Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    I tried the search function , JONG. Anyone know the adjustment range on these?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I tried the search function , JONG. Anyone know the adjustment range on these?

Adjustment range: 25mm
    http://www.earnyourturns.com/28767/f...rkers-kingpin/

Just a little $.02 too, the kingpin is still listed on marker's prodeal site

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    https://youtu.be/GHZZ2iSnI20

Back in stock at US retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Back in stock at US retailers.
    $650 for 13s

Just bought two pairs from Spyderjon for less than $450 each including shipping.

Thanks Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

One more asshole question: I think I read somewhere the KP's are the same mounting pattern as dukes. Is that the troof?

Looking at the Powderguide templates I downloaded, the hole pattern for the toes are different, and displaced differently from the toe/pin line.

Even if they were identical, the Dukes are a frame binding, and the heel hole locations are in only one of two places (40mm apart), depending on whether the frame is the small or large size.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

One more asshole question: I think I read somewhere the KP's are the same mounting pattern as dukes. Is that the troof?
    No. I have done a Duke and Kingpin mount on the same ski, both very close to the centerline. Might not work for all boots and BSL's.

The Original dukes non epf share some of the toe holes

It's important to point out that even if all of the holes matched up, you'd only be able to reuse either the toe holes, or the heel & touring lock holes, unless your BSL matched up with the track length of the binding.

If the binding were located for your BSL (and at the point you like on the ski), then yes, you could get lucky and use the toe holes if they matched up.

Think about how a frame binding is mounted.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-21-2017 at 12:04 AM.
    Galibier Design

Thank all. I may be able to use the toe holes from what it sounds like and mount the heels with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    $650 for 13s

Just bought two pairs from Spyderjon for less than $450 each including shipping.

Thanks Jon.
    Forgot about spyderjon, but did just order a pair of 13s from snowinn for $425 shipped. I've had nothing but good experiences buying from them.

any tips on identifying bad vs good marker bindings with the toe piece problems?

its been quite a while since the problem was fixed, so it seems unlikely. but i still fear buying a set from a low turnover store that might have really old crap in stock.

the post on wildsnow seems to indicate that the star pattern was an indication of the fix. then a new fix meant grey springs instead of black. and then a new new fix doesn't have the star pattern anymore. and then the new new new models return to black springs.
    as far as i can tell, marker has come full circle. so that if i was holding a 2015 faulty kingpin in one hand, and a 2017 kinpin in another, i wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

paranoid much? yeah.
    i'm "that guy" that has all the bad luck. plus ive worked in a store before, and have seen how crap they can sometimes be.
    just buy from a high turnover store? i'd argue that a high turnover of beginner rental snowboards doesn't necessarily indicate a high turnover of kingpins.

Buy with confidence from SpyderJon?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Buy with confidence from SpyderJon?

... Thom

sent him a message about 8 seconds after posting. or should i contact via website instead?
    even if shipping to japan costs a bit, rewarding a forum member who has really competitive prices, and confidence in what im getting, seems like a good idea.

anything , I've PM'd you. Hopefully the shipping won't kill it. You also need to check what value of goods you can import in to Japan before you're liable for charges etc. And if charges are applicable, what % is applied.

The US is very generous in this respect ($800 before fees apply & then they're only minimum). Whereas if a private buyer from the UK/EU imports from the US then we only have circa $50 limit after which VAT/tax is charged at 20% (min) plus a custom clearance fee & a possibly import duty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    anything , I've PM'd you. Hopefully the shipping won't kill it. You also need to check what value of goods you can import in to Japan before you're liable for charges etc. And if charges are applicable, what % is applied.

The US is very generous in this respect ($800 before fees apply & then they're only minimum). Whereas if a private buyer from the UK/EU imports from the US then we only have circa $50 limit after which VAT/tax is charged at 20% (min) plus a custom clearance fee & a possibly import duty as well.
    thanks spyderjon. you responded so quick it caught me off guard and haven't responded yet. ive been investigating the models of skis you sell just in case its cheaper too.
    im not too concerned about the shipping, even with shipping and assuming a tax, its considerably cheaper than whats available here. on top of that, since posting earlier today ive discovered that marker 13 with 100-125mm breaks aren't stocked anywhere at all, so dont have a choice but to import anyway.
    probably made in china, shipped to uk, and now shipped to japan

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    ......probably made in china, shipped to uk, and now shipped to japan
    The important gold coloured parts (toe wings, climbing bard & the tour lever) are actually made in Wales with the rest of the production & assembly in the Czech Republic.

DMM?

DMM?
    Yep. http://dmmclimbing.com/news/2014/09/...h-ski-binding/

Only had 10/10 experiences with SpyderJon, Mag of the Year 2016.

No shit? I didn't know DMM machined those things. Might have to send spyderjon some converted Sterling just for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

With DMM's experience pressing the pins on their 'biners through the years, I was always surprised about the toe's pin problem.

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the design review conversations.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess that DMM advised Marker that their design was problematic, and that the Marker engineers were stubborn about their specification.

Good on Marker however for selecting DMM.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-28-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Galibier Design

info for girls with small feet planning to use kingpin with crampons
    Just bought a crampon for my girlfriend with a small feet (265 bsl) and it's not fitting between toe piece and walk/ski lever when it's in walk mode. Crampon is creating pressure on that thin lever mechanism when touring. I realize that could probably be avoided by mounting heel a bit futher and then adjusting it back, but still... Fixed with a hacksawClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2017-12-25_14-07-18.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	221015

This just happened after about 10 days of use..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190421-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	491.1 KB 
ID:	279529
    Always Fight Gravity