Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I need new grips, whats good?

Seems like I'm reading lots of ESI, Ergon , and Oury. Is there much of a difference? I know the grips that I have now seem thin which I don't care for.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

The Ergon G-E1 I have been using are pretty pimp.

ODI are more than solid as well.

I just got some ODI grips that are slightly fatter than my old ones and I like them a lot.

Ergon GP1. Really dig these.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Ergon GP1 or GP2 FTW

I was liking my esi chunky grips a lot but then did a day of lift served riding at Killington and they were causing a fair bit of fatigue there. I'm temporarily back to odi rogues now but may get something different as it's the same pair of rogues I've been using since 2010. They're uh... A little worn.

crab in my shoe mouth

Go to LBS try some and find the most comfortable ones. Buy them.

Or consult the internet about what they lean against their Subaru's at the trailhead.

Get Ourys and put nickels in the ends so the bars don't core them out. Well, that's what I did last time I got grips (12 years ago)...

I'm really liking Race Face Strafe for my big awkward hands.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Ergon FTW

Lockons are heavy?
    No longer stuck.

I'm digging the Easton lock ons

^^haha, great quote.
    grip choice is such a personal thing. been on ruffians for quite a while. lock ons. thin(for lock ons) so you'd prob hate them. I miss my ultra thin Oakley grips a bud gave me that he was hoarding from the 80's. mini waffles like 5 10 shoe souls, purple, and prob 3mils thick. fkn awesome

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^haha, great quote.
    grip choice is such a personal thing. been on ruffians for quite a while. lock ons. thin(for lock ons) so you'd prob hate them. I miss my ultra thin Oakley grips a bud gave me that he was hoarding from the 80's. mini waffles like 5 10 shoe souls, purple, and prob 3mils thick. fkn awesome
    Yep they are a big personal preference thing, I got a bike with esi foam grips that other people rave about and used them for like 3 rides then pulled them off for odi ruffians, have used ruffians for the last few years it's all I'm used to.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I'm digging the Easton lock ons
    +1 really like mine!

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Ergon GP1 or GP2 FTW
    I have these on my XC race bike, they limit your ability to move on the bike though due to the platform.

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/blog/?p=5634 these are great for bike that are being jumped and rolled down steep stuff. the inward clamp does help.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    yeah, "/thread" because Mr I Ride 3x/year says so. you and stuckie, pillow biter buddies who pretend they're badass on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    These:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/u...s/rp-prod39255

put some on tonight. wicked light, wicked grip. wicked cheap. all you need.

usually i just use cinelli cork tape scraps from the shop cuz it's wicked light and you can wrap as thick as you want, where you want it, but the ritchey foam is tits.

lock ons? you may as well attach lead weights to the bike

i'm free on Sunday the 10th, btw.

Foam fucking sucks. Period.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    yeah, "/thread" because Mr I Ride 3x/year says so. you and stuckie, pillow biter buddies who pretend they're badass on the internet.
    um, what?
    im up to 4 rides so far this season, really getting after it and whatnot
    crab in my shoe mouth

I've been on ruffians for so long I kinda forgot what other grips were like, my Slayer came with some crazy shaped grips that were too thick and felt too big in my hands and lead to some lower hand almost wrist pain. Never having had a "bad" grip i was reluctant to blame the grips but switching back to simple ruffians was great. Fwiw my wife has ergons and loves them.

I always run my ruffians with the lock rings upside down as well so the little tab with the screw is up. While it sounds crazy it gives me a very positive indication of exactly where my hand is on the bike as I lay my pinkie over that bump. I also like riding with my pinkies barely hanging off the end of the bars and this helps let me know where I am. I know it sounds nuts but I started doing it on my DH bike years ago and still do on my trail bike. I've even convinced som friends to try it and they like it. But it's personal preference so of course ymmv
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Get a grip man.

Another ergon fan here

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

Do you guys all have small hands or something? What's with all the really thin, hard grips?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    I've been on ruffians for so long I kinda forgot what other grips were like, my Slayer came with some crazy shaped grips that were too thick and felt too big in my hands and lead to some lower hand almost wrist pain. Never having had a "bad" grip i was reluctant to blame the grips but switching back to simple ruffians was great. Fwiw my wife has ergons and loves them.

I always run my ruffians with the lock rings upside down as well so the little tab with the screw is up. While it sounds crazy it gives me a very positive indication of exactly where my hand is on the bike as I lay my pinkie over that bump. I also like riding with my pinkies barely hanging off the end of the bars and this helps let me know where I am. I know it sounds nuts but I started doing it on my DH bike years ago and still do on my trail bike. I've even convinced som friends to try it and they like it. But it's personal preference so of course ymmv
    I run my screw tabs upside down on my ruffians as well and really like it. Originally it was an accident then after putting them on the right way I went back to upside down. Thought I was a crazy guy.

must try this. might save some skin on the knees too