Beartooth Pass this weekend: take the skis?

Seeking nothing epic, but more than a few turns worth. Don't have a ton of time, so hoping for a roadside attraction.

Any recent information?

I'd just take the skis and see when I get there but it's a lot of gear to haul and I don't have a lot of room to haul it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    Seeking nothing epic, but more than a few turns worth. Don't have a ton of time, so hoping for a roadside attraction.

Any recent information?

I'd just take the skis and see when I get there but it's a lot of gear to haul and I don't have a lot of room to haul it.

Thanks.
    I was up there last week, not skiing. I did see some guys climbing with skis on the Wyoming side, a few miles west of the ski lift. Looked like some decent stuff but fading rapidly. It's a tough call.

I would add that a gigantic rain storm came through the night after I drove over the pass and that could have really affected things. I heard somebody in Cooke City talking about a mud slide, not sure if it was on Beartooth Pass or Chief Joseph Highway but somewhere up there, so I'm pretty sure they got the same storm that rolled through Cooke.