Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Get with the times, man. California is rich as fuck these days. Unlike the clusterfuck going on in Kansas under Brownback's teaparty econ case study.

Meh, too early to call Kansas a clusterfuck. 2014 was the first year of lower income tax, now they got to get the spending shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    You sure about that?

"Silicon Valley’s PCPI (Per Capita Personal Income) —$63,288—currently would rank as the highest among U.S. states ($3,600 above Connecticut, but still below the District of Columbia). Central California would rank as a leading agricultural producer. Its PCPI and that of Jefferson, however, would be notably lower than the PCPI of the other four new states. Currently, Central California’s PCPI would rank last among all U.S. states (about $150 below Mississippi)."

Source: http://www.lao.ca.gov/ballot/2013/130771.aspx
    doesn't this assumes that the financial beneficiaries of the california's breadbasket live in "Central California"?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The sheriff of Siskiyou County was black for many years.
    Good thing he switched at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    doesn't this assumes that the financial beneficiaries of the california's breadbasket live in "Central California"?
    No, they live in Manhattan.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

I really hope California can pull this off.

There is nothing self serving, it is a collective reaction to regional issues and will limit overall growth for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It really is a crying shame that the best and brightest and now the richest can only come up with self serving bullshit like this when thinking of society's ills.
    i think it is the "warrior" mentality taught in military and leadership schools. Lead with selfish motives and all "win". It does not work outside war situations at all.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Meh, too early to call Kansas a clusterfuck. 2014 was the first year of lower income tax, now they got to get the spending shut down.
    "Spending shut down" is the dumbest retard statement of the year.

Disregarding shared infrastructure at the expense of lives, property and measured growth is idiotic.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Hugh Conway Guest
    Haven't they already claimed Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Hawaii and Colorado?

Just rent, don't own. (except for that super cheap condo with only 10% down)
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

No, they live in Manhattan.
    that was my point, manhattan, omaha, LA, and bay area....

Just rent, don't own.
    Does that include timeshares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This idea is still floating around? I thought it got laughed off the stage months ago.

Great idea, let's take one prosperous state that (sometimes) is very capable of managing itself and break it into two VERY wealthy states, two states that can barely scrape by, and two states with deeper poverty levels than any in the current 50. Oh, and by the way, these two poverty states are going to be responsible for maintaining the dams, pump stations, canals and other infrastructure needed to keep water flowing to the 30 million rich folks in San Francisco and LA that just told them to go get fucked.

This is gonna be great. That could possibly go wrong?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    This idea is still floating around? I thought it got laughed off the stage months ago.
    He's a billionaire. It's gotta be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

Great idea, let's take one prosperous state that (sometimes) is very capable of managing itself and break it into two VERY wealthy states, two states that can barely scrape by, and two states with deeper poverty levels than any in the current 50. Oh, and by the way, these two poverty states are going to be responsible for maintaining the dams, pump stations, canals and other infrastructure needed to keep water flowing to the 30 million rich folks in San Francisco and LA that just told them to go get fucked.

This is gonna be great. That could possibly go wrong?
    Sounds a little like the Crimea, now Russian, but without water, electricity, and bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Does that include timeshares?
    Timeshares are always a good investment. I have 26 and move twice a month. I'm gonna be filthy rich when I go to sell.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    No it's not too early. The verdict is in and they're fucked pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    a cali. bloodline somewhere.
    Or by marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Good thing he switched at some point.
    I think eventually it just washed off