical Toe Piece?
    Nothing like one binding for the price of two...

I'd also like to see the fiber/plastic heel plate/track replaced with steel, and a much stiffer set of heel springs.

Anything plastic, and made by marker tends to develop a lot of play after a year of hard riding. That is hardly acceptable with a set of Squires, let alone a $650 binding.

Speaking of $650, anybody know of a decent deal on these anywhere? The used market hasn't shown many yet, and I just can't swallow full retail... But the heel seems worth some upgrade cost.
    Gravity always wins...